Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Do you have a NGPC now? Did you 15 years ago?

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Why would you continue to buy carts if you have the very capable multi?
    Personal, nothing more or less. I was forced to sell my NGPC collection off over unemployment a dozen years back. I do draw the line though, as I doubt I'll want to pop for Cotton or Rockman since they go over $100. The only cheap one left is Baseball Stars to finish it.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Plus, the later mini-games look really great! Basically any one of them could be made into a separate game and I wouldn't mind. I did a write-up on Neo Poke Kun some years ago, and made a thumbnail page of all the mini-games:
    I think all of the mini games look apropriate to the time the 'original' was released - the changes in graphics are one of the aspects that make putting time into Neo Poke Kun so rewarding.

Nice thumbnail - could you link the write up? Interested in reading it if it is in a language I understand (went to the blog in your sig... sadly I can't read Polish)

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    On Flashmasta [...] games smaller than 16 megabit need to be patched to save properly.
    I never noticed that with my Flashmasta... maybe it was fixed somewhere down the line? Maybe I was using patched roms without noticing... or I was just too stupid to notice ^^

Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Why would you continue to buy carts if you have the very capable multi?
    Collecting... it's insane... I may have fallen for it with the NGPC... fuck.

Pm Rot. He'll Give You
    A Great Custom Rank.
    I hear you! Cotton is one of the few games I'm missing to complete the jap set and prices have skyrocketed. Still aiming to get one around the 100$ mark, but with lots of patience I guess... I wasn't going to pick up the flashcart since I already have most of the games, but if I can't manage to get the missing ones I might end up getting it.

BTW, I haven't been able to find a complete jap Picture Puzzle in a while either. Has that one become sorta strange too?

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Flash kit is there because of the prices. Cotton(US) and Rockman are the 2 losses I can not currently stomach the price to repurchase which is a shame as they're two amazing games.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

Ukyo's Doctor

Carts are only worth it if you have the manuals. I love the manual art.
    Looking for UK copies of Dive Alert Becky's Version, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters, and Pocket Reversi.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41108&dateline=145772  3980

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    Nice thumbnail - could you link the write up? Interested in reading it if it is in a language I understand (went to the blog in your sig... sadly I can't read Polish)
    Unfortunately, it is in Polish. You can try using Google Translate, but the idiomatic expressions are messing up the translation. For instance, a paragraph which mentions that SNK "bit off more than they could chew" trying to supersede Nintendo's Game Boy is translated as "SNK decided to throw a hoe on the sun", which is a very literal translation, and while not entirely wrong per se, it doesn't make any sense in English. Oh well. Here's the link if you're interested or want to have a laugh with the robot translation: *click*

P.S. - The text contains some broken links, the thumbnail image being one of them. I hosted these files on Image Shack, but they deleted old accounts. I still have the files, so all I need to do is fix them. I also linked to my dumped save file and three mini-games from the official Poke Kun website, which were released as Windows executables with MIDI music. I need to upload that stuff again. I did a write-up on Faselei as well, linking to the opening music and mentioning which movie the samples speech came from.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Ah, thanks for the link - I'll check it out

King's Dry Cleaner

https://web.archive.org/web/20010418...html#mini_game

So this is a thing. The official neo poke-kun site was actually archived, & surprisingly enough, 3 of the .exe minigames they put up for sampling are still active to download.

Neo Bubble Buster

i have one again hoping to keep it though wife wants me to see if someone will buy it found it at a local pawn shop with 1st mission in it if i keep it looking to get a flash cart

schnuth is one
    DUMBASS username.

jdoll, are you Tanooki in disguise? Punctuation is your friend. Your wife obviously is not. Keep the NGPC and lose the wife.

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
    i have one again hoping to keep it though wife wants me to see if someone will buy it found it at a local pawn shop with 1st mission in it if i keep it looking to get a flash cart
    Holy shit.

Periods, dude.

Use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me

Occult Archmage

Quote Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
    What is this nonsense?

Withered Penis!

This guy appears to be a trainwreck.

Selling an NGPC if he can get more for it than he paid at a pawn shop, per his wife.

No price nor pictures listed but one can score a copy of Metal Slug First Mission for almost double its value.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Occult Archmage

Ugh... ban this fool.

Thread Information