Fuck Yeah Vita!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Holy crap! Macross Delta Scramble is a gorgeous game. How come this game doesn't get more talk?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I mentioned it many pages ago, but everyone ignored me. I hope you got the RunPika Sound Edition.

Well, my apologies - I bought the standard version. But I'm really digging it so far. The missile smoke reflections in the water, blur effects - fucking slick presentation

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Well, my apologies - I bought the standard version. But I'm really digging it so far. The missile smoke reflections in the water, blur effects - fucking slick presentation

You should have picked up the RunPika edition instead, it has way more music from the older Macross animes. But yes, it's a very good game regardless, definitely one of the Vita's best exclusives.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
You should have picked up the RunPika edition instead, it has way more music from the older Macross animes. But yes, it's a very good game regardless, definitely one of the Vita's best exclusives.

Is there somewhere to get this runpika version? It's like 200 on eBay and I can only find 1. I watched some videos and it looks fun, but I noticed it might require some basic japanese. Is there a English option?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
so yeah a request for help?! if someone can remember the probably turn based game that seemed to have samuraiesque elements they talked about, I think when the talk was also about some persona game they should pm me its driving me mental.. I have an off chance anyhow!

gotsmart after pming colorado rockie!!!searched my posts and found ray gigant..thats the one! sonow any hope for my vita i bricked by giving it a toss? it powered up after but no buttons or the screen stopped working...

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Is there somewhere to get this runpika version? It's like 200 on eBay and I can only find 1. I watched some videos and it looks fun, but I noticed it might require some basic japanese. Is there a English option?

Fly to Japan and buy it used in mint condition for $30 from any video game store that sells used games. No English, but it should be playable once you figure out the menus.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Think I've googled it a few times but couldn't find a reliable answer.

Whats the biggest USB stick you can use on a PSTV and largest SD card on a Vita?
I gotta hack my Vita now and my other PSTV, maybe give it away to my little sister.

I didn't know forever that the PS4 pad was compatible with the PSTV..(or maybe didn't care)but all my PS3 joysticks batteries are dead. Anyways it's such the better controller for it. You can use the touch pad almost like the Vitas touchscreen. All my PS4 games so far just use it as a button.

Should probably also list up all my physical games on Ebay, nothing special but I'm sure I can get at least what I paid for them or more since I bought most stuff on closeout.

Just checked my vita is firmware 3.68, not sure about my other PSTV. Gotta be old, haven't updated it in years.

BTW this months pickings for PS+ are pathetic, only two games now and neither are really anything I want. Gotta hack my PS3 someday as well, whats the biggest HD you can put in that?

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I've put a 500gb HDD on the PSTV and 128gb SD on the Vita, but those aren't maxes. The hardest part about the USB stick is you have to find a way for it to stayed powered and always active. I know my HDD isn't always active, so sometimes my game slows down to a crawl when it shouldn't.

PS+ is abandoning PSV and PS3 games in their offerings going forward. I put a 1tb on my PS3, but I can't fully recall if I've read there's an issue once you go higher than 1.5tb. Something about the rest of the space won't be seen without further setting modification, I think.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Thanks. I have a 128gb micro fit stick in my Pstv it hasnt given me any problems yet but I've filled it up and was wondering if I go could go 250-400 as they are affordable now days but I know Sony's official largest stick was 64gb so I didn't know if I could go much bigger than that.

Roughly how many games would you guess you fit on a 1.5tb drive in your PS3?

JoeAwesome

Thanks. I have a 128gb micro fit stick in my Pstv it hasnt given me any problems yet but I've filled it up and was wondering if I go could go 250-400 as they are affordable now days but I know Sony's official largest stick was 64gb so I didn't know if I could go much bigger than that.

Roughly how many games would you guess you fit on a 1.5tb drive in your PS3?

I'm sure you could go higher on the SD card. 256gb wouldn't surprise me, and tbh, neither would higher (512?).

1.5tb on a modded PS3 may not go far depending on what you load. Red Dead GotY took a little over 6gb, but Yakuza 3 took like 20+, iirc.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Haven't touched my OLED Vita in ages... then randomly picked up a blue slim the other week. The slim surprised me. Loving the weight and a standardized USB charging port.. Now to play catch up on games.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Haven't touched my OLED Vita in ages... then randomly picked up a blue slim the other week. The slim surprised me. Loving the weight and a standardized USB charging port.. Now to play catch up on games.

You'll also notice the battery lasts a fuckton longer. I have grown to prefer the slim by far.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Got these in today.

0a4ea841e8e2303fc27d7c1a63d06ec7.jpg

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I’m honestly surprised these came out at all. I kept expecting my order to get canceled. There can’t be too many more physical releases coming out. My Vita backlog is just insane at this point.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
MeiQ Labyrinth of Death is $10 on PSN right now and all the DLC is free. Just FYI, as it's a fun dungeon crawler.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
MeiQ Labyrinth of Death is $10 on PSN right now and all the DLC is free. Just FYI, as it's a fun dungeon crawler.

I bought that the other week as I'm really into Dungeon crawlers right now. Got the platinum trophies on both Demon Gaze games, which are fucking amazing and am about half way through Dungeon Travelers 2.

The thing is, after I finish that I still have:

Operation Abyss
Operation Babel
Stranger of Sword City
Moe Chronicle
MeiQ

Now I'm not sure which one to go through next.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I bought that the other week as I'm really into Dungeon crawlers right now. Got the platinum trophies on both Demon Gaze games, which are fucking amazing and am about half way through Dungeon Travelers 2.

Operation Abyss
Operation Babel
Stranger of Sword City
Moe Chronicle
MeiQ

Not Vita related at all, but I am also a dungeon crawler aficionado. You gotta check this game out. Ambermoon on Amiga. Can be emulated easily and is awesome. Seriously, this game is bad ass as all hell. Black Crypt, also on Amiga is also worth your time. I would highly recommend the Amiga Forever paid emulator, which comes with a physical disc.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Not Vita related at all, but I am also a dungeon crawler aficionado. You gotta check this game out. Ambermoon on Amiga. Can be emulated easily and is awesome. Seriously, this game is bad ass as all hell. Black Crypt, also on Amiga is also worth your time. I would highly recommend the Amiga Forever paid emulator, which comes with a physical disc.

I am putting that on my raspberry pi ASAP - thanks for the heads up!

Operation Abyss
Operation Babel
Stranger of Sword City
Moe Chronicle
MeiQ

I got about 13hrs into Operation Abyss, it's great but the difficulty is all over the place. Love the aesthetic though. I need to go back to it after MeiQ, I also haven't played Demon Gaze 2 yet, but I loved the first one. It's easily one of the Vita's best games.

Stranger of Sword City is gorgeous and I got about 8 hrs into it...it's...soooo...difficult.

Moe is awesome, I tore through that one. It's hilarious and the battles are fun.

I wish I could've gotten into Lost Child more...but as you've pointed out, there are plenty of dungeon crawlers to last me awhile. Don't forget about Ray Gigant and Marky Skelter!

Edit, also noticed Trillion is also $10 with free DLC

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2019/04/01/vitas-lost-games-a-look-at-the-digital-future/

Bummed I didn't grab AW Festa when it was everywhere for $40...it was just so dull of a game.

That article reeks of drumming up more of that "gotta catch 'em all!" mentality for Vita games. Games get delisted, and some of those are exclusives. There are means of (illegal) preservation, but there's no need to speculate on further delistings and games to buy because of it.

/rant

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
That article reeks of drumming up more of that "gotta catch 'em all!" mentality for Vita games. Games get delisted, and some of those are exclusives. There are means of (illegal) preservation, but there's no need to speculate on further delistings and games to buy because of it.

/rant

ahahah very true - it just feeds the (annoying) beast.

But it did give me pause on some of the junk I held onto for no reason, like Ben 10 Racing - purely from a "sell it later" POV