Fuck Yeah Vita!

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
weird - I haven't started Ys Origin on my Vita yet

So far there is literally zero fan service in Mary Skelter. I can't say there isn't some later on, but nearly 8 hours in and I've only seen one character with so much as a low cut dress. Jus'sayin

There's no jerking off your vita or spanking girls or any of that shit in this one.

Hopefully grabbing that - but I bet they want $125+ for that which sucks
You sure?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
In my super unpopular opinion I rather them just remove those elements all together when bringing it to the US.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
In my super unpopular opinion I rather them just remove those elements all together when bringing it to the US.

eh - they don't bother me. They're all just so silly it's extremely hard for me to find any of it offensive. My wife thankfully shares that opinion.

I feel like the 3DS exists as an antidote to the repressed sexuality that is Vita hahah

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Play-Asia is doing a preorder for Cursed Castilla for the Vita. Sign up for the preorder is on their website right meow.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Ordered. Got the PS4 release for a friend's birthday present, so it'll be nice to check this one out for myself.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Demon Gaze 2 comes out today, I guess? Fuck, I've barely scratched the surface on Marky Skelter...plus Summon Night 6....headsplode

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Same here, my order of DG2 and SN6 came in, but I haven't even opened Bad Apple Wars or Gundam.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Demon Gaze 2 comes out today, I guess? Fuck, I've barely scratched the surface on Marky Skelter...plus Summon Night 6....headsplode
Im rather enjoying summon night 6 but, its way to easy and its system is effortlessly exploitable. I took a break and beat sonic forces one night but, I feel like i'll actively get back on it.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Who else is playing Mary Skelter?

Totally stuck on chapter 2. You beat a mini boss then you get Thumbalina in your party and have to fight the nightmare of the graveyard...twice. WTF? What am I missing here? This seems unusually difficult.

I can get past the first iteration of the dungeons nightmare. But the second form destroys me. I feel like I've sufficiently grinded too. Ugh. This is not cool considering Demon Gaze 2 is sitting here, wondering "why are you playing that game when you have me?!?!"

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I haven't picked up MS, but spike in difficulty is BS in rpg design.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I haven't picked up MS, but spike in difficulty is BS in rpg design.

It's really good so far, as far as DRPGs go. I finally beat the boss I was bitching about, but it was not something easily understood. You acquire a new character right before the fight [Thumbelina] and she is worthless for all intents and purposes. What you have to do is immediately go into her skill sets and add spells for her. She then can buff a couple of the characters to help with the battle. Something tells me I will never finish this game, but I will give it the old college try before jumping ship and starting Demon Gaze 2.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I really liked the first Demon Gaze - ended up playing through it twice. Probably going to get the second one eventually. I'm pretty much over buying Vita games on launch day, since they all seem to drop in price in a month or two now.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I really liked the first Demon Gaze - ended up playing through it twice. Probably going to get the second one eventually. I'm pretty much over buying Vita games on launch day, since they all seem to drop in price in a month or two now.

Really? I feel like it's 50/50 - they either drop or double hahah

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member

Or become insanely hard to find. I do try to get most of my stuff from best buy and order it with the 20% off or try to just get it at gamestop once they dont cost shit.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,

This is my experience too. Either cheap later or instantly out of print. You can't snooze on new Vita games these days. I imagine the print runs are quite small.

Got my physical copy of Axiom Verge in the mail today. Looking forward to checking out the included documentary.

I see there is a bunch of Demon Gaze II free DLC on PSN too. Be sure to snag them if that's your thing.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I was speaking more about the retail games readily available on Amazon or Gamestop. Yeah, the LRG and the limited edition stuff is never cheap.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone else played Tokyo Tattoo Girls? It's really odd, plays like a mobile resource manager game, but strangely engaging. Trophies for it won't sync for some reason.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Anyone else played Tokyo Tattoo Girls? It's really odd, plays like a mobile resource manager game, but strangely engaging. Trophies for it won't sync for some reason.

I did. I've been out of town and haven't had a chance to try it out. I've heard you either like it and it clicks with you or you hate it.

Your mini review is encouraging though. Anxious to try it out.