Fuck Yeah Vita!

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Just picked up the Vita Slim and it's an absolute dream.

Initially picked it up to be a super bad-ass PSP. Kenka Bancho looks and plays pretty damn nice with the analog stick and the Capcom Classics Remix pairs nicely with the Vita's d-pad.

First Vita game I tried was Toukiden and it's pretty damn good, I'm going to check out Ys next.

Is Senran Kagura worth checking out from a gameplay standpoint? Looks like a pretty slick beat 'em up.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Ys is awesome you won't be disappointed with that. Never played Senran Kagura but it looks interesting, not sure how it plays.

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
Vita love is strong, check out Persona 4 Golden if you're into JRPGs. Freedom Wars is a solid hunter type in a similar vein as Toukiden. I've been playing a lot of PS1 titles on the Vita 2000 and it's been amazing. I know the old unit has a more vibrant screen but I'd gladly trade color saturation for ergonomics.

Recommendation list

P4G
Freedom Wars
Muramasa Rebirth
Gravity Rush
Metrico
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
Luftrausers

Man I wish it wasn't 5am here, I'd have a lot more recommendations.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Senran Kagura...a slick beat'em up?

Dragon's Crown or GTFO, mang!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Congrats Splitt, I love the Vita. Though a far cry from the PSP, it's still got a good library.

I'll echo Magician in that you need Dragon's Crown (unless you got your fill already on the PS3 version).

Senran Kagura is enjoyable, but I prefer a traditional side scroller like DC. I'm actually contemplating unloading my Senran Kagura as well as some other Vita games, PM me if you're interested and we can chat and maybe meet up like last time.

Also, I believe Gamestop has reduced their price on the LE for Senran Kagura to $40 now. Good price for the package.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
senran kagura is fun imo if you look at it like a power stone-ish style beat em up. that being said, ive spent less than 10 hours playing it total. too many other vita games to play!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Capcom Classics Remix pairs nicely with the Vita's d-pad.

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time playing Final Fight and the various Street Fighters on those collections. The Vita's d pad is awesome for those games.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I just started Tearaway, and I have to say this has been pleasantly surprising. The paper graphics are very well done, and the mechanics don't feel gimmicky.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
The slim is garbage, why did you buy that?

Yeah, the slim is not a bad unit at all. No OLED screen but unless you've got the two right next to each other you can barely tell the difference.

Plus with Amazon dropping the price on the Vita even more it's a great time to pick up a system.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
If you're a Kamitani fan, definitely pick up Dragon's Crown (the Vita version is better than the PS3 version) and Muramasa Rebirth and its amazing DLC. If you like F-Zero style racing, Wipeout 2048 is also extremely good.

matt5cott

n00b
Original vita owner here, I love it and always have!

Everybodys Golf
Spelunky
Hotline Miami 1/2

All superb, and the PS plus content for vita is excellent :)

*and you can remote play your ps4 when taking a dump, what's not to like.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Just picked up the Vita Slim and it's an absolute dream.

Initially picked it up to be a super bad-ass PSP. Kenka Bancho looks and plays pretty damn nice with the analog stick and the Capcom Classics Remix pairs nicely with the Vita's d-pad.

First Vita game I tried was Toukiden and it's pretty damn good, I'm going to check out Ys next.

Is Senran Kagura worth checking out from a gameplay standpoint? Looks like a pretty slick beat 'em up.

Senran Kagura falls more in line with musou (dynasty warriors). For a decent experience, this game can tide you over, especially if you are a fan of the anime series. Otherwise, stick with dynasty warriors. For a great beat'em up... get Dragon's Crown. There are some slight framerate issues, but it's not a dealbreaker by any means.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I chose the matte finish, usb charging and ergonomics over the oled. I figured the lcd was also a better choice for psp and ps1 games.

I have both and prefer the slim, hands down. The battery on the original is pure shit.

Demon Gaze is a great JRPG dungeon crawler, the Ninja Gaiden's are good. Killzone Mercenaries is a MUST. Too much to list, great system.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd like to try the slim. I have a launch model, but may sacrifice the OLED display for all the reasons Splitt mentions. With the exception of the original PSP Sony handhelds usually have great LCDs in them.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
I haven't played my Vita in a while, is this system pretty much dead? An Indie console at this point?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Sony has pretty much given up on it. Buy it for niche titles it offers...that means japanese stuff.

Had no idea about the USB charging part...that would almost be a reason to switch. Almost.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I actually compared the two side by side and prefer the slim.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Dope ass system. Currently play Pinball Arcade and Tales of Hearts R on it and love it!