MVS restoration

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
That is a really good looking restore. How long did it take to complete?

Heartkill

n00b
Nice album, thanks for sharing! I'm going to use a few of your pics as a reference while I tear into my 2-slot cab soon.

Did you use a template for the side decals or are those vinyl? Also what finish paint did you use on the CPO? I'm debating whether to use the Rustoleum hammered finish black or have it powdercoated along with my board cover.

Pretty impressive you fit that inside a Tracker too.

franchy36

n00b
Thanks, I got the vinyl decals from a guy on reddit. For the pain I used Valspar interior satin finish red for the cabinet and for the CP I used an engine paint I got from Home Depot, non glossy and then I gave it a clear coat.
The tracker was a bit of a challenge but it worked pretty well, I have installed iron loops on the back where the seat belts are so I can tied things down safely.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Great work man! I enjoyed looking through the album. It's quite evident the amount of work you put into it :D

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Congrats on the cab. No better feeling than making it your own and reviving the dead back to life. Good job on the resto and enjoy your new cab!

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Wow, that is awesome, very nice work!
I like how you made metal guides for the bottom front corners so they don't get beat up again. What kind of metal did you use, and how did you bend it to shape?

franchy36

n00b
Wow, that is awesome, very nice work!
I like how you made metal guides for the bottom front corners so they don't get beat up again. What kind of metal did you use, and how did you bend it to shape?

The cabinet had them already I just had to re finished them, but I know you can buy generic metal corner guards I seen them on Home Depot too, I did a quick google search and a lot of them came up.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
The cabinet had them already I just had to re finished them, but I know you can buy generic metal corner guards I seen them on Home Depot too, I did a quick google search and a lot of them came up.

Good to know, thanks.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
holy crap nice restore! I hope mine to look like this some day.... I am working on it just waiting for the damn weather to finally break and STOP BEING 35 F***KING DEGREES *shakes fist at Wisconsin*

Question, what locks did you use for the top cover and coin doors? I am having trouble finding the correct locks for the marquee panel because they use silly L lock you see on dartboards.

Last edited:

franchy36

n00b
holy crap nice restore! I hope mine to look like this some day.... I am working on it just waiting for the damn weather to finally break and STOP BEING 35 F***KING DEGREES *shakes fist at Wisconsin*

Question, what locks did you use for the top cover and coin doors? I am having trouble finding the correct locks for the marquee panel because they use silly L lock you see on dartboards.

I just got regular cam lock from Home Depot, the same will fit in all places, except for the back, since that panel was missing the new one I made doesn't have a lock.

DaveyDarko

n00b
I will be creating a new panel for my cab too as it was missing the panel when I picked it up as well.

How do people lose these things? xD

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's always nice to see a big red brought back to life like that. Those Big Red rev. 3 are very cool, used to have one, congrats and great work!

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Some very impressive work here, but...

Z1iqoHq.jpg

The SNK logo is upside down and backwards. :scratch:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh noes and the MVS logo has the fake M, oh well, good job still.