Official Concert Thread: who have you seen lately?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Saw Thursday in late December. Every Time I Die a few weeks ago. Norma Jean tonight. Minus the Bear next month.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Saw Yaeji a week ago Wednesday (April 4) at The Dolphin here in Philly. Awesome show with tons of energy. Her set at Coachella is tomorrow.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Went to see Slayer last night in Orlando. Also playing were Lamb of God, Anthrax, Behemoth and Testament. Apparently it's Slayer's final US tour and they're certainly going out in style. Quality supporting acts as well :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Went to see Slayer last night in Orlando. Also playing were Lamb of God, Anthrax, Behemoth and Testament. Apparently it's Slayer's final US tour and they're certainly going out in style. Quality supporting acts as well :)

Sounds like a cool show but I hate concerts for white people musics. Went to Incubus and was turned off by the crowd whiteness. Too sloppy, too trailerpark.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just saw Death From Above 1979 last night. Great show.

One night in Vegas I was talking to Jesse backstage while Diplo was playing. I told him he is a legend, and his gf or s/o or p/o (whatever), was like "pfft... whatever." He seemed genuinely amused by her reaction, but it diffused any attempt to evade a compliment he would have had.

And I mean, if you know what Jesse looks like, you can imagine that he'd probably be hanging out with Kiel.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Last band I saw was Hall & Oates, great concert. Glad I finally got to see them.

fake

15 Year Member
Sounds like a cool show but I hate concerts for white people musics. Went to Incubus and was turned off by the crowd whiteness. Too sloppy, too trailerpark.

I mean pick a non funk nu rock band next time and it will probably be a better experience.

On Wednesday I saw The Cancer Conspiracy, Old Man Gloom, Converge, and Cave In. Last night I saw Lemuria and Ted Leo. In July I’m seeing The Get Up Kids and the Glassjaw/Quicksand coheadline show twice - once in Boston and once in Brooklyn.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

LOL, that about sums it up... To be fair though, we were stood next to groups of flag-flying Puerto Ricans and Mexicans and also saw a handful of black metalheads. If anything, metal is more popular in Central/South America and Japan than it is here, so I'm not sure "white people music" is entirely accurate.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
My wife and I saw Afghan Whigs a few months ago and Death From Above 1979 a few months before. Both were badass... Although, I think Afghan Whigs were better the first time I saw them about five+ years ago. Thinking about probably getting nine inch nails tickets for this fall.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Favorite H&O song?

Do what You Want to Do for the soulful stuff but for poppy, Your Imagination is definitely a fave as well. But as a kid I loved all their poppy songs from the 80s. Even recently discovered some Hall solo gems like "Someone Like You" that I heard on Live from Daryls House and they played it with Joe Walsh. That was the first time I heard that song.

Also if you never heard Perkiomen from their college days, definitely sounds like an early Hall and Oates.

fake

15 Year Member
LOL, that about sums it up... To be fair though, we were stood next to groups of flag-flying Puerto Ricans and Mexicans and also saw a handful of black metalheads. If anything, metal is more popular in Central/South America and Japan than it is here, so I'm not sure "white people music" is entirely accurate.

It’s the universal language.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Do what You Want to Do for the soulful stuff but for poppy, Your Imagination is definitely a fave as well. But as a kid I loved all their poppy songs from the 80s. Even recently discovered some Hall solo gems like "Someone Like You" that I heard on Live from Daryls House and they played it with Joe Walsh. That was the first time I heard that song.

Also if you never heard Perkiomen from their college days, definitely sounds like an early Hall and Oates.

I would have to go with Maneater, which is a kind of weird and sorry song to pick, because greatest hits and all, but when it goes on the radio, I automatically have to sing along, and I get a better rush from it than say, private eyes, or I can't go for that.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

Weird term, "white people music"..........just saying. What do you mean by that anyway? I don't get the problem?

You live in Florida, it depends on the state and style. I'm not sure most people know, but brutal death metal from America has A LOT of latino's and other non-whites in the scene. I'm not sure if people are aware of that.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Went to a festival this weekend.

Pearl Jam doing a 2 1/2 hour set.
Eddie's still got it.

Foo Fighters tearing it up for almost three hours.
Grohl is a maniac and I love his positivism.

Looking forward to next Thursday; Guns N' Roses!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

I'm hoping they make their way to Australia. I've seen Slayer a few times and hope to see the kings of thrash for the last time. That's some great supports too!

I saw Sabbat from Japan a few weeks ago, they were a lot of fun!

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Saw Buckethead about a week ago, was a killer show. Guy is crazy talented on the guitar.
I wish Buckethead would play here! Dying to see him live.

Last bigger show was MGMT in May, and I have tickets for Future Islands in September. Pretty slow year for shows...

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
And I mean, if you know what Jesse looks like, you can imagine that he'd probably be hanging out with Kiel.

This is probably the best thing anyone has ever said about me. I'll take this compliment.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I saw Minnesota's own Bad Bad Hats again last week at this local spot called Milk Boy. Highly recommended band with a new album coming out in August.

fake

15 Year Member
Saw the Get Up Kids, including sound check, a few weeks ago.

Saw Glassjaw and Quicksand last night and my ears are ringing worse than usual. Seeing them again Friday in NYC.