Fuck Yeah Vita!

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
My Vita copy of Dariusburst CS finally arrived from Limited Run today. Woo!

Those Gundam games are quite fun. I might have to grab a copy of SD Gundam while the getting is still good.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I think Namco will reprint them eventually. They just reprinted SD Gundam G for Vita, which is probably way more of a hassle to do then the Break Edition. Keep an eye out for them on Mariio128, BuyGame2, etc.

Glad I grabbed SD Gundam G. Let me know if you spot a Gundam Breaker 3 Breaker. I'll check those sites too. Good recommendations!

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Glad I grabbed SD Gundam G. Let me know if you spot a Gundam Breaker 3 Breaker. I'll check those sites too. Good recommendations!

I ordered it on Play Asia with another preorder item and just checked the status, they've replaced it with the reg Gundam Breaker 3.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I thought I broke mine when it wouldnt touchscreen after I polished it because of scratches but it worked the next day ttsia.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I thought I broke mine when it wouldnt touchscreen after I polished it because of scratches but it worked the next day ttsia.

Fascinating post. You thought your Vita was broken but it wasn't. I look forward to the next installment in this series.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

what did you polish it with? A belt sander? How did it get that fucked up in the first place? Sounds like an 8 year old owned it.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
anywhooooo - more important matters.

Does anyone know if Fallen Legion is getting a physical release in Europe?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Need a new JRPG to play after I beat P5, Or can anybody recommend anything new or old?

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Need a new JRPG to play after I beat P5, Or can anybody recommend anything new or old?

literally, throw a dart at a list of the Vita library.

Tokyo Xanadu is heavily influenced by persona, but the dungeons are hack-n-slash, not turn based.

Trails of Cold Steel is amazing

Ys 8 coming out soon

Demon Gaze!

Also piles and piles of others

I highly recommend Tokyo Xanadu though - excellent game

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Sounds like Fallen Legion's Vita version is pretty fucked up right now. Runs badly (and the blocking mechanic is all but required in many of the boss fights, so that would be bad) and it freezes and even will erase some or all of your progress. One youtube reviewer liked it for the most part but had the game freeze at the final boss and then delete his entire file. Seeing all of that was enough to convince me to stick with just the PS4 version for now, though if there's definitive info that the problems have been fixed in the Vita one I would probably get it too. Pretty fun game for how simple the base gameplay is.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
literally, throw a dart at a list of the Vita library.

Tokyo Xanadu is heavily influenced by persona, but the dungeons are hack-n-slash, not turn based.

Trails of Cold Steel is amazing

Ys 8 coming out soon

Demon Gaze!

Also piles and piles of others

I highly recommend Tokyo Xanadu though - excellent game

I've been working on Cold Steel for awhile. I keep getting my ass handed to me by bosses.

Ys 8 looks dope. I'll try it when I get the chance.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Sounds like Fallen Legion's Vita version is pretty fucked up right now. Runs badly (and the blocking mechanic is all but required in many of the boss fights, so that would be bad) and it freezes and even will erase some or all of your progress. One youtube reviewer liked it for the most part but had the game freeze at the final boss and then delete his entire file. Seeing all of that was enough to convince me to stick with just the PS4 version for now, though if there's definitive info that the problems have been fixed in the Vita one I would probably get it too. Pretty fun game for how simple the base gameplay is.

Ooof! that's a bummer. Good to know, because I was close to pulling the hammer.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Is there suppose to be a physical release for fallen legion or wither ps4 or vita?

Also, Under Night in Birth looks promising. Never played this series.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Is there suppose to be a physical release for fallen legion or wither ps4 or vita?

Also, Under Night in Birth looks promising. Never played this series.

Pretty solid series. I have In-Birth Exe:Late on PS3 and it's not too far off of the usual Arc System Works formula. If you like BlazBlue and/or Guilty Gear you'll probably like it.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
So, almost 40hrs dumped into Tokyo Xanadu and I get the bad ending?! WTF?! There is a bad ending....ugh

[puts game back in case forever]

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Cracked open my vita DariusBurst Chronicle Saviors today. Wow! What a shitty port. Game seems great, but no online multi at all that I can see. It just hangs there and no other pilots ever join. Then the text is unreadable. I can't make out a single word of the ship descriptions or in game user interface. This may have to get sold off and I will have to see how the ps4 port plays. I may have to sell both someday after i get an ultra wide pc display. PC might be the only good way to play this game at home. I'm in awe how shitty the vita version is. Maybe after I play the ps4 version and learn what ships are good and get a grip on the game it will be ok. But playing solely on vita is rough.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Cracked open my vita DariusBurst Chronicle Saviors today. Wow! What a shitty port. Game seems great, but no online multi at all that I can see. It just hangs there and no other pilots ever join. Then the text is unreadable. I can't make out a single word of the ship descriptions or in game user interface. This may have to get sold off and I will have to see how the ps4 port plays. I may have to sell both someday after i get an ultra wide pc display. PC might be the only good way to play this game at home. I'm in awe how shitty the vita version is. Maybe after I play the ps4 version and learn what ships are good and get a grip on the game it will be ok. But playing solely on vita is rough.

I honestly haven't played Darius Burst much on Vita. I pop it in from time to time, but I've honestly never dug my teeth in. As a casual player, it seemed fined to me. I'll have to go back to it now with a more scrutinizing eye.

In my quest to find a 3DS game to play, I tossed the system in a drawer and picked up Exist Archive. I know it's gotten mediocre reviews, but holy shit it's pretty. Shockingly so. I'm about an hour and a half in and really loving it.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I honestly haven't played Darius Burst much on Vita. I pop it in from time to time, but I've honestly never dug my teeth in. As a casual player, it seemed fined to me. I'll have to go back to it now with a more scrutinizing eye.

In my quest to find a 3DS game to play, I tossed the system in a drawer and picked up Exist Archive. I know it's gotten mediocre reviews, but holy shit it's pretty. Shockingly so. I'm about an hour and a half in and really loving it.
Exist Archive is only mediocre because its a spiritual successor to the vastly better valkyrie profile games. Its an ok game but the issue is to much back tracking and the stages becoming way to long. I hate being in the same area for over an hour in stage based games. My wife eventually took over after I got bored in 10 hours and she beat it.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Exist Archive is only mediocre because its a spiritual successor to the vastly better valkyrie profile games. Its an ok game but the issue is to much back tracking and the stages becoming way to long. I hate being in the same area for over an hour in stage based games. My wife eventually took over after I got bored in 10 hours and she beat it.

I am realizing this - the game gets dull so fast. Such a shame, considering how good it looks

I guess I need to go back and finish Digimon Cyber Sleuth

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Not sure if you guys are into this kinda game but the Limited Edition is up from Iffy:
http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/MarySkelterNightmaresLE

Also, LimitedRunGames is doing an open preorder for Ys Origins on Friday:
https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-81-ys-origin-vita

Will be up for sales for 24 hours, so bloodbath should be minimal.

I preordered Mary Skelter, but not LE...I don't need any more CD soundtracks hahah

I will probably bite/double dip on Ys origin - never finished the digital copy I have, but it's good and I need to. Is LRG doing an LE for it?

Also, is YIIK ever coming out?!

Last edited:

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Just dumped 128GB worth of games on vita. Grand Kingdom and Demon Gaze are fun, but Demon Gaze is kicking my ass at the MARS demon... so I know I'm missing obvious play mechanics.