Fuck Yeah Vita!

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
What's the best price on the slim right now, $200? Still seems a bit high.

I'd mail order a refurb OLED Vita from GameStop. They're $150
Their refurb stuff lasts.
It's that or $140 for a refurb/used slim or $170 new for a slim.

I recommend the refurb OLED.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I played a demo of the Guacamelee dev's new game on a slim at Pax and found the ergonomics so much better than my OG model. The screen though...

Just saying if you find yourself a slim used and cheap I wouldn't sneeze at it.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I just grabbed a PS Vita slim from craigslist for $100, looks mint. Apparently you cannot install CFW on a PS3 super slim? I should have read about this. I was hoping to run remote play.

Last edited:

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I'd mail order a refurb OLED Vita from GameStop. They're $150
Their refurb stuff lasts.
It's that or $140 for a refurb/used slim or $170 new for a slim.

I recommend the refurb OLED.

Good to know their 'refurb' isn't just an excuse to charge $10 more. I was eyeing a PSTV on Gamestops website since they accept paypal.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Good to know their 'refurb' isn't just an excuse to charge $10 more. I was eyeing a PSTV on Gamestops website since they accept paypal.

Yeah,
My experience with their refurbs is that they replace the screen casing as opposed to the used you get something with scratches potentially all over it. This was my experience with my PSP 3000. Thing looked mint when I opened it.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I bought a used Vita (OLED model) from Gamestop today during lunch. Needs to be cleaned a little, but the screen is very nice on it. Bought Dragon's Crown and NFS Most Wanted. Was kind of cool that Dragon's Crown was able to download my PS3 save game from the cloud that I last used like 2 years ago. Mostly got the system for PS4 remote play, so hoping testing goes well once I make it home.

Any recommendations on good JRPG's or maybe shmups?

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I bought a used Vita (OLED model) from Gamestop today during lunch. Needs to be cleaned a little, but the screen is very nice on it. Bought Dragon's Crown and NFS Most Wanted. Was kind of cool that Dragon's Crown was able to download my PS3 save game from the cloud that I last used like 2 years ago. Mostly got the system for PS4 remote play, so hoping testing goes well once I make it home.

Nice dude!
Just make sure that the Wifi is not set for power save mode. Checking that option slows the Wifi in order to save on power consumption.
Hope you have PS+ cuz Killzone Mercenary is free right now

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member

On JRPGs, I personally recommend Persona 4 Golden and Ys Memories of Celceta. Shmups: Resogun; it's cross buy with PS3 & PS4, and cross save with the PS3 version. Also if you don't mind a mix of puzzle/platforming with your shooter, I highly suggest Velocity Ultra and Velocity 2X.

Oh, and before I forget: Muramasa Rebirth is gorgeous to view on the OLED screen. I love the game, and most of the DLC for it is pretty awesome too.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I have so many games on my vita to play because of PS+ and I never play them because I dont have space ahha. I keep thinking about buying the 64gb memory card, but I havent been able to force myself to do it, 90 bucks for 64gb is nuts.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I have so many games on my vita to play because of PS+ and I never play them because I dont have space ahha. I keep thinking about buying the 64gb memory card, but I havent been able to force myself to do it, 90 bucks for 64gb is nuts.

Yeah, I think Sony's bullshit with the proprietary memory cards is one of the things that really hurt the Vita. Why they refuse to use MicroSD like every other device on the planet is beyond me.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Yeah, I think Sony's bullshit with the proprietary memory cards is one of the things that really hurt the Vita. Why they refuse to use MicroSD like every other device on the planet is beyond me.

I dont get even with their BS pricing how they havent released the 64gb card in america officially either. Its pretty sad, its an amazing system and they are just letting it die.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member

It sucks but what are you going to do? On the plus side, 64GB is enough space for literally everything you could ever want to have on the system. 16GB isn't large enough if you have downloadable full size games, and the 32GB is still like $70. At that point, it doesn't make sense to not go the extra $20 to double the capacity. I ended up pulling the trigger on a 64GB card, and while it sucked, it was incredibly easy to migrate everything from my old card and I've never had to worry about capacity.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
It sucks but what are you going to do? On the plus side, 64GB is enough space for literally everything you could ever want to have on the system. 16GB isn't large enough if you have downloadable full size games, and the 32GB is still like $70. At that point, it doesn't make sense to not go the extra $20 to double the capacity. I ended up pulling the trigger on a 64GB card, and while it sucked, it was incredibly easy to migrate everything from my old card and I've never had to worry about capacity.

Yeah see I bought a 32gb card a few years ago for some insane price so now I would be doing it again, I will probably just break down and do it eventually.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I kind of want to get either Dracula X Chronicles or Symphony of the Night through PSN to play on my Vita. Does SotN look like ass in both versions? I heard the DXC version is not very crisp looking... and are either of them widescreen mode like the 360/PS3 versions?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Why nobody has made some sort of adapter for using microSD cards instead of the actual cards is beyond me (see psp memory stick to microSD adapters)

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Why nobody has made some sort of adapter for using microSD cards instead of the actual cards is beyond me (see psp memory stick to microSD adapters)

fucking right, that would be 'bout it as fuck.

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy

I think the encryption hasn't been cracked yet. I also don't think MicroSD cards aren't small enough to fit in some sort of enclosure, I'd be all for some weird adapter that just sticks onto the back and has a ribbon cable go into the slot or something. Screw paying $100 for 64 gigs.

For anyone looking for a Vita Newegg is selling the Borderlands 2 bundle on ebay for $170 for the next couple of days.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yeah the original cards are pretty small.
But yeah, the high price for those didn't help the sales.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

I guess there's something called CMA where you can back up your stuff to your computers/Ps3 harddrive.
Bit of a pain but easier than having to download from Sony, one day it won't be up anymore....
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/pstv/cm/index.html

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I kind of want to get either Dracula X Chronicles or Symphony of the Night through PSN to play on my Vita. Does SotN look like ass in both versions? I heard the DXC version is not very crisp looking... and are either of them widescreen mode like the 360/PS3 versions?

Just in case anyone is curious... I bought Dracula X Chronicles and the 2.5d Rondo is actually not terrible. I unlocked SotN, and it plays well but a few of the sound effects are off -- most notably the one that plays when you pick up a max health or max hearts upgrade. Also had some really weird issue where I had my system asleep for a while, came back, and the game was playing fine but all sound effects and music were delayed by about 1.5 seconds. I had to exit back to the main main menu then go back into SotN to fix it. Worth $15? Yeah, if you're a fan of these two games. SotN is a little blurry, especially if you have it stretched, but it's not really annoying and you don't particularly notice it once you get into the game.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If anyone is into pinball, I would check out Rollers of the Realm. Cross saves to PS3, PS4.

It's like puzzle quest, but with pinball.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I tried the Conception II demo and the whole premise is a little too weird for me... You are a male teenager and you have a very high ether count which can be used with a female's "star power". When both are placed in the star womb, you can have star children which fight with you, and they have random stats, etc, based on the female that you "classmate" with which also determines which classes they can be assigned to. How the female feels about you, mood, etc, determines the quality and stats of a star child, so you have to do some date simulation stuff, as well, to make the females like you more. Just can't do this one.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
I tried the Conception II demo and the whole premise is a little too weird for me... You are a male teenager and you have a very high ether count which can be used with a female's "star power". When both are placed in the star womb, you can have star children which fight with you, and they have random stats, etc, based on the female that you "classmate" with which also determines which classes they can be assigned to. How the female feels about you, mood, etc, determines the quality and stats of a star child, so you have to do some date simulation stuff, as well, to make the females like you more. Just can't do this one.
Bought this one (on the 3ds) not knowing what to expect and can say the battle system sucks as well. Other then the ridicules story in the game can't really recommend it either.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Just in case anyone is curious... I bought Dracula X Chronicles and the 2.5d Rondo is actually not terrible. I unlocked SotN, and it plays well but a few of the sound effects are off -- most notably the one that plays when you pick up a max health or max hearts upgrade. Also had some really weird issue where I had my system asleep for a while, came back, and the game was playing fine but all sound effects and music were delayed by about 1.5 seconds. I had to exit back to the main main menu then go back into SotN to fix it. Worth $15? Yeah, if you're a fan of these two games. SotN is a little blurry, especially if you have it stretched, but it's not really annoying and you don't particularly notice it once you get into the game.

I keep it permanently installed on my system for the PCE version of Dracula X. The new one is just so weirdly floaty to me. It is cool seeing the changes they made to the game though, and the fully designed version of the 5' level.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Please explain the persona game series to me in a way that makes me want to buy it.

The way I see it, they seem very slow paced games set in very non-interesting world. Japanese kids going to school, mixed in with making sandwiches in kitchen ala sims. What? Why do people find this interesting? What am I missing?

latest jrpgs that I played through are final fantasy XIII and skies of arcadia (yeah I played that one with dreamcast later than I played FF XIII with ps3) Both of them were good enough for me for a single playthrough but I wouldnt want to do that grinding again for either of them. Liked the world and art style of both quite a lot actually.

anyways, I´m also on the lookout for any turn based strategy game for vita.

Last edited: