Wii U keeps turning on after I turn it off

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I opened the gamepad up, took out the section that works for home power and tv remote. Cleaned the buttons. Put it together. It's still happening. I have no clue what it is causing it. It's not a faulty tv remote issue either, I took the batteries out of that to test, and it's still happening.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
1) disable all auto-update and other automatic network features and check to see if it happens, then
2) turn off the wifi connection on your wii u and check to see if it, then
3) "unsync" all your controllers or remove their batteries and check to see if it happens, then
4) disconnect the hdmi cable and see if it happens, then
5) if you feel okay with restoring it to factory settings, do so. you can copy your game save data and games to a USB flash stick or external, you can log back in with your NNID afterwards, then check
6) call nintendo

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I aint calling nintendo, they can kiss my ass with their fee's. I opened it again and one of those ribbon cable sockets took a shit, so now I'll just buy a new power circuit for that section. They sell for 5$ shipped on ebay. I just hate how frustrating issues with this fucking gamepad have been. This is not the first time this has happened. For all I know it could be some neighbors shit or other things. I could unplug the entire console and this would happen, so those choices won't benefit me. Thanks for trying though.

Last edited: