Do you have a NGPC now? Did you 15 years ago?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
If you're really interested I'll dig around, and if I find it you can have it for the price of shipping :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are able to and it isn't much trouble I'd be interested, let me know! Thanks!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I remember back in the day (10+ years ago) people attempted to do some emulators for the device but I don't recall one ever really getting better than a B effort with some hang ups which was a crime.
I used to play with NeoPop around 2005 - it was alright IIRC...

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I think that was the one I was thinking of. I know it worked, but it wasn't accurate if I remember right. But something is better than nothing, yet it's a shame no one ever bothered taking it further yet you still had continued development on some stuff with a crappier stigma and far fewer games (like virtual boy.)

Accidentally skimming stuff on google play last night, saw there was a free NGPC emulator it appears for android. Might be something to research because if it's decent, couldn't hurt to throw it on there and use my EZ file manager tool to throw some games on the thing and see what happens as I have a really nice mini bluetooth controller (steelseries mobile.)

xsq

hm, yeah, it might not be accurate - I really can't tell. I didn't have a NGPC back then and now since I've gotten one I haven't played via Emulator ^^

I wasn't even aware of the NGPC when it was out. After it was long gone from shelves I found out about it and finally found one locally about a year ago with some nice games. Nothing crazy but solid titles like Metal Slug, King of Fighters, and Turf Masters. There are few things more satisfying than using the NGPC gamepad with the microswitches.

I've seen some of the threads here on the NGPC slim which was Japan only. Since it seems that this is newest of posts on the NGPC I thought that I would just post here. I have had a NGPC since the day it appeared on the store shelf and a copy of Metal Slug 1st Mission. My main reason for picking one up. I feel anyone that has a love for Neo Geo games and pocket gaming they would have grab one of these jewels up long ago. I purchased the slim version almost 2 years ago. I have been using it ever since. I enjoy using it more than my fat version. It is only slightly smaller than the original, but feels so different and so much more comfortable in my hands. Everything about is an improvement to me.
NGPocket1.jpgNGPocket2.jpgNGPocket3.jpgNGPocket4.jpg

Last edited:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I've seen some of the threads here on the NGPC slim which was Japan only. Since it seems that this is newest of posts on the NGPC I thought that I would just post here. I have had a NGPC since the day it appeared on the store shelf and a copy of Metal Slug 1st Mission. My main reason for picking one up. I feel anyone that has a love for Neo Geo games and pocket gaming they would have grab one of these jewels up long ago. I purchased the slim version almost 2 years ago. I have been using it ever since. I enjoy using it more than my fat version. It is only slightly smaller than the original, but feels so different and so much more comfortable in my hands. Everything about is an improvement to me.
View attachment 42456View attachment 42457View attachment 42458View attachment 42459

oooohh.. that yellow transparent case is nice.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Agreed it is nice seeing the details of the system in there as the yellow is so passive it's almost clear. I'm surprised such a small shrinking of the hardware would be so much more comfortable though.

xsq

you really have to see/try it to understand the difference. I would agree it's quite noticeable...

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I have both versions and am surprised to hear that others find the slim revision to be more comfortable. Although you really can't go wrong with either version of the ngpc, the original model seems more comfortable for extended play sessions to me (especially for fighting games).

When playing something like card fighters clash for a couple hours it's all good, but the slim model cramps my hands when playing something like SvC:MotM for long.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Likely a to each their own situation. Right now I've been shopping for a like new NGPC and I'm working on it. I see what they can go for and what crazy can get you too, so it may take time and maybe not. Prefer to get the model I had originally, but if something looks so sharp it would be stupidity to ignore it I'm flexible. Not going to go for AES or the CD ever since I have the MVS but I'd like to get the tangible library from the Neo-Geo era and that would include the NGPC once more too.

xsq

I have both versions and am surprised to hear that others find the slim revision to be more comfortable. Although you really can't go wrong with either version of the ngpc, the original model seems more comfortable for extended play sessions to me (especially for fighting games).

When playing something like card fighters clash for a couple hours it's all good, but the slim model cramps my hands when playing something like SvC:MotM for long.
ha, I'm the exact opposite way. got a fat one first, then picked up a slim just to see what the fuzz was about. Sold the fat, bought a spare slim ;)
I also still believe the screen on the slim is slightly better... but yeah,
Likely a to each their own situation.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
......... 1st time I ever hear about a slim model. I love when they make a transparent model <3

Dang, I saw on the recent purchases thread someone who got a Neo Turf Masters and now I want one too lol.

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
lc8BSnLl.jpg

Let's find out:

Ah-won

Ta-who

Thu-dree

7o6qwe7l.jpg

Thu-dree.

Full res:
https://imgur.com/a/DvdUS

Three.

March 28th, 2006 is when I started my NGPC collection. I remember trying years earlier (around 2003) when a deal site said that all major metro Electronics Boutique stores were getting these bundles, but they never came to my store (metro Atlanta).

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Unopened NGPC games from 2006, nice. Keep them away from unstable air or the sticky patina will leech out.

What is the flip value on those unopened gems some eleven years later?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Unopened NGPC games from 2006, nice. Keep them away from unstable air or the sticky patina will leech out.

Bruh, but what if the buyer opens them to, you know, play the games?

CZroe

Zero's Secretary

They are opened. They didn't come with original boxes to put on my shelf but I still save my original packaging/receipts.

Sorry, bud.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Does anyone know what the deal is with these ESRB rated Faselei cartridges that pop up every so often? I hear they were released in blister packs, but does anyone have any idea on production numbers? From what I've read, the game was sent to reviewers just days before SNK went bankrupt, & I've never seen a U.S. boxed copy despite the ESRB rating on those carts.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Both Faselei and The Last Blade were cartridge-only games in the U.S. The U.K. got boxed copies, although they are both pretty expensive now.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
The thought that all the american last blade & faselei Boxes were destroyed just so they could save on shipping & throw them into blister packs makes me sad.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
oooohh.. that yellow transparent case is nice.

Is there any difference in the screen compared to the fat version? I'm looking for a new one since the botch job on my fat version & may as well get one if they're so much better.