Do you have a NGPC now? Did you 15 years ago?

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Was there any side scrolling beat 'em ups for the system? The closest I can think of was Beast Busters, but thats more of a shooter...

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Was there any side scrolling beat 'em ups for the system? The closest I can think of was Beast Busters, but thats more of a shooter...
pretty sure that's a no
Kind of a shame really, Wonderswan at least had Golden Axe for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'd have to agree, from what I can remember no region got a side scrolling punch/kick (FF, SOR, etc) beat em up type game which is a shame.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Should've also got a racing game... one better than Cool Boarders...

NeoPocketDriftOut :drool_2:

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I did have one when they first came out. I had the camo blue with about 15ish games for it. Sold it a while later, then bought another one with all the "expansion packs" that came out a number of years ago. Sold that again and have not gotten one since. I would grab one again if the right deal came along.

My favorite games for the system for SvC:MotM and Metal Slug 2nd Mission. I do want to try Neo Turf Masters on it though. Also wish they would have finished developing Magician Lord 2 for it.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Should've also got a racing game... one better than Cool Boarders...

NeoPocketDriftOut :drool_2:

That would have been awesome. I'd loved to have seen an isometric racer or something like Outrun/Chase H.Q.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I picked up the blue Sonic pack at Wal-Mart when it was announced it was being pulled from the market. I didn't have much cash at the time and I was fixated on the Dreamcast. I later on bought those blister packs of loose games. Around that time you could also get loose games on eBay for a bargain. That's about the time I signed up here too. Good times.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Best side scrolling brawler on the NES no one has ever heard of until those faux 'gem' videos showed up to try and help get things expensive for collectard future victims. River City Ransom is where it was at, but that game really captured Final Fight so well and with a nice twist plus a comedy touch with the chibi style graphics. I'll never let that NES cart go, but if someone wanted it cheap there's a GBA game a Capcom Mini Mix that has it, Strider and Bionic Commando on one cart all NES emulated.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Best side scrolling brawler on the NES no one has ever heard of until those faux 'gem' videos showed up to try and help get things expensive for collectard future victims. River City Ransom is where it was at, but that game really captured Final Fight so well and with a nice twist plus a comedy touch with the chibi style graphics. I'll never let that NES cart go, but if someone wanted it cheap there's a GBA game a Capcom Mini Mix that has it, Strider and Bionic Commando on one cart all NES emulated.

I've got that mini mix cart. it's pretty solid. (a *lot* of my gba collection was nes rereleases; i just liked being able to play some of those games on the go)

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
My favorite games for the system for SvC:MotM and Metal Slug 2nd Mission. I do want to try Neo Turf Masters on it though. Also wish they would have finished developing Magician Lord 2 for it.

neo turf masters is great on it. the graphics are more cartoony, but the game's the same great game. next to faselei, probably the ngpc game that i sunk the most time into.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I've got that mini mix cart. it's pretty solid. (a *lot* of my gba collection was nes rereleases; i just liked being able to play some of those games on the go)

I can understand that. If you're much into re-releases, look to Japan. They boxed up all over again various titles from the Hudson library, I had one that had both NES emulated Bombermand 1 and 2 on there, but they did 4 packages total I believe of famicom stuff. Also Technos/Million did some nice classic famicom package deals of those Kunio games (RCR, Dodgeball, etc we both got and never received.) Obviously there's the classic NES series titles of 12 we got, but Japan got like twice that many and some really solid gems (Ghosts n Goblins, Twinbee, Kid Icarus, and others.)

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
That kind of stuff where people just collect and never play them just seems like a waste to me. They collect them so they never play them and other people who would want to play them have to pay jacked up prices for the privilege of playing them. I get games so I can play them. Thank you for mentioning the Capcom Mini Mix, compilations are great and take up less space.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That kind of stuff where people just collect and never play them just seems like a waste to me. They collect them so they never play them and other people who would want to play them have to pay jacked up prices for the privilege of playing them. I get games so I can play them. Thank you for mentioning the Capcom Mini Mix, compilations are great and take up less space.

No problem and I agree. I don't buy NES/SNES games online anymore for over 3 years now because of that asshole collectard mentality and hipster trash who have fed a horrible high priced feeding frenzy. It sucked the fun out of it entirely so I just buy local or not at all and really other than a couple SNES games a few weeks ago it has been not at all for 2 years. I just deal with handheld games now for Nintendo/Sega and that' sit other than the laptop as I can't stand it anymore.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I felt they should've done a game like Pulstar or Blazing Star that would've been the shit.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
So I've been looking for Game Gear games lately at my LGS, but I keep running into random Neo-Geo Pocket games, Problem is, they're games I already own like MotM, Neo Turf Masters, and Fatal Fury.

One store got a complete copy of Pachisuro Aruze and sold it to me for $2. Its a shit game, but i figured a complete copy plus the clamshell was worth $2.00.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I felt they should've done a game like Pulstar or Blazing Star that would've been the shit.

I would have loved to have seen some shooters on the system in addition to some of the titles that were unreleased. Although I've owned a few other ngpc units over the years including the "slim" version, I still have my old original stone blue ngpc system. I still play it often and I am still shocked at the responsiveness of the controls after all these years of play. Damn shame that Aruze pulled the plug when they did. Back then, it felt like the system was actually gaining some traction when Sonic was released for it and I remember a few friends being impressed with the system when they saw the impressive graphics of SvC:MotM.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Going to get no argument from me. Had they even converted another 10-20% of the arcade titles to a chibi pocket release for the NGPC it would have been simply amazing and I think it would have helped them sell a few more. They had some really solid final fight like clones that never were exploited or the vertical and horizontal shooters. Sure baseball stars and neo turf masters got great conversions, but it would have been nice to see a few others like league bowling and wind jammers too.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
to be fair, there was one shooter for the system: Cotton.

Flavor

Saver,
I picked up the blue Sonic pack at Wal-Mart when it was announced it was being pulled from the market. I didn't have much cash at the time and I was fixated on the Dreamcast. I later on bought those blister packs of loose games. Around that time you could also get loose games on eBay for a bargain. That's about the time I signed up here too. Good times.

I bought a loose used CFC cart from a local shop before I even owned a console. Then, when they got pulled from the market, there was one Wal-Mart in the city that had 3 left around (IIRC). I kept waiting for them to mark them down, and I think I even called them about it. Once they dropped in price, I got that same blue Sonic pack. I think they were supposed to have been pulled from the store, but someone messed up, and I got it for an okay deal.

I had a NGP (not Color) that I bought from an import game store for like 90-100 bucks. Played Samurai Shodown and Biomotor Unitron for a while and had a good time, but not really my smartest purchase in retrospect. I think at the time I was subscribed to the Neo Geo Mailing List and anything Neo Geo at a price lower than AES carts seemed like a bargain.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I had Cotton on the NGPC it was actually solid, also when I had my massive collection also on SFC, Turbo Duo CD, and Saturn as well. It's so cracked out but lots of fun. Things like that, mega man, the SNK chibi arcade conversions, and biomotor unitron (even Sonic) really made me put a lot of enjoyable hours on the thing and makes me wish I still had it. The only thing holding me back now on it is $ as I don't much care for the price of these games now if you want the cool box and manual they came with, and a few loose still suck.

I remember back in the day (10+ years ago) people attempted to do some emulators for the device but I don't recall one ever really getting better than a B effort with some hang ups which was a crime.