Fuck Yeah Vita!

geise

Mickey's Coach
It really isn't that difficult. Just have OFW at 3.60 (or 3.65 if you wait long enough).

You can already update Enso CFW to 3.65 now. Kernal exploits are going to be available for 3.67 and 3.68 on July 1st. The problem with the new exploits are that you have to apply the exploit every time you reboot or turn off your machine. Enso CFW will not work on it, but you can still have full kernal access and do pretty much everything you can on 3.60 and 3.65.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
You can already update Enso CFW to 3.65 now. Kernal exploits are going to be available for 3.67 and 3.68 on July 1st. The problem with the new exploits are that you have to apply the exploit every time you reboot or turn off your machine. Enso CFW will not work on it, but you can still have full kernal access and do pretty much everything you can on 3.60 and 3.65.

Or stick to 3.65 CFW with permanent Enso, and get maidumps/NPS games that allow <3.67/8 games to run on 3.65.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Got super lucky on lrg. Missed the first batch, but was able to snag limited combo of va11 and rom on 2nd batch

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Got super lucky on lrg. Missed the first batch, but was able to snag limited combo of va11 and rom on 2nd batch

I grabbed the standard versions. The extra limited ones looked cool, but they didn't come with anything I wanted. I have too much crap as it is.

Love that VA-11 soundtrack. Picked up the vinyl a few months back and I listen to it all the time.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The Vinyl soundtrack sold out almost immediately. Seems like people really wanted that.
I did break down and pick up the vita copies. Should be a good enough excuse to play through them fully.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Finally got to hack my slim that was sitting at 3.65 and what a difference this'll make. Loaded on Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast to test out Adrenaline 6.61, spent a ton of time with that game years ago.

Time to actually use this Vita, memory cards are expensive and games aren't far off let alone the download only titles and needing multiple accounts to get the games you want. Top that off with not being able to switch between accounts easily and shit I'm surprised it didn't end up in the bin.

JoeAwesome

Is that a thing? Last I heard you could make the dumps but not actually play them because they require higher firmware.

Let me clarify. I meant to say I would use NPS for current CFW, but afaik, maidumps are the only way to play games on lower firmware than they require. However, you can only be a few (one?) firmwares behind, and maidumps reportedly have save issues and other glitches.

Edit: I'm reading it's not possible for 3.68 games to be dumped, so it would be more for 3.67 games on my 3.65 CFW.

Double edit: Info is moving quickly. Supposedly, there will be a way for 3.68 games to work on 3.65, but the release will come in a few days.

Finally got to hack my slim that was sitting at 3.65 and what a difference this'll make. Loaded on Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast to test out Adrenaline 6.61, spent a ton of time with that game years ago.

Time to actually use this Vita, memory cards are expensive and games aren't far off let alone the download only titles and needing multiple accounts to get the games you want. Top that off with not being able to switch between accounts easily and shit I'm surprised it didn't end up in the bin.

Sony didn't care to put much effort into the Vita for most of its life.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

Anyone got ideas for a cheap grip/trigger case for a 1000? I see the HORI ones on Amazon, but I'm not looking to shell out $40+ for some plastic molding. It doesn't need to necessarily have l3/r3 triggers, but l2/r2 would be nice. How about a recommendation for a rubber case?

I've basically have a USB cable with my Vita, and no other accessories. Anything I should look for besides a case and an official charger?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Anyone got ideas for a cheap grip/trigger case for a 1000? I see the HORI ones on Amazon, but I'm not looking to shell out $40+ for some plastic molding. It doesn't need to necessarily have l3/r3 triggers, but l2/r2 would be nice. How about a recommendation for a rubber case?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Upgrade-L2-R...722012?hash=item33e8b8431c:g:MP4AAOSwIDZbM5J9

IMG_20180704_110012572~01.jpg

This is what I use plus the opptional l3/r3 buttons on the button. Both button setups work great except the case is hard to get off because the l3/r3 buttons stick to the bottom of the vita.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I can't seem to use that item number on Ebay. How should I search for it?

JoeAwesome

Thanks! I had seen trigger grips like that before. I guess I'm just surprised molded plastic goes for that much. You'd think someone would come out with a cheaper solution (yes, even cheaper than the Chinese).

JoeAwesome

Well, my v3 SD2Vita came in, and I got it all loaded up how I wanted it. ~$28 for 128gb of storage- plenty for all my storage needs on it.

JoeAwesome

Yeah, they announced it was Bastion on FB today. I'm passing, sick of rebuying games I already have just for the plastic

I only have about 6 LRG releases, including PS4. I'm glad I didn't get sucked into it like others.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I only have about 6 LRG releases, including PS4. I'm glad I didn't get sucked into it like others.

I'm probably about the same. Maybe picked up a few I really didn't need to. There is one for the switch I am hoping to get, but was very limited on what I picked up for the Vita.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Muv Luv is scheduled to arrive on my doorstep tomorrow...just in time for me to not care anymore

JoeAwesome

I feel the same way pixeljunkie. I haven't even redeemed the digital copies, yet. I honestly might wash my hands of it when it comes.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I've been Muv Luving like a fiend for the past month. Alternative is one long assed game. It would have much better pacing if they eliminated the flash backs and the endlessly boring internal monologues.