Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
That french dude who is making those SS5P bootlegs has posted something about releasing his own limited run of bootlegs of the game at the end of august. People are already sending in preorders and all that.

That will be interesting....

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
new update last week

Current status: 6. August 2020

[now shipping 100/150] Buster AES CE (we received replacement snapcases. Shipping restarts in the next few weeks.
[standby] Next in line is Kraut Buster AES (regular edition 1st print)
[standby] 2nd in line is Kraut Buster AES (regular edition 2nd print)
[standby] Fast Striker AES (2nd print) in 2021

Took them 4 months to ship 50 games so might get 2nd print some time next year..maybe

This pretty much confirms my suspension about 2 dudes building games in a living room as parts show up. You'd think this would be their death nail but knows.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
Their carts have custom hardware. It's not gonna happen.

One can still hope, at least we have the Dreamcast releases for some of their games and recently the Switch too. Not that their games are something to die for, they can be pretty good/decent but that's about it.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
That french dude who is making those SS5P bootlegs has posted something about releasing his own limited run of bootlegs of the game at the end of august. People are already sending in preorders and all that.

lmbo he's gonna charge 300 euro each and call you a 2000% anti-French racist if you complain, and people will still buy it in droves, because NGDevTeam can't get their shit together and fullfill preorders in a timeframe smaller than a decade. It's GDEMU all over again, if GDEMU guy actually took your money first THEN made you wait.

Their carts have custom hardware. It's not gonna happen.

I'm pretty sure the only reason this hasn't been dumped yet is because of a gentleman's agreement, people are decapping logic chips left and right on both the MAME and FPGA communities. I seriously doubt their romzorz will be out of reach in MAME forever. Remember Pier Solar?

I wish some homebrewer guys would stop being so spergy about teh dumps!!!1!, if the rom is dumped no one who was interested in buying your game in the first place is going to give up on it... oh wait, now I get it, it's because you can get away with holding people's money for YEARS without complaint and always charge a premium for the games. Silly me.

Last edited:

Shmuppy

Banned
Yeah it's sad how many of these "Kickstarters" end up. I mean the game is really solid and the 60fps makes my head scratching but 5 years? At least it was released unlike "90s Arcade Racer":( They should have had at least 30% of the game ready before even asking for money in advance, showing off some stuff. Satoru Iwata from Nintendo did the opposite thing. When SuperFamicom Mother3 project was abandoned he said to the team that he could try to understand the old code and make it in 1 year, or he will do the programming from scratch in 6 months. He did it in roughly half the time. Still I find Kraut the best "homebrew" Neo game to this date. It's well designed and I find the intro really really cool! Probably one of my favs on the Neo.

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I watched someone play a few levels of their AES copy on YouTube and now I'd really appreciate if NGDEV WOULD SHIP MY FUCKING GAME

Shmuppy

Banned
I watched someone play a few levels of their AES copy on YouTube and now I'd really appreciate if NGDEV WOULD SHIP MY FUCKING GAME

I wouldn't feel bad for NGDEV if Kraut gets a "Mame/SD release" as soon as possible. How they handle the situation is definitely not usual German style. Shame on you NGDEV.

Last edited:

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i honestly cant fault anybody for flipping these at this point, thats definitely alot but we are talking over 5 years of being fucked around.

Only needs a buyer. Just don't understand why he didn't just put 10k on it

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
no way he is getting that, i would say maybe half if he is lucky. I dont understand why he didnt put a best offer
You would be surprised. 2 copies have showed up in the neostore for $2500+ and i watched them sell in less than 6 hours.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
You would be surprised. 2 copies have showed up in the neostore for $2500+ and i watched them sell in less than 6 hours.

I wonder how far that price will fall or rise once they all finally ship. 2500 is insane when second prints sat for days on the NGDEV shop February of 2019.

I was going to get a jp and an english version. I just got an english version. Should have gotten both for trade fodder.

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
Still no update on the shipping aftet 6 weeks, what are they doing now?

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Still no update on the shipping aftet 6 weeks, what are they doing now?

Waiting for parts probably. I'm sure the pandemic threw a wrench in their little system.

They said the entire run of KB for the AES was smaller than the English run of Metal Slug 5. So thats gotta be what, 250-300 copies? It doesn't take all summer to ship that. Something else is up.

No updates or newsletter to be found. 2021 mark my words.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Yea, 2020 isn't happening. Since Krautpost is using the pandemic as an excuse to not ship to the USA using their cheapest option. NGDEV could of course upgrade shipping to a higher tier service to get customers their product and save some face . . .

or not.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yea, 2020 isn't happening. Since Krautpost is using the pandemic as an excuse to not ship to the USA using their cheapest option. NGDEV could of course upgrade shipping to a higher tier service to get customers their product and save some face . . .

or not.

I was hoping they would announce a new game to give us something to look forward to in these trying times.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member

or not.

If they so desire, I have enough AES snaplocks in stock and access to cart shells to clear out their entire USA order backlog by the end of the year. Just saying...

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
Seems no one can push them to ship out the games, just wait or ask for refund.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
This is beyond totally ridiculous...but I have to say those AES carts look beautiful. When you guys eventually get your games i’m sure you’ll be happy as the finished product looks awesome. Even with all the bullshit i’m regretting not preordering a copy myself.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This is beyond totally ridiculous...but I have to say those AES carts look beautiful. When you guys eventually get your games i’m sure you’ll be happy as the finished product looks awesome. Even with all the bullshit i’m regretting not preordering a copy myself.

I can sell you copy. Supply is short so I must ask €5,000;00 euros. You have 5 hours make response.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I can sell you copy. Supply is short so I must ask €5,000;00 euros. You have 5 hours make response.

I’m going to make you a counter-offer of a picture of my asshole. Do we have a deal?