Metal Slug 2 slowdown reduction patch

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
nothing to apoligize for. you even sold a copy.

so those people who dont have the means to do it themselfs are fucking shit out of luck. you now have control of a game you didnt even create. either you did this to help the community or you did it for some other reason.

so many copies will be sold. no big deal. its out there. there willl be many because it was a issue that you help solve. now what will you do for those who cant do or didnt see the patch like i did and grabbed it because i knew you was going to go this route with that lame eula text file.

metal slug2 seems to be running about 75 bucks without shipping so 90 shipped.

so who are you hurting again with this move? the ones you claim to want this to be for that who.

What are you fucking smoking? Metal slug 2 is nowhere near 75 dollars on the market.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
trap15 and system11

im sorry for getting into this. it just makes no sense taking this down. it only ensures that the ones selling it will sell for more since so few will have access to the patch. you can not stop this you can only make sure its freely available and all over, so it keeps the selling carts prices down.

im sorry again

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
RETARD FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
ive already had a few ask me for the patch i wont send it for a while while you calm down and decide you was being unlevel headed

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
I'd like to see the hacked rom get a proper release one day. I think releasing it would actually hurt the market for people selling bootleg carts of it.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yeah I just pulled the patch down because of that person. Please all congratulate him by submitting spurious reports against his item.

Are we not allowed to sell Metal Slug 2 carts containing your speed hack? I've been planning on getting out of JAMMA hardware and staying with AES, that includes my MVS Slug 2 cart. I thought I'd do the next owner a favor by upgrading it with the speed hack. What if I were to pass on my Slug 2 Turbo cart here on neo-geo.com?

system11

Shmups Overlord, ,
Are we not allowed to sell Metal Slug 2 carts containing your speed hack? I've been planning on getting out of JAMMA hardware and staying with AES, that includes my MVS Slug 2 cart. I thought I'd do the next owner a favor by upgrading it with the speed hack. What if I were to pass on my Slug 2 Turbo cart here on neo-geo.com?

Intent was just to stop people actively making a profit from it. For example (and to answer Tonks question) it's some shitbag in France selling it with a starting bid higher than a normal cart is worth, linking to my site and to the youtube video like an advert.

I'm going to switch the site around again, put it back, go for name & shame at the top instead and include something covering my opinion of people who profit on freely given work. I'm probably going to snipe that cart on ebay and then refuse to pay, and explain why to ebay if they don't pull it. My account there is in excellent standing, happy to suck up a strike in return for being able to neg him.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
he is ensuring that people make a profit by taking this patch down.

looks like you will be shamed and named

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Intent was just to stop people actively making a profit from it. For example (and to answer Tonks question) it's some shitbag in France selling it with a starting bid higher than a normal cart is worth, linking to my site and to the youtube video like an advert.

I'm going to switch the site around again, put it back, go for name & shame at the top instead and include something covering my opinion of people who profit on freely given work. I'm probably going to snipe that cart on ebay and then refuse to pay, and explain why to ebay if they don't pull it. My account there is in excellent standing, happy to suck up a strike in return for being able to neg him.

That sounds pretty reasonable to me.

system11

Shmups Overlord, ,
It's back. And no HMG, if you're going to mod it and sell it for the cost of a normal one or a normal one and the cost of the eprom, I wouldn't care at all.

That ebay auction was way, way, way past any line of acceptable. It really burns when you try to be nice to people and they take advantage due to selfish greed. I found a forum where this hack was discussed and the 2nd or 3rd post was a 'joke' about how many some guy would sell to his customers. Later on in the thread someone comes out with 'one rule for some, one rule for others' because I sold my test cart for the price of a normal slug 2.

People are disgusting.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer

what ever floats your boat. spining wheels in mud. etc etc

too much effort for no gain.

thanks for the chat

TonK

Least Valuable Player

Sounds like you did the right thing. I don't see a problem with that.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
what ever floats your boat. spining wheels in mud. etc etc

too much effort for no gain.

thanks for the chat

He said it would be cool to sell a MS2 fixed cart for the cost of the eprom. There should be no profit for the guy patching. It wasn't intended to be a money making patch.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
cool still wont beable to enforce that thou. shit if i wanted to make profits on this i wouldn't have wanted it back up. rare sells higher

TonK

Least Valuable Player
cool still wont beable to enforce that thou. shit if i wanted to make profits on this i wouldn't have wanted it back up. rare sells higher

Still never got my ghostlop royalty checks from you, lol.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i made an offer you rejected that and it was no where near the crossword2 cost

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It's back. And no HMG, if you're going to mod it and sell it for the cost of a normal one or a normal one and the cost of the eprom, I wouldn't care at all.

That ebay auction was way, way, way past any line of acceptable. It really burns when you try to be nice to people and they take advantage due to selfish greed. I found a forum where this hack was discussed and the 2nd or 3rd post was a 'joke' about how many some guy would sell to his customers. Later on in the thread someone comes out with 'one rule for some, one rule for others' because I sold my test cart for the price of a normal slug 2.

People are disgusting.

Yeah I appreciate what you're saying too. If Metal Slug 2 MVS is still a $30 cart, that's what I'd pass it on as.

Unfortunately, part of the problem here is the Neo-Geo scene doesn't have that many games or options to profit and exploit. Diggerman is a perfect example of this. It's a crummy game, but it's still a game. Slug 2 Turbo will likely end up in a similar position as the SS3 hitbox patch or the Slug X P ROM decryption.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
we had a long convo about 5-7 years ago via pm. i made a offer back when i was making gl carts becuase you was angry at me. you rejected the offer i made

TonK

Least Valuable Player
we had a long convo about 5-7 years ago via pm. i made a offer back when i was making gl carts becuase you was angry at me. you rejected the offer i made

I don't remember it. But you're good.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'd like to see the hacked rom get a proper release one day. I think releasing it would actually hurt the market for people selling bootleg carts of it.

What planet are you on? Do you really think there will be an official release of an MVS game over a decade after the system has died?

There's a patch, let's all be grateful for that.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
@System11, some people just don't get it but at the same time I can't say its not unexpected to see it happening, not unexpected at all. You are going to have to accept that its going to show up in a new multicart if more types are make in the future.

Its a reason I asked you if I could try and add the patch to the unibios (I would have given you full credit, link to webpage etc, could mention something on the cheat line if it fits). I then accepted your decision when the answer was no.

The offer still stands if you change your mind and it could be done. This would also be a rare occasion where I could add the patch into the released and free version at the same time so there could be no claim I was trying to make money from it. It would also save the modding of good MS2 or the conversion of other games and people trying to make money from it. If this could be done it would simply mean people buying these carts are wasting money if they can use a free unibios to do the same thing. Your credit for it would also not be lost.

Raz

Last edited:

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
What planet are you on? Do you really think there will be an official release of an MVS game over a decade after the system has died?

There's a patch, let's all be grateful for that.
I was talking about the rom, not an official release of an MVS game-hack on an actual cart in 2015 by the company that made the game originally. I can see how you extrapolated that from my post though...