Metal Slug 2 slowdown reduction patch

ChrisB

Another Striker
It is really you need some experience, I burned an Rom for Matt and he soldered it in maybe he could help you? Also GadgetUK can repair pcbs etcs he may help

Is anyone able to burn an eprom with this patch for my MVS Cart?? I can solder it on no problem just don’t have a eprom burner. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
Yeah that’s how I ended up playing. Thanks.
I think I now the problem but forgot to edit the post; I have a unibios 3.2 which doesn’t support this hack in arcade mode on AES (because of the new ngh number and was released after the 3.2 version).

DeWitt

n00b
Not sure, but you can just run in AES mode with the desired violence settings set in the game's soft dips. That's how I play it.

I never heard of this workaround, thank you! I will give it a try.

Off topic: Neo Alec are you form the Basement Brothers from youtube? If yes: I like you videos:)

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yep, that's me. Thanks!

Using the soft dips to adjust home mode only works for some games. Metal Slug 2-5 happen to be games where soft dip settings impact home mode.

DeWitt

n00b
Yep, that's me. Thanks!
Cool, keep up the good work!

I gave it a try and I must say it's working actually really good. The slowdowns are not gone but it works much smoother now. My first run with one coin got me quite far! Good hint, thx!