arcade question

ThGame

Geese's Thug
ad_1429154721670.jpg

Hey all are either of these jamma or able to play anything else other than the dedicated games??

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Both those boards are JAMMA boards but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll play anything JAMMA. I had a JAMMA Tetris cab that would only play Tetris - no other boards I tried would do anything. Same with my NBA Jam cab - only way to know for sure is to test it out. Both of those are 20-ish year old cabs and likely can't play anything more powerful with higher refresh rates (Atomiswave, NAOMI, F3, etc...).

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Well the guy is asking for $30 for the pair so the price is right. Space is a non issue but i might have to do some fixing

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Well the guy is asking for $30 for the pair so the price is right. Space is a non issue but i might have to do some fixing

The price is right even though both cabs looked like they've been dragged through the proverbial mud. Lots of luck with them ;)

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Are you planning to restore these? The SF2 one is a Nintendo cab & the Dodgeball appears to be a Taito cab. I think you're better off restoring these to its original form & then sell them to buy yourself a jamma cab.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The SF2 one is a Nintendo cab & the Dodgeball appears to be a Taito cab.
Good eye and correct on both cabinet origins. A shame someone was cruel to put the SF in a Nintendo but when every game room and corner store needed to have one, many vendors didn't care what the game looked like...as long as it made money that's all that counted.

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Are there many cabinets available in HI? Considering the size and distance from the mainland I would think not but then factoring in the Japanese influence...maybe there is some arcading going on?

I know KLOV had a thread about a big warehouse stock in HI not that long ago. I forget the specifics. Found it http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=206541&highlight=Hawaii

there must be, because the owner of paradise arcade shop has a living room FULL of them.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Sadly i never ended up getting these they got purchased because the add was taken down. I tried to offer a decent amount more but i couldnt even get a response out of him

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Are there many cabinets available in HI? Considering the size and distance from the mainland I would think not but then factoring in the Japanese influence...maybe there is some arcading going on?

I know KLOV had a thread about a big warehouse stock in HI not that long ago. I forget the specifics. Found it http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=206541&highlight=Hawaii

there must be, because the owner of paradise arcade shop has a living room FULL of them.

I'm not sure if it was a warehouse but I remember there being an auction that I didn't know about and he cleaned house at the auction.

Most of the cabs I want like a Blast City, Hyper64, NAC are usually from $900-1300 shipped. Plus I don't have the room for them, if I can get a candy for $300 or less, I'll make room.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I'm not sure if it was a warehouse but I remember there being an auction that I didn't know about and he cleaned house at the auction.

Most of the cabs I want like a Blast City, Hyper64, NAC are usually from $900-1300 shipped. Plus I don't have the room for them, if I can get a candy for $300 or less, I'll make room.

My bud from HI, said there was some really really cheap candy cabs. Like $175 or less...Paradise guy (Brian) bought most of them & couple showcase cabs too.