Fuck Yeah Vita!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
i really need to finish Digimon - wanna play Hacker's Memory

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Anybody here have experience with PSTV on a PVM?

Ive been running it through a cheapo Chinese HDMI to YPbPr transcoder i got on ebay with iffy results. it feels pretty laggy and the picture seems a bit off but i cant put my finger on it.

Vita games (Persona 4) look good but PSP games (Alpha 3, MMX, Power Stone so far....) look kind of blurry. Really not digging how blurry Alpha 3 looks in particular. Has anyone here screwed around with an SLG and transcoding on PSTV? I was thinking about getting a lower latency transcoder and chaining it this component SLG and hoping it will improve image and performance.

http://arcadeforge.net/Scaler-and-Strike-Devices/SLG-HD=-YUV-Edition::97.html

Not sure if it'll work though

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Anybody here have experience with PSTV on a PVM?

Ive been running it through a cheapo Chinese HDMI to YPbPr transcoder i got on ebay with iffy results. it feels pretty laggy and the picture seems a bit off but i cant put my finger on it.

Vita games (Persona 4) look good but PSP games (Alpha 3, MMX, Power Stone so far....) look kind of blurry. Really not digging how blurry Alpha 3 looks in particular. Has anyone here screwed around with an SLG and transcoding on PSTV? I was thinking about getting a lower latency transcoder and chaining it this component SLG and hoping it will improve image and performance.

http://arcadeforge.net/Scaler-and-Strike-Devices/SLG-HD=-YUV-Edition::97.html

Not sure if it'll work though

I use a crt and the vita looks amazing on it due to its lack of resolution it kinda looks like shit on a lcd or any larger size tv. The issue with ps1 or psp games is that they're not properly scaled and therefore look stretched in all sorts of odd ways. I'd recommend a widescreen hd crt as your best option and just avoid anything other than vita games on a pstv.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
nah man i have enough CRTs as it is. Plus arent HD CRTs laggy?

The thing is, the PSTV offers 480p 720p and 1080i which my PVM supports.

Im mainly intersted in 4:3 anyways and while 4:3 does look a tiny bit off, its good enough for me. Plus the PSTV has adjustments for correcting the image so you dont get too much overscan. 720p looks good but its got crazy black borders. Im not at all interested in 1080i so i havent even tried it.

I have no interest in PS1 support on this. Mainy just want it for PSP games on CRT. Vita games I can go either way.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I haven't bought any plastic crap in almost a year, but Vita games are making it real tough lately.
I might break down for the release of VA-11 HALL-A

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night:

I'm looking on the kickstart page and it says it will be released on Vita, with bonus exclusive Vita content. None of the backer tiers mention a physical Vita version as an option.

This is obviously a must own.

Anyone know how to get this? Cause I really want the kickstart extra content and the Vita exclusive content.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night:

I'm looking on the kickstart page and it says it will be released on Vita, with bonus exclusive Vita content. None of the backer tiers mention a physical Vita version as an option.

This is obviously a must own.

Anyone know how to get this? Cause I really want the kickstart extra content and the Vita exclusive content.

No idea at this point we have been talking about this a bit earlier. I did back it and am getting it for the vita, a few others are as well.

Edit: it looks like you can still back it and get the backer tier of your choice. It also does say that all the backer tiers come with physical copies. $125 and up get a digital copy as well as a physical.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
No idea at this point we have been talking about this a bit earlier. I did back it and am getting it for the vita, a few others are as well.

Edit: it looks like you can still back it and get the backer tier of your choice. It also does say that all the backer tiers come with physical copies. $125 and up get a digital copy as well as a physical.

Allright, thanks. Guess I will just back for a physical PS2 version, and hope the Vita version becomes an option.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
So I just pretty much finished up my complete "gamestop" retail list of vita games (170 approximately). Should I go for America rarities, such a games only released online but still physically. Or should I go for Japanese / Asian games that I actually want that didnt get use releases?

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
If I were you I’d go for what you want to play. I think a lot of the LRG releases will fall in price as so many were bought by speculators, plus the games don’t always seem to be that great

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Yeah I say just go with what interests you. There's like 30-40 Asian English exclusives (many of which are great games). Play-Asia's exclusives are a pretty good deal for what you're getting.

And few dozen PAL exclusives, many are trash like Invizimals, Phineas & Ferb, Pets, etc but there are some good ones like God Eater 2 and WRC 4.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Yeah I think i'll get the Japanese release of Hotline Miami and Skullgirls. Both of those seem awesome and baffling why they didnt receive us releases. Right now i'm trying to play som but, the frame rate isnt that great on the vita.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Yeah I think i'll get the Japanese release of Hotline Miami and Skullgirls. Both of those seem awesome and baffling why they didnt receive us releases. Right now i'm trying to play som but, the frame rate isnt that great on the vita.

Hotline Miami bummed me out because only the first game is on the cart - second game is DLC :(

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There's a number of game kickstarters that probably wont deliver Vita versions at this rate.
It's the same story for WiiU versions. No one is going to make a WiiU version when the development is so far behind.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
There's a number of game kickstarters that probably wont deliver Vita versions at this rate.
It's the same story for WiiU versions. No one is going to make a WiiU version when the development is so far behind.

Well with the bloodstaind Kickstarter they opted out after the fundraiser to make it for the switch. The WiiU was on it's way out at the time and switch was not announced yet.

We are still getting a vita version.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

I'm expecting Muv-Luv to pull through. I think cart production is supposed to take place in March.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone playing A Certain Magical Virtual On? Very tempted to pick it up.

edit: I set the PS4 demo to download, will try it out tonight and post some impressions tomorrow.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Anyone playing A Certain Magical Virtual On? Very tempted to pick it up.

edit: I set the PS4 demo to download, will try it out tonight and post some impressions tomorrow.

I was about to post about this too - very curious. Looks pretty good.