Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1630

Thread: Fuck Yeah Vita!

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    It also works through the cart slot and not the Vita memory card slot like lots of folks seem to think.
    Huh, no shit. I didn't know that - I thought it replaced the actual memory card you normally use. I still have lots of research before even getting one. I've hacked/modded/raped my OS so much since I got it I want to do a fresh install of everything down to the OS so I have to figure out how to do that without bricking the unit, accidentally updating it to above 3.60, backing up all my save games (have some like 50+ hour Final Fantasy saves on that etc.

Duck King's DJ

So to use the after market sd cards you have to run CFW?

On another note I think I will pick up Croixleur Sigma from limited run. The combat system intrigues me.
    Last edited by Montatez; 01-24-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Is there going to be an Asian English physical release of The Lost Child?

Neo*Geomancer

Quote Originally Posted by Montatez View Post
    So to use the after market sd cards you have to run CFW?

On another note I think I will pick up Croixleur Sigma from limited run. The combat system intrigues me.
    Yes. Basically you dump all the game images on the SD card, plug that into the cart slot and then load up a homebrew program that let's you browse and execute the files. Without a custom firmware you cannot load the launching program.
    Last edited by DecepticonZero; 01-24-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Duck King's DJ

Yes. Basically you dump all the game images on the SD card, plug that into the cart slot and then load up a home really program that let's you browse and execute the files. Without a custom firmware you cannot load the launching program.
    I love my hacked PSP, but have had no desire yet, to do that to my vita. That's cool I'll look into that. Thanks.
    Spoiler:
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

I loved my hacked PSP years back but nowadays I'm not sure I'd care to hack the Vita even though mine is past the FW where it's possible. I only play it when I'm flying...

!!

Neo*Geomancer

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    I loved my hacked PSP years back but nowadays I'm not sure I'd care to hack the Vita even though mine is past the FW where it's possible. I only play it when I'm flying...
    TBH, the games are so cheap for this machine that I don't see why you'd want to hack it. Unless you want to play low res psp emulators or PSP/PSone classics that are not available on PSN.

Duck King's DJ

TBH, the games are so cheap for this machine that I don't see why you'd want to hack it. Unless you want to play low res psp emulators or PSP/PSone classics that are not available on PSN.
    That and I play online. ALOT.
    Spoiler:

Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.

I have a spare NOS PSTV I hope to hack one day. I think it'd be great to have a portable option to hook up to a TV for these games, but (without links), are there Vita roms available, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

I love my hacked PSP, but have had no desire yet, to do that to my vita. That's cool I'll look into that. Thanks.
    Yeah - it's one of those systems that I have zero desire to mod. My hope is that knock-off memory cards become a thing someday.

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    Yeah - it's one of those systems that I have zero desire to mod. My hope is that knock-off memory cards become a thing someday.
    Wholeheartedly agree.
    Spoiler:

Bao's Babysitter

Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    I have a spare NOS PSTV I hope to hack one day. I think it'd be great to have a portable option to hook up to a TV for these games, but (without links), are there Vita roms available, too?
    yup

Neo*Geomancer

Did anyone else pick up a physical copy of Windjammers? If you put the cart in, you get a constant error message. In order to play the game, it requires a patch. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying the cart.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Did anyone else pick up a physical copy of Windjammers? If you put the cart in, you get a constant error message. In order to play the game, it requires a patch. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying the cart.
    I feel much better about not buying it now, so ridiculous!
    It's reeeeeal!!

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

If you put your Vita on Airplane Mode, you should be able to play it fine.

P.S.
    Anyone pick up 99 Vidas today from Strictly Limited Games?

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Rockie View Post

P.S.
    Did not see that one just that shooter and sigma.
    Spoiler:

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Did not see that one just that shooter and sigma.
    Different company, but basically the same as LRG. Final batch goes live at 9:00 pst.

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all

Duck King's DJ

Different company, but basically the same as LRG. Final batch goes live at 9:00 pst.

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all
    Yeah realized that when I looked up the name.
    Spoiler:

Neo*Geomancer

P.S.
    For anyone interested, I checked last night and this does fix the issue. Thanks!

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

How is 99 Vidas? Looks like a decent beat 'em up.
    It's reeeeeal!!

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

i really need to finish Digimon - wanna play Hacker's Memory

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Anybody here have experience with PSTV on a PVM?

Ive been running it through a cheapo Chinese HDMI to YPbPr transcoder i got on ebay with iffy results. it feels pretty laggy and the picture seems a bit off but i cant put my finger on it.

Vita games (Persona 4) look good but PSP games (Alpha 3, MMX, Power Stone so far....) look kind of blurry. Really not digging how blurry Alpha 3 looks in particular. Has anyone here screwed around with an SLG and transcoding on PSTV? I was thinking about getting a lower latency transcoder and chaining it this component SLG and hoping it will improve image and performance.

http://arcadeforge.net/Scaler-and-St...ition::97.html

Not sure if it'll work though

Geese's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Wachenroder View Post
    Anybody here have experience with PSTV on a PVM?

Ive been running it through a cheapo Chinese HDMI to YPbPr transcoder i got on ebay with iffy results. it feels pretty laggy and the picture seems a bit off but i cant put my finger on it.

Vita games (Persona 4) look good but PSP games (Alpha 3, MMX, Power Stone so far....) look kind of blurry. Really not digging how blurry Alpha 3 looks in particular. Has anyone here screwed around with an SLG and transcoding on PSTV? I was thinking about getting a lower latency transcoder and chaining it this component SLG and hoping it will improve image and performance.

http://arcadeforge.net/Scaler-and-St...ition::97.html

Not sure if it'll work though
    I use a crt and the vita looks amazing on it due to its lack of resolution it kinda looks like shit on a lcd or any larger size tv. The issue with ps1 or psp games is that they're not properly scaled and therefore look stretched in all sorts of odd ways. I'd recommend a widescreen hd crt as your best option and just avoid anything other than vita games on a pstv.

Galford's Poppy Trainer

nah man i have enough CRTs as it is. Plus arent HD CRTs laggy?

The thing is, the PSTV offers 480p 720p and 1080i which my PVM supports.

Im mainly intersted in 4:3 anyways and while 4:3 does look a tiny bit off, its good enough for me. Plus the PSTV has adjustments for correcting the image so you dont get too much overscan. 720p looks good but its got crazy black borders. Im not at all interested in 1080i so i havent even tried it.

I have no interest in PS1 support on this. Mainy just want it for PSP games on CRT. Vita games I can go either way.
    Last edited by Wachenroder; 02-04-2018 at 11:37 PM.

I haven't bought any plastic crap in almost a year, but Vita games are making it real tough lately.
    I might break down for the release of VA-11 HALL-A

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

Thread Information