NG: DEV SCOREBOARD

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Also, with regards to allowing old scores...I did think about that. If there was a set time frame for this, as with the SOTM, obviously I would take issue with having old scores included. This is a bit different I feel. It's more of an extension of what NG: DEV was doing with their ranking site. You play the game and a password is associated with your score. Whether you enter it now or two years from now, that's your score and your achievement with no expiry date. I had in mind that this works in a similar way. If you did it, it's yours and worthy of inclusion.

I don't know. I'm certainly open to suggestions. If the majority object to old scores I have no problem with that.

pipes

Fast Striker

Original

pipes - 1,124,374,840 - Stage 4 - Neo

Spoiler:

Maniac

pipes - 1,565,315,500 - Stage 3 - Neo

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Razion - Normal

Man, all my Razion fun times on Novice mode sure aren't paying off now that I'm attempting Normal mode to post a score up. :p

Totally need more practice... But it's a start!

Razion, Normal Mode

Reclaimer - 13,851,780 - Stage 1 - Neo
Spoiler:
JGcblfhl.jpg

Edit - putting pic in spoiler tags to help keep thread clean

Last edited:

pipes

Man, all my Razion fun times on Novice mode sure aren't paying off now that I'm attempting Normal mode to post a score up. :p

I don't remember my score after stage 1 but yours seems pretty high especially considering you didn't clear the level. I'd say you're definitely doing something right there.

The game takes a bit of getting used to especially if your accustomed to the pace of Cave games. If there is one thing I would change in Razion it would be the speed of the ship. I find it too sluggish for my liking. I get caught quite a bit thinking I have time to maneuver but the bloody thing moves like a '92 Honda Civic.

Something closer to Fast Striker would be better IMO with the slow down when you hold the shot button down as well. Still a fun game...that's my only gripe really.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm working hard, not gonna post a score until I feel it's respectable. Working on GL and XYX DC versions.

pipes

I'm working hard, not gonna post a score until I feel it's respectable. Working on GL and XYX DC versions.

I think anything is respectable at this point :) Hopefully the boards will start filling up soon.

I'd like to put some time in to GL this week as well......been a good while since I've played it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm shooting for #1, I wanna post a score and not have it beaten...that competitive nature that never let's go, like a raging storm...

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Well I guess I´ll include my score from the speedrun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2NPRdqWnb0&list=PLcULxLs0AjvT6wWhi1vHChpVV_Z3KeZVn

Full run, Original mode, in 1 part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2NPRdqWnb0

Full run, arcade mode (in 2 parts playlist due to recording/editing problem. no cheats though!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WpT-DTfj58&list=PLcULxLs0AjvST1q8malkUty5kj-JGb7xv&index=1

captured off screen due to lack of capturing hardware and skills. but it makes it easy to speak while playing too! :)

Scores both on arcade mode and regular mode. again, no cheats or assists or anything. lots of deaths but still barely 1cc and pretty fast!
Ah3ZCr.png

I never really played for high score though... I probably should!

Gunlord Original mode

Mendel - 0459730 - All - Neo Geo

Gunlord Arcade mode

Mendel A360380 - All - Neo Geo

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You see! This is why I haven't posted shit, I knew Mendel was gonna show up sooner or later and level up the game. God damn it Mendel!

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
keep in mind if you just finish the game at all then you are likely to score higher than me since I skipped pretty much 40% of scoring opportunities to finish fast ;)

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I have a 73 hour nightshift week so I cant play it very soon. You will have at least a week to beat my score before I make a better one ;)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

Razion, Normal Mode

Reclaimer - 13,851,780 - Stage 1 - Neo

Razion is a game where you can finish it on Novice and even then suck at playing it on Normal or Maniac. It's like three different games, because the enemies change behavior between difficulty levels (some shoot faster, move faster, throw shit when exploding, etc.)

Regards,

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have a 73 hour nightshift week so I cant play it very soon. You will have at least a week to beat my score before I make a better one ;)

Rolling up my sleeves with determination.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Razion, normal

Still haven't beat the number one spot, but I'm getting closer!

Reclaimer - 17,274,310 - Stage 2 - Neo

Spoiler:
874p9axl.jpg

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
That said, I do kind of agree I should show you guys I can still play it and not just post old scores.

I really do aim to revisit this before the end of the month with a fresh score!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I intended to play Gunlord tonight...then saw Mendels score and figured i'd stick to LHPB for now. Modest improvement:

mjmjr25 - 257,108 - Stage 1-2 - NEO
Spoiler:
xie0AZ1.jpg

This is on NORMAL (i'm not sure how to access anything other than normal?)

pipes

Good to see you here Mendel! I knew you'd show up eventually.

Rolling up my sleeves with determination.

I've seen those speed runs...you have your work cut out for you EG. I can't even imagine the score possible without trying to 1cc in under 20 mins.

This is on NORMAL (i'm not sure how to access anything other than normal?)

That's my mistake. I don't own the game and never played it so I YouTube'd it you see the difficulty options and I could have sworn there was a normal and hard. I'll just take that out then. I guess Last Hope is the same (no difficulty options)?

Edit:
I did find a youtube vid showing several different difficulty settings for LH: PB which include Normal, Hard and Devil. I don't know if that's just a Dreamcast thing or what. I emailed Timm to be sure.

Last edited:

pipes

Fast Striker - Omake

pipes - 499,016,170 - Stage 2 - Neo

Spoiler:

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Well, if there's a way to access other modes...it is definitely not easy to find. I've tried all the normal tricks and there is nothing in the manual to suggest multiple difficulties :/ lmk what you hear from Timm.

At any rate - i'm digging the game and finally getting a grasp on scoring. I made stage 3 with 200K yesterday and now today I hit over a mil on stage 1. Playing for score really changes the experience in this one - makes it a completely different game and much more difficult.

Improvement:
LHPB Normal
mjmjr25 - 1,764,698 - Stage 1-2 - NEO
Spoiler:
tb8nQsB.jpg

pipes

Well, if there's a way to access other modes...it is definitely not easy to find. I've tried all the normal tricks and there is nothing in the manual to suggest multiple difficulties :/ lmk what you hear from Timm.

At any rate - i'm digging the game and finally getting a grasp on scoring. I made stage 3 with 200K yesterday and now today I hit over a mil on stage 1. Playing for score really changes the experience in this one - makes it a completely different game and much more difficult.

That's a pretty decent improvement there MJ! Makes me wish I had a copy of this game now...you need some competition :)

As for the difficulty settings, this is the reply I got from Timm:

LHPB has no consumer option to switch the difficulty. In the MVS version it's possible to do it in the DIP settings, but LHPB has only 1 game mode.

LH classic is a different story. Each version is different AES, DC, NGCD.

I assume you're on an MVS....try the dip switches and see what happens.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I'm AES, actually...so just the normal it appears.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I intended to play Gunlord tonight...then saw Mendels score and figured i'd stick to LHPB for now.

Come on, you can do it. Would be nice to have at least someone else scoring before I go hunt for high score. Can´t believe I would be the only one who really cares about the game.

pipes

Come on, you can do it. Would be nice to have at least someone else scoring before I go hunt for high score. Can´t believe I would be the only one who really cares about the game.

Shoot, I'll do it if no one else is brave enough to attempt it ;)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh I care, I care so much that I'm not gonna post a score until I know it's gonna be a winner, I'm going to cast a vast overwhelming shadow of Gunlordering upon you peoples...Shoot or die!