Too Many Games, June 26-28, Oaks, PA

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
VT got the rest of my stuff, w/ Gus taking the jewel of the crown-my Sony medical-marvel.

Good seeing old friends, and making new ones! (gusmoney, is an ace).

Here are a couple o' flicks:
69a2260fb10ba0270167cda0177c629c.jpg

My daughter trying to wallop Jon, w/ Janet's shoe...

4cc7b14698621ca96a012be9a3b6d13e.jpg

My kiddos on the sigma.

Stephan got a posse shot, and I have a few more...but I'm holding off on the face shots, for those that are in the kernow protection program.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Cdamm's Blast City (playing one of my favs) in the arcade:

thank ren for selling me that. I was on the hunt for one for a hot minute there. I was happy to bring it along for everyone to play.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Finally got my Dreamcast USB working. The first one I got at the convention had something wrong with it. Now that I got a replacement, I'm really impressed. As long as the files are in the correct format, it's works really well. It loads quickly and works with whatever I throw at it. I don't want to go back to switching discs now.

Now I just gotta get rid of the noisy fan. :) (I've researched it a bit, so I am aware the fan needs to be spinning or the system won't work. Or trick the system.)

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
How much of a hassle was it to get a replacement from SAG? It sounds like they are selling out of them very quickly.

From the videos I have seen, it seems like there is a little more to getting the USB-GDROM working as opposed to the GDEmu (folks adding extra fans, etc.)

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
How much of a hassle was it to get a replacement from SAG? It sounds like they are selling out of them very quickly.

From the videos I have seen, it seems like there is a little more to getting the USB-GDROM working as opposed to the GDEmu (folks adding extra fans, etc.)

I went back and fourth troubleshooting with them for a few days. I tried multiple dreamcasts, flash drives, formatting programs, file pathways. Once they were out of ideas they emailed me a shipping label. They were surprised because they said that they check them all to make sure they work before they sell them. Anyway, got another in the mail pretty quickly and it works like a charm.

Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Definitely.

I don't know much about the gdemu, but this thing works great. Fast loading (same as a real game), works with every game. Works with cdi, gdi, and isos. I'm really impressed. And it's easy to work with.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I think the real question is: Do they even make a flash drive big enough to fit every DC ROM on?

Jon

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I think the real question is: Do they even make a flash drive big enough to fit every DC ROM on?

Jon

Well, Kingston makes a 1TB flash drive. The usb dreamcast can handle up to a 2TB drive. Also, keep in mind that you can use a flash drive, but you can also use external hard drives.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I think Jon was pointing out an inherent shortcoming of the GDEmu as it can only use SD cards.

I would assume one would use an SSD with the USB-GDROM.