State of the Neo Homebrew Scene

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
How is the Neo Geo Homebrew scene doing right now? Obviously NG Dev Team seems to be doing fine - they just announced a new game-but how about other Homebrew developers? Was Knight's Chance a success for Neobitz? Is Neobitz working on something new? Is N.C.I. planning on any more game releases? Any other developers that deserve a shout out?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Is N.C.I. planning on any more game releases?

I hope not.

There is also that crappy pony game that's worse than Treasure of Caribbean...so no there really aren't any others :P

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Im developing a turd i will pump into an aes shell and then sell for $500. Limited run, pre order soon.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Im developing a turd i will pump into an aes shell and then sell for $500. Limited run, pre order soon.

I've already paid up for this. $500 USD via Western Union.

I fully expect an announcement video shortly, along with a release date. I then wish for the release date to lapse for 2 further years beyond the 1 year proposed date. In that (overall) 3 years, I then wish for you to use my excessive (read: full) upfront deposit to fund your other intermediate ongoing projects and have said projects, on the same format, announced, produced AND released, before I see the title I paid you for in full, 3 years prior.

Make it happen, as others have done before you...

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Knight's Chance AES is already out - and only a handful of copies remain. I need to take "pre-order" off of my site since the game is shipping.

Jeff

AFAIK the Homecart release.

I really really hope there will be more Neobitz stuff.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
We do have a couple things we're working on, but we're not ready to make any announcements yet.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
We do have a couple things we're working on, but we're not ready to make any announcements yet.

That is great news Jeff, KC was just an amazing treat for us I have enjoyed it very much. I just can put it in and watch the intro over and over. Can't imagine the time it took to get that sprite work throughout the game to look like that. Perfectly on par w/ Nazca imho.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener

Very happy to hear that you have more games in the pipe. I haven't played Knight's Chance yet, but it seems to be highly regarded. I'll see if I can scrounge up some scratch for one of those remaining AES copies...

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Very happy to hear that you have more games in the pipe. I haven't played Knight's Chance yet, but it seems to be highly regarded. I'll see if I can scrounge up some scratch for one of those remaining AES copies...

Mot also has a new game in the pipe.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
How is the Neo Geo Homebrew scene doing right now? Obviously NG Dev Team seems to be doing fine - they just announced a new game-but how about other Homebrew developers? Was Knight's Chance a success for Neobitz? Is Neobitz working on something new? Is N.C.I. planning on any more game releases? Any other developers that deserve a shout out?
There should be more than NGDEVTEAM. Any new AES release, it's almost like it would just have to be a playable game, to sell 500 copies.
Don't know how easy it is to program for the Neo, or you see more new games, NGDEVTEAM had previous experience in programming the 68000, and they managed to get a Neo dev board, so that would have made it easier for them.