Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
These have been out for a little while but I do not believe anyone made a thread about them. Is anybody playing? I picked up Omega Ruby awhile back and have been really enjoying it. I've just made it to the elite four and lost to the Pokemon champion (on his last pokemon in fact, pretty frustrating.) I really haven't had to do any grinding on this title, which is nice to me, since I didn't always love it in past games. The new features are nice, and the mega evolutions are pretty cool too. This isn't my favorite generation of Pokemon, but it is better than some of the newer games.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I enjoyed the game, especially since it included the delta episode and a ton of legendary pokemon.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
I got alpha and for a while I thought it was pretty fun. The more I played though the less I was starting to enjoy it. Starting to feel really repetitive just like X and Y.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Agreed with the repetitiveness of how the series feels to me. I quit playing the game right after I beat the second gym leader. The single player feels so boring that I almost have to force myself to finish the game eventually. Which is sad because I am having fun with the online battle simulator on smogon.

At this point I really want Nintendo to make another series in the pokemon franchise that is seperate from the main franchise. They should just make a battle simulator that is just focused on what is fun to me and that is battling other people with pokemon. No leveling up, no having to hunt for all pokemon. I just want to be able to take any pokemon, have complete customization over all its stats, build any team with all the move sets readily available, and just battle people. I think a game like that would sell quite nicely.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Are these worth a go if you played X or Y? I'm kind of interested to play them, but like people have said above I kind of got bored of X and Y after about 20 hours play time and gave up. Not that that's such a bad thing, I give up on most games a lot sooner than 20 hours, so that's still a lot of playtime.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love the way the Pokemons look, such a fine job on those graphics, outstanding. I'm not a Pokémon fan my GF is, I did however watched her play and I couldn't help myself, I got me both Y and Omega, it's perfect 'cause my GF has X and Alpha so if I don't get into them she can have at it. To me it looks like X & Y are more polished than Alpha & Omega, I'm sure it's 'cause the later ones are remakes.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I love the way the Pokemons look, such a fine job on those graphics, outstanding. I'm not a Pokémon fan my GF is, I did however watched her play and I couldn't help myself, I got me both Y and Omega, it's perfect 'cause my GF has X and Alpha so if I don't get into them she can have at it. To me it looks like X & Y are more polished than Alpha & Omega, I'm sure it's 'cause the later ones are remakes.

Yeah, the remakes still have to appeal to the people that played the original games on the GBA.

Side note: I wish my wife played Pokemon. I used to be a huge fan, but there's just not enough time at this point in my life (especially since the wife isn't interested).

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

The battle animations remind me of pokemon stadium, and I love that. It definitely made battling and catching pokemon much more fun.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I recently picked up both games. havent played em yet but looking forward to it. I enjoyed x and y a lot.