Do you have a NGPC now? Did you 15 years ago?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
My best Tetris runs are on the toilette. It does leave my legs numb though...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Ha ha, I know right. I was playing CFC on the toilet the other day for about 30 minutes. When I stood up I fell over my legs were that dead.:emb:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh I've had them moments but I haven't fallen yet, quite close though, lol.

chimera

New Challenger
I remember getting a NGPC early when it was released. Right around the same time I got a Dreamcast.. I still have it along with two others I bought much later from pawn shops. I still remember some time around 2001-2002 picking up two virtual boys from a pawn shop for 20 bucks with a NGPC for 10 bucks because my sisters boyfriend was the manager and he knew i collected games. He was saving the consoles for me in the back of the store and didnt have them on display.

I was born in 92, so when the NGPC came out i was fairly young still but I remember getting it because my older brother was a gamer. I remember taking it to school and other kids freaking out in an awesome way because of the clicky joystick and the Match Of The Millennium game lol. Too bad i always carried it in my backpack and in my pocket so now my first NGPC's screen is pretty scratched to shit lol... Good times...

I still play it occasionally but mainly for my favorite game Magical Drop Pocket :)

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I lean forwards. Big red marks, right across the tops of my thighs. The mark of a good gaming session.

Shadow Dancer on MD (via Xperia Play) is my preferred toilet break title.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Funny, as soon as I got my JXD (toilette best pal) the first series I started playing was shinobi. Shadow Dancer is so damn good, so underated. I was playing the rom with MAME though.

Later on I started playing G.I. Joe NES (Taxan) and talk about serious sessions...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
It was all about the GBA for me. Metroids, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Pokemon

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I've always been a big fan of the portables. I never realized it, but there were some quality GB/GBC games like Bionic commando, Elevator action, Double Dragon.

Never really played on the toilet though.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OK just to keep it clear.

Bionic Commando GB is an awesome game, basically Bionic Commando NES with a futuristic look, same awesome level design and game play.

Bionic Commando GBC Elite Forces is not an awesome game.

Edit: Double Dragon GB is pretty much NES DD starting with all the abilities, pretty baller.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I only own 2x original GB/GBC carts:

Double Dragon and R-Type DX.

That's all I need.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You need Ninja Gaiden Shadow and Sunsoft Batman. I'm telling you man!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Batman is all about the music. Think of Batman running into Mario Land against rush and attack enemies with a gun.

Ninja Gaiden Shadow was developed by the same team that developed Shadow of the Ninja, amazing game tip to toe.

arlon

n00b
For some reason where I lived it was, for the fairly short time it was available (at only one local store, as far as I know), really expensive. It has been quite a shock to find out that somewhere else it stayed for long and it was a fairly cheap system.
When I had to decide between that and one of those cool Mp3 players... well, I chose the music :D

Now I really want one (even if I'm a bit worried about the lack of screen lights...).

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
I had the NGPC when it was current, along with the majority of the English games. Card Fighter's Clash was something of an obsession, as was Magical Drop Pocket. I don't think I had a game for it I didn't enjoy; everything on the system is so well-made and charming.

I had to sell it all off years ago with most of the rest of my gaming stuff. But I happened across one early this year in a local used game shop and snatched it up. I now have a very small collection of some of my old favorite games and play them often.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I got mine around 2000/2001. I wanted one, but could never find one until I went to Wal-Mart that was blowing the Sonic Edition out for like $30.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
See the prices skyrocketing soon, good that I picked up BTG for $8 a long time ago ;)

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Yep, picked up a Sonic Edition Color at Walmart. Played Card Fighters Clash, Dark Arms, and Biomotor Unitron into the ground back in the day. I still have it - been playing Neo Turf Masters lately.

Bing147

n00b
I knew about it back in the day from seeing reviews in EGM. I was just a poor kid though and couldn't afford to buy it. I had a Game Boy Pocket as my main handheld for years. We weren't even big enough to have a Wal Mart and the only place I ever saw games was a couple in Babbages, but only a couple.

A number of years later a local shop got in a few systems and a few of the 6 game blister packs which I almost bought so many times. They were really overpriced though.

Finally grabbed one around 2 years ago. Really love the thing. Don't have all the games I want but I do have a few of the heavy hitters such as Gals Fighters and Faselei.