What's the best way to watch the original Star Wars trilogy?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
First is the best, of course. I can watch that movie over and over again, for the rest of my life and not get tired of it. What can be said about Reeves that hasn't been said? He was awesome, so was Hackman, he did his part.

I think the SII DC really brought it together over the original release. In truth all the other superman movies were pretty bad. 3 wasn't great, 4 was a mess, returns is so out of touch and the new ones are I dunno, dude is no superman. Back to SII, I didn't care for the characters much, I felt they were forced as hell, in comics I never read about other kriptonians, these movies were bringing new elements into the Superman world I grew up with which consisted of the Black and White George Reeve, the comics that drew supes with an American bald eagle and the same all same super friends everyone knew about. So yeah the second movie felt like they were retracing superman into something different, like he needed powerful villains like himself to sell the movie, it was never like that until that point...prolly 'cause watching supes fly was a big deal back then, they wanted to exploit that feature by adding more fliers to the movie? I dunno, Hollywood usually sucks hard and it's out of touch with source material.

There's the possibility that all there characters were actually created and used in comics before or during my time, but as a kid I never heard of them until the movie.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
superman-throws-his-s-o.gif

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, that is pretty bad, good thing that never stuck around...har har

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
First is the best, of course. I can watch that movie over and over again, for the rest of my life and not get tired of it. What can be said about Reeves that hasn't been said? He was awesome, so was Hackman, he did his part.

I think the SII DC really brought it together over the original release. In truth all the other superman movies were pretty bad. 3 wasn't great, 4 was a mess, returns is so out of touch and the new ones are I dunno, dude is no superman. Back to SII, I didn't care for the characters much, I felt they were forced as hell, in comics I never read about other kriptonians, these movies were bringing new elements into the Superman world I grew up with which consisted of the Black and White George Reeve, the comics that drew supes with an American bald eagle and the same all same super friends everyone knew about. So yeah the second movie felt like they were retracing superman into something different, like he needed powerful villains like himself to sell the movie, it was never like that until that point...prolly 'cause watching supes fly was a big deal back then, they wanted to exploit that feature by adding more fliers to the movie? I dunno, Hollywood usually sucks hard and it's out of touch with source material.

There's the possibility that all there characters were actually created and used in comics before or during my time, but as a kid I never heard of them until the movie.

Zod was debuted in the 60's.

Still my favorite Superman:

tumblr_mzgqa6GbLZ1qzhnmco1_250.gif

I want to hang out with this dude.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
He was introduce in the 60's in what medium? I never heard of him until the Movie, but then again I wasn't following superman closely at that point, I was just a kid, watching what was on TV and reading whatever pops brought from the news stand.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
He was introduce in the 60's in what medium? I never heard of him until the Movie, but then again I wasn't following superman closely at that point, I was just a kid, watching what was on TV and reading whatever pops brought from the news stand.

He made his debut in Adventure Comics #283, April 1961.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I definitely missed that. The publications that ran in my country were a bit odd. We used to get "Batman Presents: Flash" that's how wacky the comic book publishing was down there. The thing is I got to read a lot of trade paperback small books, one had the origin of the Fantastic 4 and the Namor Saga. Most of the stories published were either origins or the more traditional stuff that met the seal of approval, kinda like the comics had a seal of approval here for a while, a load of horse shit I know, that's just how it was. I didn't get to read the first encounter between superman and Darksied until my late teens.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That looks a bit too new, the TPB I had was a smally and it had this part in it. The cover was white and it had The Thing going at Dr. Doom while Reed was holding the Thing back, meanwhile Susan was startled so she started disappearing and johnny was laughing while flying, typical Saturday afternoon for the fantastic 4, lol.

79cf10ca1ad4a5acef7aef1b846d613c.jpg

Edit: All translated in Spanish.

Last edited: