Fuck Yeah Vita!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That didn't do it. More and more I'm starting to understand that you are no ninja...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Please explain the persona game series to me in a way that makes me want to buy it.

The way I see it, they seem very slow paced games set in very non-interesting world. Japanese kids going to school, mixed in with making sandwiches in kitchen ala sims. What? Why do people find this interesting? What am I missing?

474647-persona_4_mara_01.jpg

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I picked up Titan Souls today and killed 5 bosses so far. I am enjoying the free open world, but I would definitely love an overview map.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I picked up Titan Souls today and killed 5 bosses so far. I am enjoying the free open world, but I would definitely love an overview map.

I bought Titan Souls as well. I agree, a map would be nice. It gets old real fast making the trek back to the boss after you die. What bothers me more is the long black screen you get after dying and when you enter a boss room. I spend more time staring at a black loading screen than playing the game. These few issues aside this is a fun game.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I love my vita, but damn, are any good exclusive retail games on the way? I'm looking at the upcoming releases list and don't see anything that catches my eye. Every store I go to has maybe 5 vita games except gamestop. As much as I do love my vita I'm just not feeling like it's anywhere near on par with the excellent PSP. That was a damn good system.

Is the vita dying? I haven seen a new retail elusive in months that looks like a must have.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
What do you mean "dying"? The thing was never really alive to begin with.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Best Buy has Little Deviants for sale online/ in store for $5 , some other Batman games and other titles for $10

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
I guess it depends on the perspective a bit. I saw recently that in Japan (of Course), the Vita has the most announced upcoming titles of any system. Of course, we'll likely not see a lot of these and most of them are going to be niche games, but I think there's still life in the system.

It's still my hands down favorite current gen system. I play it much more than even the home consoles.

jeff10

Kula's Candy
I love my vita, but damn, are any good exclusive retail games on the way? I'm looking at the upcoming releases list and don't see anything that catches my eye. Every store I go to has maybe 5 vita games except gamestop. As much as I do love my vita I'm just not feeling like it's anywhere near on par with the excellent PSP. That was a damn good system.

Is the vita dying? I haven seen a new retail elusive in months that looks like a must have.

I've not found many games I have cared for on my vita hardly play it . I just ordered the JXD 7800B gonna play any game from mostly any system

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Sayanara umihara kawawase comes out on Tuesday...

Best platform fishing game you'll ever play!

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Shovel Knight on Vita is pretty nice. I have it on 3DS, as well, and when comparing the two versions side by side, the Vita is so much more vibrant. It's a pretty big difference.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
OK, has anyone played Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax? This looks interesting. A fighter with Valkyria Chronicles fighters, and music from sonic, nights, etc..

Also, I noticed there are Europe retail releases only for Child of Light, and Little Kings Story. I will be picking these up asap before the price gets ridick.

That Little Kings Story us basically the Wii game, but a whole new story. The wii game was surprisingly a lot of fun. This is a must own for me. I see this game becoming very valuable in the future if we never se a USA release.

Bing147

n00b
Ya, I just picked up Child of Light from Best Buy last week. Only 15.99 with GCU and makes it a very nice deal. Playing it now, very good game.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
The Vita is the handheld I chose and I basically am 50/50 on whether I regret choosing it over the 3DS. On one hand, I can play Darkstalkers anywhere (I could on my PSP too but this is more dynamic) along with most of my favorite PSX titles, namely FFVII/VIII, Tekken 1/2 (why no 3???) and some others. The SNK love is admirable as well, so I got KoF '99 and there's some arcade compilation that has a decent selection that I wanted to get on PSN.

The problem is that I find myself having no interest in any of the big titles for the system. The only physical game I own is FFX Remaster and all it has done is made me realize that I was, in fact, peering through some pretty dense rose-tinted goggles when I originally played through the game (the linearity is almost unbearable). I obviously need to get Persona 4, but I downloaded Persona 3 because someone recommended I play it before 4 due to some preferences I had. I love that game, but haven't immersed myself in it in a while, so I find no big reason to rush for Persona 4 at this time.

I don't know, its definitely a shitty, failed console but people like me who mostly play older games from my generation have got to appreciate it. I chose it as a birthday gift so luckily I didn't spend any money on it.

EDIT: Regarding the Persona/Shin Megami shit, I'd be a lot happier honestly if they put a fucking translated port of the original Super Famicom on PSN. Also it drives me fucking crazy that Super Puzzle Fighter is available, but not for the Vita. There's no reason for that. It's a perfect handheld game.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Vita would be better if it had more Crossbuy with Steam titles. I get most indie games on steam, and I really don't want to pay again on Vita. I understand that would be hard to implement because both Sony and Valve want a cut of the sale.

It's a fantastic indie handheld if you want to pay 2x the Steam price for a game.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
It's a fantastic indie handheld if you want to pay 2x the Steam price for a game.
This actually may be my reason to get into indie gaming since I've never bothered on a PC. Is everything on Steam compatible with the Vita, or have they carefully chosen which titles are or are not available on it?

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
This actually may be my reason to get into indie gaming since I've never bothered on a PC. Is everything on Steam compatible with the Vita, or have they carefully chosen which titles are or are not available on it?

There is no compatability between steam and vita. Vita has crossbuy with ps3/ps4. He was saying he would like some steam crossbuy, but I doubt that would ever happen.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

What Grendelrt said. Steam owners are a bunch of heartless dicks. That will never happen. Now on rare instances if you buy directly on the indie game devs website you might get a drm free version, and access to add the game to your steam library.

The reason is indie game devs pay a fee per sale to have their game on a shop. For example I hear steam collects like 15% or more per sale. So you could imagine this would add up to zero profit fast.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There are sometimes promo's for crossbuy with steam and vita, but it's quite rare. Vita equivalents are almost always far more expensive as well.

The indie scene is strong on PC and Vita. This last PAX east was dominated by indie booths.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

Dungeon Travelers 2. Shit like that and Tokyo Abyss continue to make it a solid system for indies and niche RPGs.