Fuck Yeah Vita!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Getting real sick of gamestop's opened but never used crap. Picked up a "new" copy of Tales of Hearts R there yesterday. Case was sealed with this little sticker thing and when I opened it up I got a cart that looked like someone spilled their coffee all over the cart. I told the guy at the counter I was buying a new copy and not a used one. He says that it is a new copy but they open them up and take the carts out so people can't steal them, plus who cares it's just sticker game should work just fine anyway. After talking with him for half an hour he finally gave in and refunded me the money.
Has anyone else had something similar happen there before?

That place sucks. I still remember the "let's put a sticker on every dvd insert era". I remember arguing with a employee who swore it was absolutely necessary and could give no reason why.

Then I pretty much had it with gaystop when I was the first in the store to pre-order Majora's Mask and got screwed out of the Limited edition because apparently when they learned there would be a limited edition I never answered my phone when they called to ask me if I wanted one. I told the guy at the counter I was the first to pre order and stated if there's ever a special limited edition release I want it. And that they never called me. Then the guy at the counter who I now hate stated "I called everyone and you never answered, besides, it's not the end of the world if you don't get the special edition". I don't even care about the special edition. But it is nice to get one on rare occasions when I really like a game a lot. I seriously just want to punch that guy in the throat every time I see him. With his stupid monotone voice.

I've been going to that gamestop for over a decade, and out of all the stores in Columbus, gamestop is the only store I never make friends in. I am on a first name basis with staff in every other game shop in Columbus. It's like they have to hire ignorant, heartless, nintendo fanboy at every game stop.

Ps. Sorry to those that have worked there. They just piss me off. Ugh...

Last edited:

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I bought a used copy of Need for Speed for PS4. They had like 3 or 4 used boxes on the shelf for it, so I grabbed the nicest looking one and went to buy it. The guy pulls out a used copy from the drawer that's in a generic case with a white paper hand written label and tries to sell me that box. He acted like I was asking him to do a huge annoying favor when I told him I wanted the box I brought up there, too.

I try to buy all of my stuff online, too. I rarely shop at Game Stop. If I buy any kind of cartridge based game (DS, Vita) I always ask to look at the cart before they sell it to me, too.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Gaiz, I'm on the fence. I really want Gravity Daze. Are there any imports worth buying? If I can make a list of 7 games I want I might pick up a used one.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Gaiz, I'm on the fence. I really want Gravity Daze. Are there any imports worth buying? If I can make a list of 7 games I want I might pick up a used one.

Here's what I have on vita, might help you make up your mind:
Gravity Rush*
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Virtue's Last Reward*
Ys Memories of Celceta
Muramasa Rebirth*
Persona 4 Golden*
Freedom Wars*
Tales of Hearts R*
Deception IV: Blood Ties
Dragon's Crown
Soul Sacrifice*
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
FFX/X2 HD
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

*=Recommended games

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Retro City Rampage came in. That game is just packed with so much awesome.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Picked up Sayonara Umihara Kawase in Japan but haven't played it yet. Has more levels and includes the SFC game compared to the 3DS version.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Picked up Sayonara Umihara Kawase in Japan but haven't played it yet. Has more levels and includes the SFC game compared to the 3DS version.

Love that fucking game so much... It's one of the only sfc games I never got rid of.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'm probably one of the few people who actually like the backgrounds and the music in that game :lolz:

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Back during that PSN golden week sale, I ended up getting Project Diva f on a whim, and I've found myself playing the hell out of it for the past week and a half. Forgot how much fun a music/rhythm game can be. Already went and ordered F 2nd off amazon. Has anyone here played either?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Back during that PSN golden week sale, I ended up getting Project Diva f on a whim, and I've found myself playing the hell out of it for the past week and a half. Forgot how much fun a music/rhythm game can be. Already went and ordered F 2nd off amazon. Has anyone here played either?

Yup :D

I bought my vita last christmas with every intention of it being a dedicated Project Diva machine. Catchy music, simple gameplay, long songs (compared to DDR), play for a couple min, or hours. They are the only games I consistently play every week. I've since bought other games for vita, and just never bother with em, if I turn it on, I'm gonna be playing a PD game.

jt, there are some DLC songs for Diva F, they were included on the ps3 version, but you have to buy em for vita :( 5 songs, and 4 of them I really like, one I hate. F2 is also a great game, more of the same, the new gameplay mechanics don't really add anything amazing, but for vita at least you can use the analog sticks to hit the stars (have to use the stupid touch screen for the first game :mad: ) My only gripe about f2 is that they only included about 20 new songs in it and the rest were from the psp versions. Some of the old stuff are pretty good songs and there are a few I hate with a passion. Overall it's a really good game still, but it was a little dissappointing for me, after spending so many hours playing the psp versions, I wanted more NEW songs.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I started playing Criminal Girls last night. It's got a nice charm to it, but the censorship is just laughable. Why even release this?! I will give it 8-10 hours to see if it grabs me, but I just can't help but feel robbed every time I play it. What little hook this game had has been stripped from it. [no pun intended]

I also have been trying my damnedest to get into Borderlands 2...but it's rough.

I'm also knee deep in Soul Sacrifice. I've heard a ton of conflicting reports on whether I should stop and just play Delta or not. Anyone here have an opinion on that matter?

Last edited:

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Yup :D

I bought my vita last christmas with every intention of it being a dedicated Project Diva machine. Catchy music, simple gameplay, long songs (compared to DDR), play for a couple min, or hours. They are the only games I consistently play every week. I've since bought other games for vita, and just never bother with em, if I turn it on, I'm gonna be playing a PD game.

jt, there are some DLC songs for Diva F, they were included on the ps3 version, but you have to buy em for vita :( 5 songs, and 4 of them I really like, one I hate. F2 is also a great game, more of the same, the new gameplay mechanics don't really add anything amazing, but for vita at least you can use the analog sticks to hit the stars (have to use the stupid touch screen for the first game :mad: ) My only gripe about f2 is that they only included about 20 new songs in it and the rest were from the psp versions. Some of the old stuff are pretty good songs and there are a few I hate with a passion. Overall it's a really good game still, but it was a little dissappointing for me, after spending so many hours playing the psp versions, I wanted more NEW songs.

Nice. Prior to playing this, I was indifferent to vocaloid. I knew about it, but didn't really listen to any prior. After playing through it, I'm now a fan. It's definitely pretty catchy tunes.

I actually didn't mind using the touch screen for the first game. Maybe that's due to how super generous the timings were for star notes; I guess I'll have to readjust once F2 gets here. Do you have any particular songs you loved playing in F1? Just about anytime I play, I always find myself gravitating toward MMORPG Addicts Anthem, Tengaku, and NegiPosi*Continues on hard.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Nice. Prior to playing this, I was indifferent to vocaloid. I knew about it, but didn't really listen to any prior. After playing through it, I'm now a fan. It's definitely pretty catchy tunes.

I actually didn't mind using the touch screen for the first game. Maybe that's due to how super generous the timings were for star notes; I guess I'll have to readjust once F2 gets here. Do you have any particular songs you loved playing in F1? Just about anytime I play, I always find myself gravitating toward MMORPG Addicts Anthem, Tengaku, and NegiPosi*Continues on hard.

I was exactly the same, knew of it but didn't listen to it, now It's what I listen to mostly :lolz:. My first exposure to the star notes was on PS3 (the psp games didn't have em) and you have to use the sticks for them, so after playing a ton of F and F2 with the sticks, it is still difficult for me to swipe the screen on vitaF, but it's not too bad.

my F favorites are world's end dancehall, weekender girl, tell your world (one of the DLC songs). My favorite song in the game is World's end umbrella, can never get enough of that one. Honorable mention goes to DYE, love that one as well, and it was the first vocaloid song I'd ever heards, so it was very nice to be able to play it as well! I love the songs you mentioned except for negaposi heh, that one sadistic music factory and rin chan now (also DLC) are the only songs I dislike in the game.

Thought I would also mention, I play on hard, but I cannot play any of the songs on extreme :( not even one.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I was exactly the same, knew of it but didn't listen to it, now It's what I listen to mostly :lolz:. My first exposure to the star notes was on PS3 (the psp games didn't have em) and you have to use the sticks for them, so after playing a ton of F and F2 with the sticks, it is still difficult for me to swipe the screen on vitaF, but it's not too bad.

my F favorites are world's end dancehall, weekender girl, tell your world (one of the DLC songs). My favorite song in the game is World's end umbrella, can never get enough of that one. Honorable mention goes to DYE, love that one as well, and it was the first vocaloid song I'd ever heards, so it was very nice to be able to play it as well! I love the songs you mentioned except for negaposi heh, that one sadistic music factory and rin chan now (also DLC) are the only songs I dislike in the game.

Thought I would also mention, I play on hard, but I cannot play any of the songs on extreme :( not even one.

I mainly like negaposi for it's quirky beat. That song used to kick my ass, but now its the other way around. World's end dancehall was what sold me on the game from the vita demo. The video for it is pretty funny to sit back and watch. I think I also spent a lot of time playing Unhappy Refrain.

I mainly play on hard too. On extreme, I've been able to clear about half of the songs, but yea some of the note charts are just insane. I tried sadistic music factory on extreme... dropped out about 15 seconds into the song :crying:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
PD2 on PSP still has the best songs...all those classics.

Haha Sadistic Music Factory on extreme. ...

The arcade game is pretty hard imo because the buttons are further away and in a row, barely got through Melody on normal.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Flash sale till tomorrow. Stuff like Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta, MK9 for $5.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta are totally worth it at those prices.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Anyone know a good deal on those damn Sony memcards? I have two 4GB ones, and I would really like to just combine everything.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Anyone else pick up Moe Chronicle? I'm about 4 hours in and really digging it. It's goofy as hell with all the fan service and hentai references , but not nearly as explicit as I expected. Fun game!

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Anyone else pick up Moe Chronicle? I'm about 4 hours in and really digging it. It's goofy as hell with all the fan service and hentai references , but not nearly as explicit as I expected. Fun game!

I picked it up, but only played about 15 minutes of it. Seems silly in a good way.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i dont think ive ever properly understood what the playstation TV is and why its something someone should buy

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I dl'd the season 4 pass of pinball arcade and it looks like you have to wait till the season is over to DL the individual tables, amirite?

Tales of Hearts R is very dull and repetitive.