Sega Game Gear Capacitor Replacement Kit

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
That kit has about $2 worth of caps in it. You can get 50 each of common use capacitors from Mouser for the same price.
If you want a premade kit, I'm pretty sure Console5 will destroy that price

leonk

Marked Wolf
I've done cap kits on about 11 game gear systems in the last 3 weeks. All using console5 kits. Awesome dude. Cap kit can fix almost everything except dead lcd screen drivers (ie your screen is divided into vertical thirds where 1 or 2 is not the same brightness as the third). For these cases stay tuned for brand new custom lcd replacement to come out in the summer. Full screen for GG and SMS games.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
For these cases stay tuned for brand new custom lcd replacement to come out in the summer. Full screen for GG and SMS games.

If this is something that will upgrade the screen so there's no blur I'm totally in.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
You've all been extremely fucking helpful, thanks for all the info.

& I'd shit if I could upgrade to a better quality screen.

My game gear is from my childhood so I want it to last as long as possible.

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
I've used both mortoff and console5's kits. They're essentially the same but mortoff uses Panasonic caps and c5 uses Nichicons. After shipping, they're about the same price as digikey or mouser, if you're only doing one.

Recapping goes a long way to improve the video quality, but I'd kill for an lcd screen to install in it like my nomad's. The sound is also much clearer and louder after recapping.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
There's another project I need to get to... Upgrading my Nomad screen and installing a rechargeable battery.

gtdoering

New Challenger
Keep us posted! I'm very interested in a replacement screen for the GG.

I've done cap kits on about 11 game gear systems in the last 3 weeks. All using console5 kits. Awesome dude. Cap kit can fix almost everything except dead lcd screen drivers (ie your screen is divided into vertical thirds where 1 or 2 is not the same brightness as the third). For these cases stay tuned for brand new custom lcd replacement to come out in the summer. Full screen for GG and SMS games.