Fuck Yeah Vita!

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I picked up a Vita 3G over Christmas for a steal. I have to admit it has surprisingly become one of my favorite systems, but I wish it was still being fully supported by Sony. I just finished Persona 4 and will either pick up Criminal girls or Danganronpa next. Has anyone played through Danganronpa trigger happy havoc or Criminal girls?

Skip Criminal Girls and wait for the sequel, assuming it ever gets localized. You should pick up Danganronpa though.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing also. EG hates RPGs too zealously to even consider giving this a chance...

To add to what RevQuixo said earlier, many of the games published by NIS America aren't actually developed by NIS. So not liking some of their published games doesn't guarantee that you'll feel the same way about all of them.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Skip Criminal Girls and wait for the sequel, assuming it ever gets localized. You should pick up Danganronpa though.

To add to what RevQuixo said earlier, many of the games published by NIS America aren't actually developed by NIS. So not liking some of their published games doesn't guarantee that you'll feel the same way about all of them.

I've tried a mess of PS3 games they've published and I just couldn't deal with the animeish / magical girl bs crap. If you can point me out to a game that actually isn't all that sugary which is published by them then by all means show me.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I've tried a mess of PS3 games they've published and I just couldn't deal with the animeish / magical girl bs crap. If you can point me out to a game that actually isn't all that sugary which is published by them then by all means show me.

For stuff actually made by NIS, you could check out The Witch and the Hundred Knights, Firefly Diary, and the Prinny platformers.

For stuff only published by them, there's Stranger of Sword City, the Danganronpa games, the What Did I Do To Deserve This My Lord games, and Rodea the Sky Soldier.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Finished Rock Boshers DX on vita last night - also unlocked all the arcade modes. I gotta say, I fucking hate this game, while also not being able to stop playing it. I think that means I liked it?

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Just went to look into a 64gb Vita Memory Card. Why the fuck isn't there an enclosure for a micro SD yet? And why the fuck is a 64gb card $85 the cheapest I can find?

Like come the fuck on man.

So annoying.

And looks like Doom 3 BFG Edition works with remote play. So maybe I'll get it so I can pretend I have that game on the go...

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Just went to look into a 64gb Vita Memory Card. Why the fuck isn't there an enclosure for a micro SD yet? And why the fuck is a 64gb card $85 the cheapest I can find?

Like come the fuck on man.

So annoying.

And looks like Doom 3 BFG Edition works with remote play. So maybe I'll get it so I can pretend I have that game on the go...

The memory cards are the bread and butter of the Vita and basically the only way Sony is really making any money on the system it sounds like. I'd love to have a microSD enclosure too, but it'd probably also kill what remains of the system support.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Finished Rock Boshers DX on vita last night - also unlocked all the arcade modes. I gotta say, I fucking hate this game, while also not being able to stop playing it. I think that means I liked it?

I felt the same way about Steins Gate. But in the end I just couldn't put it down.

Last edited:

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
I picked up a Vita 3G over Christmas for a steal. I have to admit it has surprisingly become one of my favorite systems, but I wish it was still being fully supported by Sony. I just finished Persona 4 and will either pick up Criminal girls or Danganronpa next. Has anyone played through Danganronpa trigger happy havoc or Criminal girls?

If you like rhythm games, and like rogue-lites, check out Crypt of the Necrodancer. I've been playing this for the past week and it's addicting as hell. There is a bit of a learning curve when you first start, but the game was made for the vita IMHO.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Finally gave up and just bought a 64GB card. $80.
ridiculous price per GB at this point.

Last edited:

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Forgive my ignorance, but I own all of 4 Vita games at the moment. What's the memory card useful for?

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Downloading and saving games.

Is that something that's actually attractive for this system? I figured given Sony's apathetic approach to supporting that having physical copies was the way to go and didn't cost much more. Or is it more of a benefit for those with PS Plus? As I've never used that, so I'm not sure how often they hand out Vita titles.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Is that something that's actually attractive for this system? I figured given Sony's apathetic approach to supporting that having physical copies was the way to go and didn't cost much more. Or is it more of a benefit for those with PS Plus? As I've never used that, so I'm not sure how often they hand out Vita titles.

It depends. I am assuming you have a slim model w/ the 1GB storage on board. That is enough if you never plan on downloading anything. OLED model Vita's need a memory card just to save games.

There are also a lot of games that are not available in physical form. Indie titles, PSP/PS1 games, as well as the PS+ titles you mentioned. If you have no interest in these than you should be fine without a memory card.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Forgive my ignorance, but I own all of 4 Vita games at the moment. What's the memory card useful for?

it super easy to lose games and memory cards. I'd rather not have to swap as often.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I received Final Fantasy X-2 and Oreshika Asian English Editions from Heavy-Arm today :)
Bit of a convoluted ordering process in which you have to email them and wait for a paypal invoice (rather than just ordering directly on their site), but everything worked out.