Daredevil

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I watched the first episode and thought the acting, writing, and design were absolutely terrible. I'm surprised it's going over so well. I haven't seen any shows by Marvel or DC that weren't this same kind of garbage. They're all unwatchable in comparison to the great shows and series that are happening elsewhere.

I would disagree. The choreography was complete shit in the first episode. It looked like a really low rate b-action film. The jumping over shipping containers looked like a retarded stage-play version of Nolan's action sequences.

And the acting... That scene in the confessional especially stuck in my mind as being cringe-worthy. God awful.

Am I the only one who hated everything about it?

It gets worse. Wait until Foggy tries to really act at the end of the season. To be fair, it's not the actor's fault. The writing is terrible. The actors have no choice.

And on top if that's, the final product is the director's vision.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Watched 5 episodes last night and generally liked it. But fighting...I don't like some of the fighting things like he seems to have it as easy/hard when opponent grabs weapon in the middle of fight. And they should have let stuntman do the heavy bag scene. Charlie Cox's bag work was terrible.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It gets worse. Wait until Foggy tries to really act at the end of the season. To be fair, it's not the actor's fault. The writing is terrible. The actors have no choice.

And on top if that's, the final product is the director's vision.
He's grating on me like crazy, and I've watched all of two episodes. I also don't really care for the secretary, she makes me think that the producers wanted Yvonne Strahovski and took the next closest thing.

Liked the pilot for the most part, then episode 2 almost put me to sleep. Not feeling the guy that plays Matt Murdock, and Rosario Dawson seems wasted.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Thoroughly enjoyed the show. D'Onofrio's Kingpin voice was a little too close to his bug voice from Men in Black and his temper tantrums were a little on the nose (yes, he's emotionally stunted from childhood trauma... I get it) but I thought it was generally well-acted, well-written and struck the right balance between being respectful of the character and not being campy and embarrassing. It'll be nice to see these characters crossover in to other Marvel Netflix shows or potentially even the movies.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Having gotten further into the season, I'm liking it more now. Main reason, I think, is Kingpin. He's a far more interesting character than anyone else on the show. That also may speak to a bit of underdevelopment on Matt Murdock, but D'Onofrio owns every scene he's in and just seems to have more dimension than MM.

Sort of like The Walking Dead with Shane and Rick.

Steveotron

n00b
I binged it when it came out, having not realised it was even coming out. Really enjoyed it, I thought the casting and acting were really good. Foggy was the only one that didn't sit well with me, and I think Its just that I don't like the actor. Kingpin was brilliantly cast I thought, as was DD/MM.

The series opening fight scene was definitely a poor mans Batman Begins, but I really enjoyed the single shot scene at the end of Ep 2. There is some good stuff in there.

As first seasons go, I think DD is leaps and bounds above Arrow, that first season was really badly acted and then you add in John Barrowman, one of the greatest over actors of all time. Utter shit in my opinion.

Looking forward to the Iron Fist one next year.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Jon Bernthal is cast as The Punisher for DD season 2.

That sounds awesome.

Jason Statham was rumored to be playing Bullseye, then shot the rumors down.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I thought the show was outstanding, although i have to say i preferred his pre darevil outfit. I wasnt a fan of his Daredevil mask. His first costume makes me think of Kenshi from Mortal Kombat.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I thought the show was outstanding, although i have to say i preferred his pre darevil outfit. I wasnt a fan of his Daredevil mask. His first costume makes me think of Kenshi from Mortal Kombat.

This.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Holy shit, three episodes in and I can't stop watching!

As a life long Punisher fan I'd say they're off to a great start handling the character.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I've watched the first four episodes and so far I'm enjoying it as much as the first season. In some ways, even moreso.

They've managed to duplicate the trick they pulled off in the first season with the inclusion of the Punisher this time around.

In the first season, Wilson Fisk was just as fascinating as Matt Murdock and the storyline was a contrast in their ideals, which made their conflict more personal and nuanced.

With the Punisher, they've found a way to contrast another one of Matt Murdock's values with Frank Castle's philosophy.

I also love the tribute to the Sons of Anarchy with the Dogs of Hell biker gang. And also when Karen Page tells the DA's assistant how Reyes fucked up the 'Teller case'. Just a verbal Easter egg, but the Daredevil showrunners are clearly Kurt Sutter fans.