Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power supply voltages

Genyosai's Servant

It looks like there are a few models of the RT-125 which offer different voltages, but the rt-125a should be good for arcade (or supergun) use. It is probably more than you need but that is never a bad thing. Make sure you get the rt-125a so it is 5v,12v,-5v. The other models have different voltages.

Bub & Bob's Bub

So will the RT-125A be strong enough to run CPS2 games? I'm only asking because I always thought the CPS-2 was a power hog.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by Dinodoedoe View Post
    So will the RT-125A be strong enough to run CPS2 games? I'm only asking because I always thought the CPS-2 was a power hog.
    No, that's Naomis will full gear.

AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!

So I ended ordering a MeanWell RT125A, which has +5V, +12V and -5V. It is rated at a max of 131W, which (I hope) it will be enough for running a 2-slot, and an atomiswave. Will let you know how it works once this arrives.

Thanks for the help guys!

AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!

Hi

I just got the Meanwell RT-125A power supply. First thing I did, was trying it without load, just the voltmeter. It would blink its led, and turn on/off intermittently, like having the security chip problem on the toaster NES. I thought this thing was broken. It seemed silly that I had so much bad luck. But no, it's just that this thing requires a minimum load to work properly. The minimum loads are specified on the manual, it seems the operating range for the +5V line is 2-16A, however it powered on my Atomiswave properly, and I believe it draws less than 2A. Anyway, this was just a heads-up to anybody that could have the same issue.

Regards.

Thread Information