Fuck Yeah Vita!

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Does anybody know if Ys 8 will have a cross-platform save Between PS4 and Vita like Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel and Dragon's crown did? I might double dip if that's the case.

So after doing a little research it looks like no. No cross save and no cross buy.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
So after doing a little research it looks like no. No cross save and no cross buy.

I figured as much. I bought the PS4 one for the soundtrack and art book. Maybe down the road if it's cheap on the Vita I'll pick it up.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Has anyone played Axiom Verge on a PS TV? I don't have a Vita or PS4 but I'd like to give this one a go if it is compatible.

It has some touch screen controls but I guess you can re-map them. So it would depend on if you could map them to L2/R2 or L3/R3.

UPDATE!

I check today and you can map the touch stuff to the L analog stick so you should be fine on PS TV.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I bought the JP version of Criminal Girls 2 yesterday. Yes, I do plan on playing it out in public.

Also, if you own a PS4 or a decent PC, I would advise against buying Ys VIII on the Vita, since it has less content than the other two versions.

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I bought the JP version of Criminal Girls 2 yesterday. Yes, I do plan on playing it out in public.

Also, if you own a PS4 or a decent PC, I would advise against buying Ys VIII on the Vita, since it has less content than the other two versions.

What was left out of the Vita version?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
What was left out of the Vita version?

Some dungeons, some bosses, some quests, a bit of story content, and something called "suppression battles". Also, the Vita version isn't 60fps like the other two, but that's to be expected.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
don't buy the western version
don't support NISA and their shitty practices.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I'd rather support NISA than XSEED.

Anyway, I believe the Vita version of Ys 8 was developed first and then up-ported to the PS4, kind of like what happened with Tokyo Xanaduder.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Haven't really started Ys 8, which is weird as I am a huge Ys fan. I just got in Mary Skelter and am a sucker for DRPG's so I am gonna give this a whirl next. About an hour in and it's really odd...but I will stick with it.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Picked up Drive Girls and what a wasted opportunity. To much damn story and the elements it has are weak. It's a wait for a sale type of game.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Picked up Drive Girls and what a wasted opportunity. To much damn story and the elements it has are weak. It's a wait for a sale type of game.

yeah, that's a good way to put it. It's definitely style over substance. Neat game to pop in once in awhile - but it's a letdown

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I like the system,Would be awesome to se a new metal slug on Vita!

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member

Seems like its taking them forever for the limited edition ones because it hasn't even shipped and I live minutes from limited run games.

Also side issue. Is there away to add the stretch option to the ps1 emulator for the pstv firmware? It has it on the actual vita but you can't do it on the pstv. Just wondering if theres a work around for that.

Last edited:

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Seems like its taking them forever for the limited edition ones because it hasn't even shipped and I live minutes from limited run games.

Also side issue. Is there away to add the stretch option to the ps1 emulator for the pstv firmware? It has it on the actual vita but you can't do it on the pstv. Just wondering if theres a work around for that.

Same here, I haven't even gotten a ship notice on my Limited Edition :(

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Just picked up a Vita in a trade, any strategy rpgs worth picking up on this thing? I picked up the Hyperdimension one back when they clearanced it out and I know of the Asian English Super Robot Wars game, I'll try to pick that up soon. And I have saw a couple of the Disgaea games. Anything else?

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
SD Gundam G (Asian English import) and God Wars: Future Past are worth checking out. I haven't played them yet, but I hear the Utawarerumono games are good as well.