Most up to date price guide

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So like alot of you I've noticed the price guide on here is completely out of date and useless. Guides on other sites aren't much better. I have a few AES games I'm tempted to sell but I want to sell them for a fair price. Ebay BIN prices aren't much help, they are 20-50% inflated. Specifically the games im looking for a price of are Soccer Brawl US CIB, 2020 Baseball US CIB, and Ghost Pilots US CIB. Any help would be appreciated !

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
So like alot of you I've noticed the price guide on here is completely out of date and useless. Guides on other sites aren't much better. I have a few AES games I'm tempted to sell but I want to sell them for a fair price. Ebay BIN prices aren't much help, they are 20-50% inflated. Specifically the games im looking for a price of are Soccer Brawl US CIB, 2020 Baseball US CIB, and Ghost Pilots US CIB. Any help would be appreciated !

I think the most up-to-date list for AES is the NeoGeoKult one

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Not really. I would even say that the rare stuff is seriously underpriced based on my experience.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The one on the NeoGeoKult, seems to be the most accurate and up to date of all the price guides i've seen. Even though some of the prices seem to be under priced in comparison to what the games are being listed on ebay. But those numbers seemed to be heavily skewed for some reason.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
if you PM FTL he will gladly give you his price guide

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
I would say the kult price guide was pretty accurate to be honest. As mentioned above it even undervalues some titles.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The kult price guide is geared more towards the euro market, which has always been more expensive than the US and JP markets.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You know, people always say that the NG.com guides are out of date / useless. I just went through my JPN AES games (see list below), all purchased within the last couple of years. Only one game did I pay more than the upper limit, and quite a few were purchased below the lower limit. Granted, US AES has gone nuts, but in many cases the guide is still pretty accurate for JPN games, even in 2015.

Art of Fighting 25 50 C
Art of Fighting 2 25 45 C
Fatal Fury 2 20 40 EC
Fatal Fury Special 20 45 EC
Fatal Fury 3 60 95 C
Fighter History Dynamite 30 65 C
Kabuki Klash 150 190 U
King of Fighters 94 50 80 U
King of Fighters 95 60 85 C
King of Fighters 96 80 110 C
King of Fighters 97 ß90 120 C
King of Fighters 98 ß100 140 C
King of Fighters 99 ß100 150 U
King of Fighters 2001 ß125 145 U
Last Blade 120 160 U
Mark of the Wolves 350 425 U
Real Bout Fatal Fury 80 120 C
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special 100 150 U
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 130 175 U
Samurai Spirit 20 45 C
Samurai Spirit 2 20 40 EC
Samurai Spirit 3 65 100 C
Samurai Spirit 4 ß220 280 R
Samurai Spirits Zero 325 350 U
World Heroes 20 40 EC
World Heroes 2 20 40 EC
World Heroes 2 Jet 25 50 C
World Heroes Perfect 160 220 R

Honestly, if you pay much more (eg. 200%+) than the NG.com guides, you need your fucking head examined. Stop being part of the problem.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I'd say everything Nick posted above from the "old" guide is spot on w/exception of Garou and SSV. Everything else is pretty close to what i've acquired those games at.

I created my own price guide on a different site a few years ago so i'd have a reference for when carts came to market. I used documented forum sales (ie, where sellers leave sold prices up), and ebay completed auctions (not buy now's as those grossly inflate everything). I haven't updated in a couple months again, but most of them hold true.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I for one cannot believe the outrageous prices AES Metal Slug carts go for.
Mind blowing. Seriously.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I for one cannot believe the outrageous prices AES Metal Slug carts go for.
Mind blowing. Seriously.

If I had disposable income, I'd buy them for the prices they fetch, well not all the Slugs, just 1, 2, X and 3.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
If I had disposable income, I'd buy them for the prices they fetch, well not all the Slugs, just 1, 2, X and 3.

I would as well. Without hesitation. Doesn't make it right though. No doubt I'll land a NEO CD Metal Slug eventually, which rocks. I'll always want to be able to put an AES Slug cart in my AES and fucking play it. Think there's any likelihood I'd find an AES Slug cart for under $300? Ever? Like at Gamestop ;) ?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I would as well. Without hesitation. Doesn't make it right though. No doubt I'll land a NEO CD Metal Slug eventually, which rocks. I'll always want to be able to put an AES Slug cart in my AES and fucking play it. Think there's any likelihood I'd find an AES Slug cart for under $300? Ever? Like at Gamestop ;) ?

The only AES slugs that cheap are conversions. The ones made with MVS ROMs aren't any less functional than the originals. It's something to consider. Keep in mind that the only people who really hate conversions are people trying to buy the originals or people who want to protect their investments. Watch out for EPROM bootlegs though, they're just not worth it.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Keep in mind that the only people who really hate conversions are people trying to buy the originals or people who want to protect their investments.
What about those who say: "Don't sacrifice an MVS cart you dumb fuck, buy a damn converter."? I think that's legit.

Last edited:

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I do definitely want a converter. I think I remember there being 3 to choose from but it's been a while since I've looked into them. Definitely a sound investment though. I'll have to begin my searching.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

I wonder how many conversions will get through Gamestop's "screening" if it even has any. You'll give me $500 credit for my "Metal Slug conversion, I mean cart?".

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I wonder how many conversions will get through Gamestop's "screening" if it even has any. You'll give me $500 credit for my "Metal Slug conversion, I mean cart?".

Holy fuck that would be awesome. I'd love to get over on those fuckers. I've spent a lot of money there and I despise their tactics and support any and all was to fuck them over.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Holy fuck that would be awesome. I'd love to get over on those fuckers. I've spent a lot of money there and I despise their tactics and support any and all was to fuck them over.
You despise them so you continue to shop there. You understand this makes YOU the problem. So your solution to your perceived problem is to sell them bootlegs? That doesn't screw them over - it would screw over the person buying it from them.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
You despise them so you continue to shop there. You understand this makes YOU the problem. So your solution to your perceived problem is to sell them bootlegs? That doesn't screw them over - it would screw over the person buying it from them.

I have spent a lot of money there and I don't shop there anymore.
And you do have a point that it would screw over the poor bastard buying the cart.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

Good man; impeccable taste.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

I do not think that would "fuck them over". They would probably buy the fake cart for $500, but I'm sure they will sell it later for more than $1000, so in the end they win and the only one fucked over is the final buyer who went to GS thinking they only sell original stuff.

Regards.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Honestly, if you pay much more (eg. 200%+) than the NG.com guides, you need your fucking head examined. Stop being part of the problem.
Yep.

Unfortunately there are a bunch of fucktards that name a random ( usually high ) price where they shouldn't even be allowed to voice their opinion and thus, gouging up prices of cheap stuff into craptastic values.

We need a batallion of EG's to get rid of those annoying flies.

Last edited:

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
And you do have a point that it would screw over the poor bastard buying the cart.

I do not think that would "fuck them over". They would probably buy the fake cart for $500, but I'm sure they will sell it later for more than $1000, so in the end they win and the only one fucked over is the final buyer who went to GS thinking they only sell original stuff.

Regards.

Agreed