MORTAL MONDAY!!!!!!

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I still haven't opened my copy and I am seriously debating if I should return it. The character DLC is stupid over priced and I could just wait 6 months and get the "Komplete" version for probably under $60. This DLC shit is fucking ridiculous.

Then wait. The DLC is all typical Big Company milking aka WB. Netherealm has no control over it.

I unlocked 3/4 of the crypt last night, the easy fatalities are in there as well. So a good amount of the Unlock junk DLC can be unlocked free via progressing through the game.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Then wait. The DLC is all typical Big Company milking aka WB. Netherealm has no control over it.

I unlocked 3/4 of the crypt last night, the easy fatalities are in there as well. So a good amount of the Unlock junk DLC can be unlocked free via progressing through the game.

Interesting. I decided not to wait for the complete edition because the game just looks too rad and I am impatient :)

Also, truth be told I don't really have a burning desire to play any of the current DLC characters. I think Goro is the most interesting, and I got him for free by pre-ordering.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
DLC is getting so out of hand that eventually, Sub Zero and Scorpion will cost $5 each.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
DLC is getting so out of hand that eventually, Sub Zero and Scorpion will cost $5 each.

Fighting game developers/publishers are already sniffing around it. Namco already tried the free-to-play thing (paying for characters piecemeal) with Tekken Revolution and Soul Calibur and DoA is now doing it with the F2P version of Last Round.

It's disgusting and I will also be waiting on MKX until the "Komplete" version arrives. Did the same thing with Injustice and MK9.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Interesting. I decided not to wait for the complete edition because the game just looks too rad and I am impatient :)

Also, truth be told I don't really have a burning desire to play any of the current DLC characters. I think Goro is the most interesting, and I got him for free by pre-ordering.

Well I stand corrected by myself. Easy fatalities have their own currency, which you unlock some in the krypt, so they are not unlimited and you need to earn them. WB seems greedy towards the lazy gamers lol.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Can we not just get a game where there is NO DLC anymore, and the game is done when I buy it? Jesus.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Can we not just get a game where there is NO DLC anymore, and the game is done when I buy it? Jesus.

At least they've started announcing it in advance. The best option is to wait for the inevitable re-release that includes all the content. Second-best is to just pirate the damn thing, and - oh look - all the DLC is there for free too.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
You can buy it all at the start, but no you can't stop this from happening anymore. It's not even the cash grab anymore (but don't get me wrong. They like that as long as we allow it). The game companies like the fact that games like Killer Instinct gets a bunch of attention every time they drop a dlc character. Extending your games relivancy is precious to them.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I refuse to use any sort of easy Fatality or buy all the Krypt unlockables. That's just how I roll.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
The way Killer Instinct handled DLC is a bit different than other games though...it's still annoying but not as much of a cash grab as some of these others.

Unless I'm mistaken, when you buy the digital bundle for $60 you get all of the characters. They are timed released, but at least you are not pay $x for extra fighters. The one caveat is Shadow Jago who I guess was only available to people who preordered the digital version (which is total bullshit).

I'm hoping he'll be available for a free download after season 2 wraps up but who knows...

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So I beat the story mode last night - pretty entertaining. I have to say I generally like the new characters...and given how many there are that's pretty impressive. Its a shame that there a bunch of characters from story mode are not in the arcade mode like Baraka and Rain. Does anyone know if they are unlockable? The only guy I got for beating it was Shinnok.

I'm guessing these other characters won't be unlockable and will probably just be added as future DLC.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
So I beat the story mode last night - pretty entertaining. I have to say I generally like the new characters...and given how many there are that's pretty impressive. Its a shame that there a bunch of characters from story mode are not in the arcade mode like Baraka and Rain. Does anyone know if they are unlockable? The only guy I got for beating it was Shinnok.

I'm guessing these other characters won't be unlockable and will probably just be added as future DLC.

The story mode unplayables were given copied MK9 movesets as the Dev Team wanted them to have relevance in the story. To even become playable they would have to make new sets, x-rays, 3 styles, 2 fatals, 5 brutals.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
The story mode unplayables were given copied MK9 movesets as the Dev Team wanted them to have relevance in the story. To even become playable they would have to make new sets, x-rays, 3 styles, 2 fatals, 5 brutals.

Ah well I guess that clears that up! :)

At any rate, I'm still satisfied as there are a bunch of new likeable characters to test out. Even if more characters are added as DLC later on, I still feel there is a lot of content here and got my money's worth.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
So now That I've been introduced to Stage Brutalitys This game is freakin' amazeballs. Like Gohan said I really wish there was at least one Pit though.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
mk1-lui-kang-pit-fatality-o.gif

37810_o.gif

I couldn't find one for 3, so here's Mileena's ass.

tumblr_movyu0cXy61sx4jfio1_500.gif