Do you have a NGPC now? Did you 15 years ago?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Just curious, is there a list of games that play in both languages?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
A few days ago I grabbed a full set of NGP and NGPC games. Looking at that list, there doesn't appear to be really any games that are both JP+ENG on the same cart. There are single releases, such as Cool Boarders and Delta Warp, and it appears it's because there's nothing there worth translating so it didn't need a second version to be made like most of the others.

I finally got my NGPC Flash Kit in the mail yesterday afternoon so I was sorting the full ROM sets and getting them onto that card for use and noticed this then.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Wow I never seen that big list of a faq before thanks for the link. There's stuff in there I hadn't even heard of before so I'll take some time and set aside awhile to read that entirely.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Yea sweater fish is why I started my site, but like him I stopped updating lol

Tanooki

War Room Troll
It's a shame you had some good translations started for some quality games.

toaks

n00b
I actually just bought one in anticipation of Saint's NGPCSD. There was literally no advertising for the system at least where I live back when it was first being sold so I didn't really know much about it at the time. It's a pretty great system I just wish the screen was backlit.

Hey,

I'm new here but had to comment on this as I'm a big fan the NGPC.

Had the carbon fibre unit back in the day, which I've still got, and then more recently picked up the Hanshin Tigers edition.

Amazingly underated handheld. Prices are crazy though now, but that is kind of par for the course.

20170624_083043.jpg

Here is a pic of the Hanshin Tigers edition.

Hashrate

n00b
So I actually had an account on these forums ~15 years ago but since I no longer have access to that email address, I had to make a new account. I am saying that because the very first reason I joined this forum was because I was getting ready to purchase a dedicated MVS 4 slot(big red) and a NGPC.

~15 years ago I spent an entire summer doing garden work for neighbors in order to save up for my NGPC. I then joined this forum and was able to acquire several games from the Neostore and Forum marketplace. I love my NGPC and still carry it around with me. Freshman year in college I was playing it in class and got the weirdest looks from people because nobody had any idea what I was playing on.

Man those are some good memories. Sorry for rambling on, but this thread just triggered some good ol' times.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Welcome to the forums. 17 years Later & I just bought a wormlight. It works ok, but it's more of a wish fulfillment thing. I could never afford one when I was a kid.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I really should look into one of those as I forgot the NGPC had one. I've got one for my GBC/GBP and it helps a lot once you get it positioned so the light doesn't put a dot in the play field. I got one of the first NGP SD kits and have been using mine a bit lately so it would help not being stuck around my desk light.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I was at Zia Records yesterday and they had like 6 NGPC games. I was super happy, but they were all titles that I already owned.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I'm always shocked at how the NGPC Slims have such good screens for viewing in normal lighting situations.

Fired up some Neo Turf Masters after playing my SwanCrystal and the NGPC screen destroys it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm always shocked at how the NGPC Slims have such good screens for viewing in normal lighting situations.

Fired up some Neo Turf Masters after playing my SwanCrystal and the NGPC screen destroys it.

I always wanted to if there was a difference in screen quality between originals and slim. I was under the impression that the slim was just that: slimmer but that's it.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I always wanted to if there was a difference in screen quality between originals and slim. I was under the impression that the slim was just that: slimmer but that's it.

I used to have some pics I took a couple years ago that showed this. The difference is not terribly dramatic, but it is noticeable. The slims have better contrast. Darker black, lighter white. It's subtle but you can tell in normal lighting situations that it's just a tad more visible IMO

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
What did they have and were they fairly priced?

They had Fatal Fury for $15
Pac-man $10
MotM $30
Sam Sho II - $15

I can't remember the others. If I didn't already own those games, I would've picked them up.

I used to have some pics I took a couple years ago that showed this. The difference is not terribly dramatic, but it is noticeable. The slims have better contrast. Darker black, lighter white. It's subtle but you can tell in normal lighting situations that it's just a tad more visible IMO

My brother has both. I never saw a difference, but I wasn't looking for a difference either.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
They had Fatal Fury for $15
Pac-man $10
MotM $30
Sam Sho II - $15

I can't remember the others. If I didn't already own those games, I would've picked them up.

A little on the high side but not outrageous compared to eBay, especially for loose.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
I was at Zia Records yesterday and they had like 6 NGPC games. I was super happy, but they were all titles that I already owned.

Which zia were you at. tBird or camelB?
Think I saw those at TBird?
They have a vectrex for a million too.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Which zia were you at. tBird or camelB?
Think I saw those at TBird?
They have a vectrex for a million too.

The one on Alma School and Elliot.

I also found Metal Slug 2nd Mission at the Fallout Games in Scottsdale. That was one of the last NGPC i was actively looking for.

19989635_10207169202946851_5561613439693428398_n.jpg

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer

Do you feel like the slims have a better screen than the normal NGPC? I've never noticed a difference.