Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 1,651 to 1,659 of 1659

Thread: Fuck Yeah Vita!

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by bulletnyourass View Post
    Thanks for the info. I thought they could be modded as long as they were 3.68 or lower? I read it could be done using H-Encore. Im not disputing your advice.....just saying that’s why I was looking for one with that firmware. Looking on eBay, I’m noticing that most people who don’t list firmware are ones that probably have the latest firmware installed. As for why I want a slim model. I’ve owned 2 original models in the past (1 3G and 1 WiFi model). Just wanted an opportunity to try a slim model. Guess I’ll start searching for 1 tonight.

Phillip
    You are correct, you can run CFW on up to 3.68, but it's more of a hassle. You want to avoid 3.69 for now as it's not hacked at the moment. If you are looking on eBay, you can find many on 3.60 for various prices, but they get pretty high if they are pristine. JoeAwesome is right, RAZO was selling one recently so you may want to check with him.

I survived Secret Santa
    It wasn't Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave GI View Post
    I don't know why $300 sounds outrageous for a complete mint console at the preferred firmware with a 32/64GB card. I'm sure you can pay $100 for one that someone sat one if you want.
    You don't need the 32/64GB memory card if you're hacking the system. That's what an SD card and adapter is for. Nor do you need to spend $300 on a bundle like that unless you want to overpay to get it right now. Like I said, plenty of new Vita bundle's were on sale very recently for ~$200 or so shipped from Amazon Japan, and it came with a 16GB card. No need to overpay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

Kuroko's Training Dummy

It also depends on whether you want to OLED or the LCD screen. I've tried LCD screen Vita's and they are fine, I read somewhere slims have a charge port issue and the screen yellowing...though I never witnessed that, so it could be BS. Any screen can have issues. But I've been using the same OLED Vita for years and no issue and the PQ is amazing. If you hack it, you can use SD2Vita instead of an official card. However, if you find a bundle like Joe suggested above, you wouldn't even need that. I don't know what firmware would be shipping on Vitas right now, so if you buy new and get 3.69, you are SOL for the moment.

I suggest you read this through before committing to anything and see what route you want to take:

http://wololo.net/vita-cfw4dummies/

Soundwave GI and JoaAwesome, thanks for the replies and advice. So between 3.60-3.65 is where I want to be firmware wise. Glad I came here to check first because I would’ve ended up choosing some of the ones I was seeing above 3.65 . One thing that’s never changed over the years is that it’s best to come to the forums and get some advice before committing to a purchase. I would’ve been hating life with one of systems that required me to do all of the extra work every time I went to use it. Thanks again.

[06:21 PM] djdelly: you made me sit in the bath tub to leech wifi for two hours... that is something I will never forget

http://www.slashnet.org/webclient/neo-geo.com

PSN: Bulletnyourass
    XBOX360: Bulletnyourass
    Wii: 0795-8296-7048-8608
    SSBB: 1762-2483-2553

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by bulletnyourass View Post
    Soundwave GI and JoaAwesome, thanks for the replies and advice. So between 3.60-3.65 is where I want to be firmware wise. Glad I came here to check first because I would’ve ended up choosing some of the ones I was seeing above 3.65 . One thing that’s never changed over the years is that it’s best to come to the forums and get some advice before committing to a purchase. I would’ve been hating life with one of systems that required me to do all of the extra work every time I went to use it. Thanks again.
    I did a quick look on eBay and Vita prices have come down a lot recently. Check the link I posted above to see the differences between whether you get a 3.60 or above and what hacking options are available to you.

I did a quick look on eBay and Vita prices have come down a lot recently. Check the link I posted above to see the differences between whether you get a 3.60 or above and what hacking options are available to you.
    Thanks for that link. I need to find one that’s at 3.60 . Enso Henkaku definitely is what I want to mess around with. I haven’t done any handheld modding/hacking since early In the PSP scene.

[06:21 PM] djdelly: you made me sit in the bath tub to leech wifi for two hours... that is something I will never forget

http://www.slashnet.org/webclient/neo-geo.com

PSN: Bulletnyourass
    XBOX360: Bulletnyourass
    Wii: 0795-8296-7048-8608
    SSBB: 1762-2483-2553

I survived Secret Santa
    It wasn't Easy.

They took a dive with Enso being released. Suddenly, you didn't need a Vita with a specific firmware (at the time of release) to hack it, so scalpers couldn't charge more for a system with the privilege to hack. 3.60 motherboard prices probably took a dive as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

when are the last NIS titles going up?

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post
    when are the last NIS titles going up?
    All three are up for pre-order on Amazon for a March 19, 2019 release. Penny Punching Princess, The Lost Child, and The Longest 5 Minutes.

I wonder what the last physical US Vita release will be? I assume it will probably be something from Limited Run?

Thread Information