MVS restoration

Aw man, see I envy you for having all this room and space to work with. I just have an mvs in an apartment room, and mine has been grossly painted over in black, the control panel all in blue, and the electronics in the back are still all dusty. The best I can do for now is replace the power supply unit, the EL marquees, and some locks. I don't even know anything about electronics lol, but you're lucky you can do all that, I don't know if or when I'll have access to all that stuff to work with. Nice going!

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
Some very impressive work here, but...

Z1iqoHq.jpg

The SNK logo is upside down and backwards. :scratch:

I saw the upside down SNK logo as well. Good restore job, I'm very impressed.

KingJavo

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
Wow! Beautiful work on the "Big Red"! I've got some experience with a couple of NEO GEO restorations in the past and it's tough work and expensive depending on the parts needed to make it fly.

A+

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Yeah I agree with the other guy's the big red is indeed a thing of beauty..

SAKAMOSTRO

Rugal's Thug
Wow man! Great Job, lots of love. I wish i had the time to go for a project like that!

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
nicely done thanks for sharing and for bringing this machine back to its former glory!

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
That looks great! Awesome job on the restoration!

I actually recently finished a restore on a 2 slot, and I'm currently working on a 4-slot restoration. Same type as yours.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the white side labels from? The Neo Geo and MVS etc? Been trying to find some, with no luck! Thanks for any input.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
This is amazing, what paint did you use on the control panel? I'm just about to start mine :)
sorry to derail, especially to 'help' a noob...why are japanese aes systems so much less $, is putting a unibios in so hard? I mean like 200$ less?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
higgibaby;3960492]

double post!

higgs man... there are rules and etiquettes!!!! read up. the natives are restless! I don't think the' deals 'he's after hardly warrant defending... maybe english stuff has become the rares tho?

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
sorry to derail, especially to 'help' a noob...why are japanese aes systems so much less $, is putting a unibios in so hard? I mean like 200$ less?

AFAIK, it's because Japanese AES systems are much more common than US ones, and since collectors want originality (so no unibios) they pay the stupid prices. Players can't care less and they get the cheapest one and mod it.

Regards.