Fuck Yeah Vita!

I just changed the motherboard with another i found locally for 40 euros and then got the custom firmware done and now i am using retroarch and pFBA .It handles the emulation very well graphically but the sound is crackling.I can even overclock it so i can see what metal slug 2 could be without the slowdown.For 110 euros and with an amoled screen with very good clarity its a very nice system.I think the switch has better chances to become an all around better emulation machine down the line but the price is prohibiting at this stage just for emulation.Also the switch is not pocket friendly at all.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I just changed the motherboard with another i found locally for 40 euros and then got the custom firmware done and now i am using retroarch and pFBA .It handles the emulation very well graphically but the sound is crackling.I can even overclock it so i can see what metal slug 2 could be without the slowdown.For 110 euros and with an amoled screen with very good clarity its a very nice system.I think the switch has better chances to become an all around better emulation machine down the line but the price is prohibiting at this stage just for emulation.Also the switch is not pocket friendly at all.

You had to swap the motherboard on a pch-1000 unit? Was it updated past 3.68 firmware?

You had to swap the motherboard on a pch-1000 unit? Was it updated past 3.68 firmware?

Yes,unfortunately i bought it at 3.70 firmware,the previous bloke had updated it to the latest.I got it for 60 euros and it was in very good shape complete with box.There were some hickups along the way.Some pins that connect with pressure between the boards (like a sandwich) for sound and wifi antenna maily were bend and 1 was missing.I desoldered from a scrap phone 1 pressure pin (i dont know how to describe it better) and i soldered it to the missing one and i got it fixed.Anyway the board was for the 1000 wifi model.It came with 2.20 firmware and it was hacked with mlthaku exploit cause i had only an sd to vita and not a memory card.(if you have a 1000 model without a memory card from sony you can install the henkaku with mlthaku directly on the sd2vita)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yes,unfortunately i bought it at 3.70 firmware,the previous bloke had updated it to the latest.I got it for 60 euros and it was in very good shape complete with box.There were some hickups along the way.Some pins that connect with pressure between the boards (like a sandwich) for sound and wifi antenna maily were bend and 1 was missing.I desoldered from a scrap phone 1 pressure pin (i dont know how to describe it better) and i soldered it to the missing one and i got it fixed.Anyway the board was for the 1000 wifi model.It came with 2.20 firmware and it was hacked with mlthaku exploit cause i had only an sd to vita and not a memory card.(if you have a 1000 model without a memory card from sony you can install the henkaku with mlthaku directly on the sd2vita)

I'm surprised anyone would update to 3.70 firmware, what games require that? none in English that I know of.

Now get your game on!

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I'm surprised anyone would update to 3.70 firmware, what games require that? none in English that I know of.

Now get your game on!

You have to be on the latest FW to play online or access the store, in addition to blocking CFW exploits.

Now get your game on!

I believe that the other person wanted to restore it to factory settings and remove his psn ID So he updated just to be safe (in his own mind) and then delete his information. Or he could just use the vita as a ps4 streaming games inside his house. And the latter requires of the vita to be on the latest firmware.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/ps-vita-production-ending-soon-in-japan

PS Vita will soon end production in Japan, according to the official Japanese PlayStation website. The pages for the PCH-2000 ZA11 (PS Vita Black) and PCH-2000 ZA23 (PS Vita Aqua Blue) SKUs, which are the only two remaining PS Vita models in production in Japan, mention that “shipments are scheduled to end soon.”

Sony Interactive Entertainment, which manufactures PS Vita, had previously confirmed that production of the handheld will end in 2019.

While a specific end date is currently unknown, it is worth noting that when PlayStation 3 ended production back in May 2017, the official Japanese PlayStation website posted the same notice two months prior.

PS Vita first launched in December 2011.

Thanks, Sokuho@Hokanko.

We all knew it was coming but still... :(

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's been a slow death, but it hasn't been entirely painful. Lots of indies were still releasing Switch and Vita versions. Not sure why you would go Vita in that case, but devs did it anyways.

It'll be interesting to see which Vita titles stand the test of time. Not too many exclusives in the later years, but some of the early titles are still amazing.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
there is a chinese version of 98 for PGM2. So I guess its KOF98 which is chinese favourite

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I really thought I was done buying Vita shit - but in a drunken moment of weakness I ordered some Play-Asia goodies:

Super Robot Wars X [eng]
Bullet Girls Phantasia [Multi language]
Macross Delta Scramble [Jpn]

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Pretty keen on a Vita in the not too distant future - hoping the games dont go stratospheric in rarity and price.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Pretty keen on a Vita in the not too distant future - hoping the games dont go stratospheric in rarity and price.

Vita collecting will probably be in the same boat in 10-20 years, as the Turbografx is now. Except maybe slightly less ridiculous. I think you have a few years till shit gets crazy. Just get whatever you want now, starting most expensive first.

I need to pick Natural Doctrine back up soon. Among a few others.

Might be a good time now, with the end nearing, to start discussing what games you need to get now before they get even more crazy.

Asia/English and the actual fun LRG games are probably a good place to start.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Vita collecting will probably be in the same boat in 10-20 years, as the Turbografx is now. Except maybe slightly less ridiculous. I think you have a few years till shit gets crazy. Just get whatever you want now, starting most expensive first.

Might be a good time now, with the end nearing, to start discussing what games you need to get now before they get even more crazy.

Words of wisdom

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I'm glad i've got my complete us set other than LRG. There are however plenty of asia/english things I really do still want.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member

It would be great to get your thoughts (and other members) on what those titles are. I would be starting from scratch. Assuming the OLED console is preferred, but no idea on model variations etc. Any help appreciated.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
It would be great to get your thoughts (and other members) on what those titles are. I would be starting from scratch. Assuming the OLED console is preferred, but no idea on model variations etc. Any help appreciated.

I've only used the OLED and I love it.

I'm no expert on the games cause I've been out of the loop for iver a year.

As far as good games. Which is highly subjective.

Persona 4 Golden
Ys Celceta
Ys Lacrimosa of Dana
Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2
Natural Doctrine ( if you want you ass kicked)
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Retro City Rampage DX
Demon Gaze 1 and 2
Earth Defense Force
Uncharted Golden Abyss
New Little King Story
Hotline Miami
Final Fantasy X/X2
Dead or Alive 5
Ninja Gaiden: Theres 2 of em.
Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines
Catherine Full Body

Shit off the top my head thats probably going to be crazy.

Breach and Clear
Suptemacy MMA
Nosurge Ode to an Unborn Star
Rose in Twilight
Anything collector edition
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Asphalt Injection
Gal Gun
Bullet Girls

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I've only used the OLED and I love it.

I'm no expert on the games cause I've been out of the loop for iver a year.

As far as good games. Which is highly subjective.

Persona 4 Golden
Ys Celceta
Ys Lacrimosa of Dana
Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2
Natural Doctrine ( if you want you ass kicked)
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Retro City Rampage DX
Demon Gaze 1 and 2
Earth Defense Force
Uncharted Golden Abyss
New Little King Story
Hotline Miami
Final Fantasy X/X2
Dead or Alive 5
Ninja Gaiden: Theres 2 of em.
Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines
Catherine Full Body

Shit off the top my head thats probably going to be crazy.

Breach and Clear
Suptemacy MMA
Nosurge Ode to an Unborn Star
Rose in Twilight
Anything collector edition
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Asphalt Injection
Gal Gun
Bullet Girls

Good list

Add Killzone Mercenaries to the good games list. I had an OLED console and it is amazing, but the PSV2000's are lighter and the battery lasts way longer. The difference in screen is negligible to me.

Ar Nosurge was such a fun game, I beat it and sold it for like $250 which is nuts.

I think games that got Asia/eng releases are gonna be super valuable at some point when people start reaching outside the normal "collecting" circle.

Super Robot Wars V & X, SD Gundam G Genesis, and countless others...

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Adding to the list of games on the rise later:

Dungeon Travelers 2
Moe Chronicle
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3
and of course, most anything offered by LRG, SL, or whatever that's worth playing.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Aegis of Earth is underrated AF, Lost Dimension was rad...man, I envy anyone just now digging into the library. I don't envy their wallet though.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I need to pick up a used 2000 model next time I'm in Japan, along with the last few exclusives that I want to play.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Appreciate the assist on the games list peeps! Going to keep my eyes peeled for a good price console.