Fuck Yeah Vita!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Yes, it's a different game. Origin was released on PC a few years back.

heavily tempted - but I bought it digital and while I really like it, not sure I NEED a collector's copy

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
There is also talk that LimitedRun Games is going to put out a US version of Ys Origin working with DotEmu. All conjecture for now, but still a possibility.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
What's with NIS lately? All their games used to be C grade weeabo garbage. They're getting the Ys game, there was Rodea on WiiU/Wii, and they're publishing the new Culdcept game on 3DS.

Last edited:

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
I never really thought much of the PS Vita before but after reading through a good portion of this thread and watching some videos on it, finally it seems like a worthwhile buy for me. Prices look reasonable to me (memory cards aside). An added benefit is it should help pass the time and let me catch up on some games I missed out on, while on my daily grind aka 2.5 hour commute.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I never really thought much of the PS Vita before but after reading through a good portion of this thread and watching some videos on it, finally it seems like a worthwhile buy for me. Prices look reasonable to me (memory cards aside). An added benefit is it should help pass the time and let me catch up on some games I missed out on, while on my daily grind aka 2.5 hour commute.

if you are at all into JRPGs it's a treasure trove...but the AAA stuff from early in the system's life is also rad.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
if you are at all into JRPGs it's a treasure trove...but the AAA stuff from early in the system's life is also rad.

The early AAA stuff was the best the system had to offer imo. Jrpgs are not what they use to be and are all dungeon crawlers these days. Great if thats what your into!

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
The early AAA stuff was the best the system had to offer imo. Jrpgs are not what they use to be and are all dungeon crawlers these days. Great if thats what your into!

yes and yes - I think there are some SOLID RPGs on the system though. The dungeon crawlers are abundant, but most are good if you are into it. Digimon Cyber Sleuths is great and Super Robot Wars V is about as AAA as you get from japan. The level of polish on that game will make your eyes bleed. My point being, is there is tons of variety in the genre on there. Something for everyone.

Toukiden 2 is apparently super open world as well, which I know people are into and might as well be a AAA title as well. Ys 8 is gonna be amazing...it's overwhelming

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Damn Super Robot Wars V goes for $76 on amazon. Is it really worth it?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I think it's time people post some pics of their collection! I will snap some pics tomorrow when I am off work. But I know RevQuixo And ColoradoRockies have some mean collections to show off. I have been fighting the temptation to buy that Soul Sacrifice LE system bundle lately.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I'd like to see your collection pixel. I'll post mine one of these days too even though I'll get flamed for it's autistic ways :keke:. That Soul Sacrifice Vita bundle is awesome, good luck in your search. There are actually 2 different versions of it; the JP one and an Asian English one.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I'd like to see your collection pixel. I'll post mine one of these days too even though I'll get flamed for it's autistic ways :keke:. That Soul Sacrifice Vita bundle is awesome, good luck in your search. There are actually 2 different versions of it; the JP one and an Asian English one.

I'm gonna scrape everything off the shelves and do a tower of power pic soon. hahah

I've noticed new soul sacrifice system bundles are impossible to find lately.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman

Get Hot Shots! Other than NTM, it's my favorite golf game.

I think Vita's "secret" strength is fighters...the dpad works really well for them and there's a ton of good games to pick from between PSP/Vita releases.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Origin is also on PSP, right?
(not sure if it's the same game but PSP version is 1&2 together)

You're confusing Origin and Chronicles.

Ys Chronicles is Ys I & II and was released for a lot of stuff, but more recently on DS and then PSP. It's the original games remastered.

Ys Origins is a new title that takes place chronologically before I & II, it doesn't even have Adol in it.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
You're confusing Origin and Chronicles.

Ys Chronicles is Ys I & II and was released for a lot of stuff, but more recently on DS and then PSP. It's the original games remastered.

Ys Origins is a new title that takes place chronologically before I & II, it doesn't even have Adol in it.

Thanks!!!!!!

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Anyone interested in a PSTV, Amazon has them on sale for $45 at the moment. Not the lowest price, but with recent hacks, I can't see them getting cheaper. Unless you get a returned unit, they're guaranteed to have firmware low enough to install Henkaku if that's your thing.

There was plenty of time over the last 2 years to get PSTVs for cheap. If they're getting more expensive, it's not because of the hacks; it's because of reselling.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Very nice! I had to relocate the limited editions i have since they take up so much room.

Here's a quick and dirty pic:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Ugh, forgot the pic. What a friggin noob.

63da97acf4972dbc5d1b44da9f15ba36.jpg

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Very nice! I've totally turned into a Vita collectard. It's getting a bit crazy.

the sad thing is, I wasn't even consciously trying to "collect" for it. I've just always viewed it as a system that will go down in history similar to the TG16 - not being appreciated until years later and the games I am even halfway wanting will cost and arm and a leg. So, I just started buying games thinking "I will want this later"...then BAM! Shelf full of stuff. I just realized I have a handful of games on load to my sister at the moment too.

I had Ar Nosurge, but since I finished it I couldn't resist the temptation to sell it for almost $200. Crazy! [This only reinforced my decision to buy games I might want]