Fuck Yeah Vita!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just picked up a Vita in a trade, any strategy rpgs worth picking up on this thing? I picked up the Hyperdimension one back when they clearanced it out and I know of the Asian English Super Robot Wars game, I'll try to pick that up soon. And I have saw a couple of the Disgaea games. Anything else?

If you want to play a SRPG that will kick your ass get Natural Doctrine. It's the mans strategy game.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Forgot i ordered ys origins on ps4 and vita. Just came in the mail a few days ago. Also have the play asia vita version. Prolly going to sell 2 copies off. Anyone know which version is best, ps4 or vita? Or are they pretty much identical?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,

I just got the in stock email. You beat me to posting about it. :) I totally forgot I signed up for the alert. Order placed!

Never heard of mariio128, is it safe?

I ordered from them once before and all went quick and smooth.

In other news my Y's Origin Limited Edition came in yesterday. Everything is coming up Vita lately!

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Does anyone have History Legends War? I'm still trying to figure out if this even came out in America.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Curious if anyone here has bought the Super Robot Wars V english version for Vita? I'm tossing up between the PS4 version and the Vita version, seems more like a portable game but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Back in stock at Play-Asia for those who missed it at Mariio128:
https://sea.play-asia.com/gundam-breaker-3-break-edition-english-subs/13/70b3uv

Edit: Lachlan, Super Robot Wars V runs great on the Vita and it is indeed the type of game that feels better on a handheld (for me at least). You may wanna try SD Gundam G on Vita too; I liked that one better.

Super Robot Wars is great on Vita - slick slick slick production values.

SD Gundam G is also great as said. I totally prefer those types of games on handheld - too much of a time suck to play on the couch when life won't allow it

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Anyone got their limited run ys collectors edition yet. Mine still hasnt even shown as shipping and yet I see tons for way to much on ebay already.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Anyone got their limited run ys collectors edition yet. Mine still hasnt even shown as shipping and yet I see tons for way to much on ebay already.

I got mine last week. I got a shipping notice a week before it actually shipped. I'd drop them an email to see what's going on.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I got mine last week. I got a shipping notice a week before it actually shipped. I'd drop them an email to see what's going on.
Yup I did. I'm so not pleased. I was annoyed when stores around me had the game and yet I live right near limited run games and dont. I personally hate the fucking company and hate when they get things I want.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Anyone else playing Mary Skelter? I'm about 7-8 hrs in and I am digging it, but I am not entirely sure I will finish it. It's like someone took Moe Chronicle and made the maps 500x larger. They can get to be a little overwhelming. I picked up the art book/guide for it on YAJ and judging by the looks of the later maps it gets even more insane.

I dig the vibe of it though. The system with blood spatter and shit is kinda weird and I don't fully understand everything yet. But, it's a solid DRPG

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Anyone else playing Mary Skelter? I'm about 7-8 hrs in and I am digging it, but I am not entirely sure I will finish it. It's like someone took Moe Chronicle and made the maps 500x larger. They can get to be a little overwhelming. I picked up the art book/guide for it on YAJ and judging by the looks of the later maps it gets even more insane.

I dig the vibe of it though. The system with blood spatter and shit is kinda weird and I don't fully understand everything yet. But, it's a solid DRPG

It looks cool and I really want to get it but, the issue I have is every game seem to through in cringe worthy fan service. I dont really wanna play a loli blood rubbing game in front of my wife or family that matter. I virtually never use my actual vita. My wife uses that mostly.

I also finally got my ys origin. So is something wrong with my setup or does this game only support 4:3? Seems like a pretty lazy port to not have widescreen and im sure something must be wrong for me because how could no one mention this?

Edit: no for some reason just the rondo tree at the begining is 4:3 cause they didnt want to go an add more screen to the side when nothing was originally there. Pretty lame and lazy.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
It looks cool and I really want to get it but, the issue I have is every game seem to through in cringe worthy fan service. I dont really wanna play a loli blood rubbing game in front of my wife or family that matter. I virtually never use my actual vita. My wife uses that mostly.

I also finally got my ys origin. So is something wrong with my setup or does this game only support 4:3? Seems like a pretty lazy port to not have widescreen and im sure something must be wrong for me because how could no one mention this?

Edit: no for some reason just the rondo tree at the begining is 4:3 cause they didnt want to go an add more screen to the side when nothing was originally there. Pretty lame and lazy.

weird - I haven't started Ys Origin on my Vita yet

So far there is literally zero fan service in Mary Skelter. I can't say there isn't some later on, but nearly 8 hours in and I've only seen one character with so much as a low cut dress. Jus'sayin

There's no jerking off your vita or spanking girls or any of that shit in this one.

Vita is getting a physical version of Cursed Castilla EX via Play Asia.

Hopefully grabbing that - but I bet they want $125+ for that which sucks

Last edited: