Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long time lurkers collection

Neo Bubble Buster

Long time lurkers collection

So I've been a total market scab. I'm bad about posting on forums, however pretty active on Facebook pages.

Unlike most market scabs I never flipped anything, I just hoarded it for my grubby little collection.

Emulation got me into Neo*Geo and has been decimating my wallet ever since.

I've actually just recently gotten into AES collection, my NeoGeo bread and butter has always been MVS. Though AES has an allure that it's hard to stay away from.

MVS, how I love thee.

You can't have SNK stuff with out Metal Slug, the first will always be my favorite. However X & 3 are fantastic.

Well traveled copy of Sonic Wings 2, Japanese game, did time in an Chinese arcade, sent to Canada and finally ended up with me in the United States.

Japanese AES, high serial. However the Neobitz board and rgb clean up negate any shortcomings from the factory.

I've been ill for a while, so when I have trouble sleeping I do random mods. My aes stick got the led treatment. My other addiction pictured as well.

I've found that NeoGeo fans love the TurboGrafx16/PcEngine but Turbo/PcEngine don't always love NeoGeo.

Neo Bubble Buster

The all mighty GunHed (or Blazing Lazers) and a few NeoGeo cd games.

The meh collection of my TurboGrafx,

The better of TurboGrafx

Sieger's Squire

definitely not bad of an aes and mvs collection. i see you're also a fan of the turbo/pc engine. i'm also pretty big into nec stuff as well. such an amazing system.

also digging the modded aes and stick. very nice stuff overall

NEST Puppet

Nice collection. I like the Arcade Pro card in there. I got one just to play my burned copy of Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire.

Neo Bubble Buster

I have more i'll post later. I've been cleaning and trying to organize I realized I have a ton of stuff.

I just got the duor, it's componet modded I have a briefcase setup with svideo. My TurboGrafx has svideo as well. It was going to get rgb but I decided against the Us cd attachment. Way too spendy.

Mature's Make-Up Artist

Nice collection. I, too, love the Neo and PC Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by LOV2XLR8 94Z28 View Post
    I just got the duor, it's componet modded I have a briefcase setup with svideo. My TurboGrafx has svideo as well. It was going to get rgb but I decided against the Us cd attachment. Way too spendy.
    A modded Duo-R seems to be the way to go. I just picked one up myself.
    Wanted MVS carts:

Alpha Mission 2, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Sengoku 2

Street Hoop Star

Nice collection.
    Gil Perales

NEST Puppet

I have more i'll post later. I've been cleaning and trying to organize I realized I have a ton of stuff.

Yeah, the US CD unit is spendy but it so ridiculous looking it is awesome. Either way, can't go wrong with Turbografx/PC Engine

Sieger's Squire

i would go with the japanese hardware for the pc engine/turbo cd games since they're usually cheaper. i also own a duo r stock but i love it!

Neo Bubble Buster

I still have hopes that I'll find a boxed Us Cd system to go with my boxed TurboGrafx, but probably not...
    PcEngine Duo or Duo R is the way to go, no system cards (other than arcade) all in one design it's the way to go. Though my briefcase holds a place in my heart.

Svideo modded PcEngine, Interface unit and CdRom. One of these days i'll get around to rgb out, but svideo looks really good.

System card city.

PcEngine DUO R! Component modded, looks beautiful. Also love the everdrive,

Looks stock, there are three extras pins for sweet sweet component.

Super Nintendo, Nintendo and Famicom.

Who?

I see you care about RGB output. And that's good thing.
    You have a good taste. You deserve high ratings on a gamer scale

Mature's Make-Up Artist

The boxed Nintendo collection is impressive, too. Tons of NES & SNES goodness on those two shelves.
    Wanted MVS carts:

Alpha Mission 2, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Sengoku 2

Neo Bubble Buster

Yes! Video quality, sound quality im a huge home theater nerd. Klipsch for all my setups, all my systems get modded for at least s-video at a minimum. Composite is for testing, everything that isn't natively HDMI get's plugged into this beauty.

XRGB Framemeister, with a euro spec to mini din plug. None of this Jap21 business.

Just added these to the collection today;

I should probably stop posting but kinda fun going through everything and showing it off. Sadly there is even more than this, the picture of my snes and nintendo stuff is a little under half.

Super Famicom and Japanese Saturn games, man the Saturn had an amazing Japanese line up.

Sieger's Squire

damn dude, you got an epic super fami collection! some great games in there!

Neo Bubble Buster

Thank you. I have a friend in Japan, i'd send him cash and he would shop around and pick up these games for dirt cheap. I wish I had him get NeoGeo stuff, now days prices in Japan are insane. Stores have realized that retro anything is a huge cash cow at the moment, and especially for Americans. I paid maybe $60 total for the RockMan X trilogy. I paid almost that much for RockMan 7 because I simply waited too long to get it. I actually got that copy of Rockman and Forte local, a game shop close to my house had a copy in maybe the early 2000's.

Sieger's Squire

nice, gotta love japanese connections! that's very true especially with neo games now a days! they are wayyy to expensive, especially in the tourist parts of japan.

60 bucks seems like a steal for those rockman games

Neo Bubble Buster

Sadly the glory days of cheap retro games are over. I thankfully bought MegaMan X and X2 when it came out, sadly missed the US releases of 7 and X3.

Gameroom,

Japanese Nintendo 64.
    Sin & Punishment for the win, the Eva game is interesting. I'm a big Evangelion fan so I am probably a little biased. Super Mario 64 and the release with rumble support.

Sieger's Squire

omg! those n64 games! i'm also a j64 collector. very nice collection!

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Nice collection, loving the AES console with stick.

Very impressive collection, Thanks for sharing

Neo Bubble Buster

Latest Aes pickups, got Samurai Shodown III for $70, not a bad considering it's over $100 plus the shipping from Japan.

It's Time Us Welsh
    Stood on our own 2 feet
    WEL_SHIT!
    PS. FOOK teh EU!

Just came across your thread, bit of a stellar collection there LOV2, i love all the consoles you got, but where's the genesis stuff lol, i bet you're next buy would be a marty...

Neo Bubble Buster

Thank you! It's what happens when you are a video game hoarder. I have some Genesis stuff hanging around, nothing too exciting. Vay and Shining Force CD are the biggest of the collection. I have a fully working model 1 SegaCD that I restored along with a non-tmss HD Graphics Genesis. As much as I love looks of the model 1 combo, the model 2 genesis and segacd get played the most.

Geese's Thug

Very nice collection! Love all those boxed snes games.

Street Hoop Star

Damn you've been picking up all kinds of goodies.

Very nice!
    Gil Perales

Thread Information