Do you have a NGPC now? Did you 15 years ago?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I liked the ngpc hardware way more than the games. There simply isn't nearly larger enough of a library.

Also to be fair I play all my games mostly on my xperia play phone now instead. Its the best portable there is that or a pspgo.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
One thing I will say about the NGPC - there's nary a bad game for it, outside of Dive Alert.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I never was able to get into the Diver Alert games.

There's a Delta something game that's supposed to be a puzzle game, is that any good?

NPGC SNK games are awesome, if only they made more, imagine the possibilities...Crossed Swords...Neo Drift Out...man...

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I'm honestly just in love with the clicky thumb stick, it makes the 3DS' feel like an old gum wrapper.

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
I loved my NGPC. Only problem is I don't travel much and I'd much rather play the MVS if I'm at home so it got very little use.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
My bought me one for Christmas and me and my nephew were hooked first game I had was Gals fighters and loved it I had till 08 then my nephew broke it I rebought one 2 years ago but I gave it to my nephew because I had no money to give him for his b-day but I'm gonna get one this or next year I don't know well see.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Love the neo pocket.had one around 04 but realised i barely play on it.my thoughts at the time was why play metal slug on the pocket when you could play the actual thing on the aes/mvs?.so i lost it somewhere down the line.but now i would love to start collecting again.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Do you have a NGPC now? Did you 15 years ago?

Yes and yes.

My dad gave me one of the blue Sonic bundles for my 18th birthday. Supplies of the NGPC in NA were already starting to run low by that point, and I remember my dad mentioning that he had to pistol-whip a guy to get the last bundle that Walmart had.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I'm honestly just in love with the clicky thumb stick, it makes the 3DS' feel like an old gum wrapper.

the best thing snk has ever made that comes close to a dpad. i always thought that snk should of used the neo geo pocket thumb stick on the neo cd pad instead of the one they went for.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
I bought my NGPC at launch. I took it and my GBC with me to the Middle East when I got deployed. I never met anyone else that had one and I wanted to play 2player modes on the games so when I got back to the states I bought my 2 brothers and my sister a NGPC along with the 2player games I wanted to play with them. They ended up losing interest in them so I repossessed them. When I found out about the UK clamshell versions I started picking those up to replace my US versions. My cousin by then had picked up his own NGPC so whenever I got the clamshell version I gave him my cardboard boxed version so he has a nice collection now

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
the best thing snk has ever made that comes close to a dpad. i always thought that snk should of used the neo geo pocket thumb stick on the neo cd pad instead of the one they went for.

Except the NGCD thumb stick predates the NGPC thumbstick by 4 years....

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I remember my local Electronics Boutique had a NGPC behind glass a few months before its official launch. Everytime I went to that mall I would pester the EB employee to play with it. The EB clerk was locally famous and unofficially known as "Padowan Black," because of his long Ewan Kenobi style rat tail that he kept and cultivated for over a decade and cause he was black.... He only stopped working there this year.

I Bought the Camo Blue as soon as I could and played the everloving crap out of it. I only ever had two games for it back in the day: Match of the Millenium and Sonic Pocket Adventure. Everything about the NGPC shat on the GBC, and I still played MoftM deep into the GBA's life cycle.

Recently I've picked up a copy of pocket turf which is great game to play on the couch after work.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Do you have Card Fighters? IF you don't hurry up and get one, that's the perfect chill game, prolly the best game in the NGPC.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I'm still trying to be the tournament (End level) for Cardfighters, it's a bitch.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You can do it man, maybe you need to grind some more and make a better deck. I beat both CF1 and the CF2 rom with a translation guide 'cause there wasn't an English patch yet at the time I did it, both games are amazing! I don't think CF2 is worth the price tag though, mind as well get a flash cart and get more bang for your buck.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I actually bought an imported NeoGeo Pocket B&W on release, together with KOF R-1. Loved the system to death, soon after I got NeoGeo Cup 98 and Sam Sho.

Kept up buying games for it until I picked up SNK vs Capcom and found out it wouldn't run on a B&W, so I had to upgrade my system. By then the slim model of the NGPColor was already out and I imported a carbon black one.

I've been building up the collection since the first day. The best time was when I visited Japan in 2001 and man y shops were clearing NGP stocks... I recall buying a handful of new games in an electronics shop in Nagoya (including great titles such as Rockman, Magical Drop and NeoTurf Masters ) for 1000Yen a piece. It's too bad I didn't pick up the rarer titles then... but at that time I was looking for fun titles, not collectibles.

Now I think I'm missing 14 titles to complete the Jap NGPC set. Most are pretty common, but I think around 4 of them will be hard/expensive to get a hold of: Cotton, Nigeronpa, KoiKoi Majong & Mesaze Kanji Ou. Not in a hurry though, I've enjoyed building this collection since 98 and, besides Cotton, all the titles I really enjoy playing are already home :D

MOTM is still my favorite portable fighter ever.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Figured I'd post some pics of my NGPC stuff. Also, I wish Metal Slug would come back, His posting style did seem to have some hidden price raising agenda, but I liked his sole dedication and enthusiasm for SNK's little handheld.

U.S. games - I think it is a complete set, minus the cart-only releases:

UK games - I doubt I will ever finish this one up. Only one I really want is Dynamite Slugger:

Teh rarez:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Nice collection! I had no idea so many US games were released.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That's a great collection of NGPC!

There are some UK titles I know I'll never get... :(

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Figured I'd post some pics of my NGPC stuff. Also, I wish Metal Slug would come back, His posting style did seem to have some hidden price raising agenda, but I liked his sole dedication and enthusiasm for SNK's little handheld.

U.S. games - I think it is a complete set, minus the cart-only releases:

You should make some new NGPC discussion threads!

Also, you're missing Neo Dragon's Wild. Trade someone your extra CFC.