Fuck Yeah Vita!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
so whats the deal with Chaos Rings? Is it still the first 3 games are only for download if you have an asian account - and the the 3rd/4th game is not subbed at all?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Dokuro & Orgarythm are both fully in English and are Japanese releases.

and let's not forget the physical release of Final Fantasy X2 for Asian markets.

Oh and the J-Stars Vs + game was released in Asia & Europe on physical...digital only for us.

Incidently SSD, Oreshika, FFX2 and others are starting to pop-iup on eBay through this seller:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/vgasia

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
It's really disappointing that Sony's abandoned the Vita. Even Gamestop/EB Games is getting out of carrying everything related to it now; in Canada, they don't even take trades anymore for the system or games. I learned about this from a manager when I had the news broken to me that there would be no physical release of J-Stars, which was a piss off. I ended up getting it on PS4, but I really wanted to be able to play it on the go, and I refuse to buy a digital game that's had a physical release in other territories and costs 40-50$
10$ is the most I'll pay for a game that isn't physically there.

I really wish Sony would get behind the Vita, it's such an amazing little system :(

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Final got oreshika 2 today. Put a few hours in it. Definitely not a standard rpg like I thought. It's more like Final Fantasy My Life as King on the wii if you ever played that. Except you actually control the party and go raid dungeons. It's pretty in depth. There's this mating system where you bang gods if you earn enough devotion by Killin enemies within a 2 year period. The more you kill the better God you get get busy with. It's pretty funny cause when you get busy you see this bright light by your nut sack.

I haven't decided if I like the game yet, but I'm thinking I will.

Sucks the vita is pretty much done. Guess I will collect the few remaining games I want, especially the Asia English exclusives, and keep an eye on the new ones.

Anyone else play oreshika that wants to lend some tips? The learning curve is pretty moderate. But not too terrible.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I'm put about 4 hours into Oreshika back when the digital release came out. I do recall being overwhelmed with details and options. But thankfully, you can let the game control and plan your month. I think you could theoretically just play through on autopilot that way. I will revisit it once I finish Operation Abyss.

All this talk of the Vita being "done"...I agree it's done in the West for sure, but it seems to be alive and kicking in japan. Their are a few action titles coming out which the language barrier won't kill and the absolute onslaught of RPGs will more than likely see a few choice cuts get localized proper or get subbed releases in Asia. There is a huge list that of games that is going to get pumped out next year. Tons to look forward too. More than I will ever have the time to play. So, for me - it's far from done.

I want Ray Gigant in English...BAD

red shoe paul

Stakes Winner
15 Year Member
Picked up a Vita earlier this month since Taiko No Tatsujin doesn't run on PlayStation TV. Have quite a huge backlog of games since collecting when the console launched. Hot Shots Golf, DJ MAX Technika Tune, Super Monkey Ball, Resistance, and The Wolf Among Us then Persona 4: Dancing All Night coming in September.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
recomends to me of 2 choices

so I should get metal gear or persona 4?
played shin megami on ds is this persona like that? maybe won't even like 3d for it? some vids show tons of hanging out...not battles or monster building? played nes metal gear and something on psx I think. saw a jungle part looked pretty sweet?

or maybe Sega Genesis Collection ( since I should play sonic sometime?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Anyone importing Ray Gigant? Really hoping an English version comes out at some point. It looks incredible. Half wondering if the menus can be set to English in the Jpn version...I know, I'm dreaming.

1281948015263329893.gif

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Anyone importing Ray Gigant? Really hoping an English version comes out at some point. It looks incredible. Half wondering if the menus can be set to English in the Jpn version...I know, I'm dreaming.

1281948015263329893.gif

Looks dope as fuck...

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The Vita is my go-to Pinball Arcade machine right now. I gave up on Mind = 0, as it was just a poor man's Persona clone.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
in case anyone cares - SOA Hollow Fragment was updated and the translation is much better

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Anyone play Uncharted? Just saw it at target for $11, didn't pull trigger.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
The Vita could have been an amazing console. Too bad it was never fully supported. Sony really missed the boat with their portable console and cell phone line-up. Portable gaming could have been theirs for the taking, but they dropped the ball.

fluxcore

Another Striker
I lent my Steins;gate to a friend, who thoroughly enjoyed it, gets a few good discussions afterwards as well.

Definitely should be picked up by people who aren't allergic to visual novels.

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
I know a lot of people think the Vita is done for but honestly even without Sony's direct support the third parties are really making this a handheld worth owning. I placed my first order for imports not too long ago and got IA/VT, Moe Chronicles, and Dokuro.

I guess the thing is you need to enjoy niche genres to get the full use out of the Vita. Wish I understood JP so I could take advantage of all the extra games they're getting.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I know a lot of people think the Vita is done for but honestly even without Sony's direct support the third parties are really making this a handheld worth owning. I placed my first order for imports not too long ago and got IA/VT, Moe Chronicles, and Dokuro.

I guess the thing is you need to enjoy niche genres to get the full use out of the Vita. Wish I understood JP so I could take advantage of all the extra games they're getting.

totally agree - its getting more new releases than any system out right now it seems. But like you said, all niche and RPG for the most part.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

1281948015263329893.gif

Holy ass shit does that look fun. Hope the US gets it.

*nods head in agreement*

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
totally agree - its getting more new releases than any system out right now it seems. But like you said, all niche and RPG for the most part.

On physical formats yeah. There's a better mix if you're ok with digital. I always go with physical when there's the option.

I'm so backed up on all my consoles the last thing I should be buying is more RPG's...

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
I'm so backed up on all my consoles the last thing I should be buying is more RPG's...
This. Everything I want on the Vita is a RPG. Which is also the last thing I should be buying seeing as I have 50+ games to beat yet.

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
This. Everything I want on the Vita is a RPG. Which is also the last thing I should be buying seeing as I have 50+ games to beat yet.

Hate to even check, I'm probably twice that on all my active consoles. I guess what makes me nervous is that if I don't buy these Vita games now they might be unavailable later.