All the names of the Metal Slug POWs?

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Has anyone found all the POWs in all the Metal Slug games? Even the hidden ones? I checked some older threads and even the Metal Slug wikis. I'm curious to know what all of their names are too...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like it how Metal Slug Advance keeps a record of everyone you've found. That game had potential, could have turned into a pretty decent series.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I like it how Metal Slug Advance keeps a record of everyone you've found. That game had potential, could have turned into a pretty decent series.

Never actually played MSA, but that is actually a pretty cool little feature. That's exactly the kind of stuff they need to add to these Steam/modern console ports that they keep putting out. Start actually giving people an actual reason to get them beyond being just a straight port.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I know MSXX on the Xbox360 also keeps track of all the POW you have rescued, however for the NeoGeo games their names seem to be random.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Has anyone found all the POWs in all the Metal Slug games? Even the hidden ones? I checked some older threads and even the Metal Slug wikis. I'm curious to know what all of their names are too...
I think the names of the POW's are the programmers' names.
Metal Slug had a charm and character to it that most games have never had. People will still be playing it in 50 years time.

Last edited:
If I'm showing someone my Neo games for the first time, I always include a Metal Slug on the rotation.

I fell in love with the series so much with my AES that I started purchasing the ports when they popped up. Great stuff!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member

If you examine the rom file in a hex editor, you can see what all the names are. They are stored as plain text.