Fuck Yeah Vita!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Dungeon Travelers 2. Shit like that and Tokyo Abyss continue to make it a solid system for indies and niche RPGs.

THIS! I can't wait for Tokyo Abyss...Demon Gaze was like crack.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
THIS! I can't wait for Tokyo Abyss...Demon Gaze was like crack.

Demon gaze... I'm a huge dungeon Explorer fan. This game has been on my radar for awhile. Nice to see someone praising it. I was worried it would be as bad as class of heroes 2. That game was pure garbage.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Demon gaze... I'm a huge dungeon Explorer fan. This game has been on my radar for awhile. Nice to see someone praising it. I was worried it would be as bad as class of heroes 2. That game was pure garbage.

i lose interest in most RPGs after about 10 hrs. i've put 60hrs into Demon Gaze.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I couldn't think of the name earlier- Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is another Vita exclusive that's worth playing. It play FAR differently than pretty much anything else I can think of, and the story is decent.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I got the SNK arcade collection vol 1 thing today. Awesome. Sengoku.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Been playing Soul Sacrifice.
Just took down the Chimera at the end of "Fading Humanity".

Had to sacrifice a rando NPC and broken 2 of my offerings, but I did it with Divine Sorcerer ranking and destroyed all cursed parts. Yay for Stone+Venom!
I also only had a small sliver of HP left at the end.

VERY satisfying.

edit: Not Chimera, Cerberus.
It reminded me of the chimera enemies from FFX though.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Been playing Soul Sacrifice.
Just took down the Chimera at the end of "Fading Humanity".

Had to sacrifice a rando NPC and broken 2 of my offerings, but I did it with Divine Sorcerer ranking and destroyed all cursed parts. Yay for Stone+Venom!
I also only had a small sliver of HP left at the end.

VERY satisfying.

i need to get this

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Kiind of a weird one, but Gamestop has Terraria up for pre-order at 19.99. They also seem to be exclusively getting (in the US at least) Disney Infinity 2.0 for those interested.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Demon Gaze is $12 on PSN this week [for PSPlus]

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Yup, have been eyeing Demon Gaze for a while but it's still like $33 for a new copy everywhere. Scooped that shiz up on PSN.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
My copy of Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines came in from PlayAsia on Saturday.
Played it a bit today. It's a neat little traditional RPG. Very anime, so don't play it unless you like moe culture and anime stuff.

The Japanese voice cast is good stuff though.
I swear that Minami Takayama does the voice of the god who narrates the intro/red headed god character.

The basic premise is that you make a character as the progenitor of a clan that was all murdered cursed to only live 2 years after adulthood, and cannot reproduce with anyone except other cursed clans or gods.
You play over several generations, gaining favors of gods or goddesses to further your line until you can take revenge on the person who killed/cursed you.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Picked up a Playstation TV this weekend and promptly returned it.

I can live with some of my Vita games not working with it, but half my PSP library wouldn't work! Not to mention, PSP games look like shit. (figured they would)

I'll buy when it hits 20 bucks, otherwise it's a waste of an HDMI port.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
if you had 3.20 firmware on that Vita TV and a PS3, you could have run eCFW on that Vita TV and gotten the entire PSP library working.

Personally, I own too many UMDs, so I'm hacking together a consolized PSP.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Ys is awesome you won't be disappointed with that. Never played Senran Kagura but it looks interesting, not sure how it plays.

Ys the sole reason I keep buying Sony Handhelds. I don't think I own any other store bought titles for these systems.
Although Street Fighter Alpha Max is probably the best SF portable availible.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
if you had 3.20 firmware on that Vita TV and a PS3, you could have run eCFW on that Vita TV and gotten the entire PSP library working.

Personally, I own too many UMDs, so I'm hacking together a consolized PSP.

this interests me...off to google!

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Getting real sick of gamestop's opened but never used crap. Picked up a "new" copy of Tales of Hearts R there yesterday. Case was sealed with this little sticker thing and when I opened it up I got a cart that looked like someone spilled their coffee all over the cart. I told the guy at the counter I was buying a new copy and not a used one. He says that it is a new copy but they open them up and take the carts out so people can't steal them, plus who cares it's just sticker game should work just fine anyway. After talking with him for half an hour he finally gave in and refunded me the money.
Has anyone else had something similar happen there before?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Getting real sick of gamestop's opened but never used crap. Picked up a "new" copy of Tales of Hearts R there yesterday. Case was sealed with this little sticker thing and when I opened it up I got a cart that looked like someone spilled their coffee all over the cart. I told the guy at the counter I was buying a new copy and not a used one. He says that it is a new copy but they open them up and take the carts out so people can't steal them, plus who cares it's just sticker game should work just fine anyway. After talking with him for half an hour he finally gave in and refunded me the money.
Has anyone else had something similar happen there before?

hahahah ohhh yes. For years now. I quit buying games from there, and the rare times I do I always ask if they've opened it and if they say yes - I pass.

The good news is, they will be out of business soon anyway. Physical media is dead.