Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I can see where id get a bit nervous. Lol. 3 years waiting, no tracking, no signature required on some, $500+ game, and it's taking a bit longer than it possibly should.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I credit fed to see the end, and the animation on the final boss is really nice. The “heat wave” effect looks really cool, not LB2 good but still impressive. I like the game over screen too, which is important since I think the game is pretty tough. Fuck those green dudes who swing at you like a gorilla.

Also, I feel like the invincibility after you die could be extended 0.5 to 1 second. There were some situations where I died with tons of enemies on screen, and I could barely clear any of them off before losing invincibility and dying again immediately. There were also some spots were the go sign flashed, but I wasn’t able to advance since some enemies hadn’t been killed. That probably shouldn’t flash until I’m actually able to move ahead in the stage.

Minor complaints though. I haven’t played all the ng dev games, but from the footage I’ve seen of them this seems like a big step up.

Last edited:

Raguy

New Challenger
Heihachi, those green dudes remind me Gozu from Kizuna encounter- Savage reign.
I have also Kraut buster, i confirm that it is big step up from others NGDEVTEAM games.
I have a lot of fun to play this game, it's energetic, 60 fps brings a lot .

In a metal slug 4 topic, heihachi you wrote this .

Horrible opinion that 4 is best........but that said I like 4 more than 5.

The real question is where Kraut Buster will rank.

Ranking Kraut buster inside Metal slug serie is a big question.

Raguy

New Challenger
trying to work out the nuances of the masks:

CHICK MASK: grenades turn into eggs ( more damage?) POW chicks get bandanas and fire machineguns (better multiplier?)
JASON MASK: longer slide? extended melee attack w/knife, POW chicks get masks, and throw knives.
TENGU MASK: super jump, extended melee with sword, grenades turn into bombs that don't bounce. POW chicks throw ninja stars.
WOLF MASK: super movement speed...

What can i add to your list ?

Chick mask has also a floating jump.
I would say that tengu grenade ( that don't bounce ) are time bombs.
Wolf mask has a killer slide, no need to shoot on soldiers, his slide alone is enough to kill a row of soldiers.

NGDEVTEAM gave a list of mask abilities in facebook, but we had to look at which masks they correspond to.

Here is NGDEVTEAM text :

Masks can add combinations of abilities like:

- 1 hit shield
- weaponized chick sidekicks
- more shot power
- different grenades
- super knife
- killer slide
- higher jumps
- floating in air
- faster jump and run speed
- faster combo build up
- lower/higher difficulty and personal challenges
- negative effects like increased ammo usage in trade for power

Last edited:

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
C-Mode'd be better with the knife, I don't understand why they deleted it on this mode.

Raguy

New Challenger
True that in C-Mode, many of my lost lives were due to melee soldiers.
Knife would have been helpful in those situations.
But, i played little C-mode, perhaps with more pratice, i would be more alert to the soldiers.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Any news about the AES kraut Buster release?Hope this year!

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
NG Dev usually release AES roughly six months after the MVS release so that AES gets the final code after bug fixes.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
True that in C-Mode, many of my lost lives were due to melee soldiers.
Knife would have been helpful in those situations.
But, i played little C-mode, perhaps with more pratice, i would be more alert to the soldiers.

I think the knife should be in C-mode too. Seems a bit crazy to remove that one feature for that mode. I think one or two of the more powerful weapons are too powerful as well - they just cut through absolutely everything making it no challange at all when you get them. Maybe just give less ammo for those powerful weapons.

EDIT: The other thing I noticed, which seems like a bug to me - if you hold the fire button down, you dont ever need to press it to knife an enemy. You can be firing upwards (locked by D held down), enemies on the sides walk towards you and you auto knife them when they get near. On Metal Slug I am sure you have to stop firing in order to register a stab, same with Shock Troopers.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't think it's a bug. MS doesn't have autofire, so it makes sense that you would have to press the button again there.

So far I've had an easier time with C mode, which could be due to my Contra upbringing. I find I don't melee that often in T mode.

Missile

Another Striker
C-Mode'd be better with the knife, I don't understand why they deleted it on this mode.

C-Mode is meant to be like Contra as Neo Alec says, so no melee attack. If enough people say they want it, maybe they will add it

Ukyo

20 Year Member
just an observation: I was testing CHICK Vs. TENGU mask last night with no miss stage 1 runs.. I had huge score gains going into stage 2 with the TENGU mask over the CHICK, (and I was following the same pace / strategy throughout the level.)

didn't anyone else notice that the rooster / chicks will attack you at the start of stage 1 if you are wearing the WOLF mask? (I believe thats the trigger anyway)

Raguy

New Challenger
Yeah, chicks attacked me after I shot them, but i didn't see the rooster attack me.
I will try with wolf mask if rooster attacks me.

At 6 min 15 s, we can see chick in action.

Video of lukemorse :

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I don't think it's a bug. MS doesn't have autofire, so it makes sense that you would have to press the button again there.

So far I've had an easier time with C mode, which could be due to my Contra upbringing. I find I don't melee that often in T mode.

Maybe it's not a bug, but it kind of makes melee a pointless thing because its just "automatic" when you are firing. All you do is keep firing upwards dealing with a boss etc and move sideways and automatically knife people coming at you without ever lifting the fire button. Feels pointless and not rewarding like it should be that way.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It was always going to be a factor when making an MS type game that the prices would reflect this.
It's pretty hilarious
Carry on

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
This game is starting to hit eBay at +$1200 pricing...

This always happens with Ngdev team games nothing new at all there. They made more copies of this game than any other. It's all just hype because it's new "Oh no' s i got to have new game" b.s. After everybody receives them I'm sure they will be more than enough of them being sold and they will drop down to the normal ass raeping eBay price.

Raguy

New Challenger
Hi about slide on projectiles, NGDEVTEAM said this :

Ground slide move and air dash.
You can dash both on ground and air.
The slide/dash makes you shortly invincible against most projectiles (except stuff that explodes/fire/acid).
Mastering this move is very important to survive maniac-ish amounts of bullets and enemies in later missions.

I made a short video to demonstrate slide move on projectiles :

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
[NGDEV] Kraut Buster video #5 / 2nd print AES+MVS / update v1.01

Dear customers,

we made a small video that show the first couple of minutes of Kraut Buster. There are some videos around but we wanted to show it in higher quality and with scanlines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SazMSaX5mQ

So far feedback is overwhelmingly positive from people who actually played Kraut Buster. This is a first time for us, we are very happy about that.
It's also nice to see that more and more people realize that Kraut Buster offers it's own thing and is not just a mixture of Contra and MS.

As Kraut Buster's development costs exceeded the sales, we need to open pre orders for more AES units and a 2nd print MVS version.
To cover our costs we need to sell AES+MVS combined ~100 more units.

If you are an AES speculator/investor, don't worry all KB AES units (CE+RE+JPN+ENG) combined are still by far more rare than let's say MS5 AES english.

The 1st print AES version is still scheduled for summer/autumn 2019. We need to wait for at least 2-3 more software updates. Fast Striker AES follows after that.

To even out chances of getting a AES copy of the game we will throttle sales in the shop system. Only a given amount of units per day are available in the first days. If the limit is exceeded you can try the next day.
After a few days we will remove any limits.

The MVS version comes with a new model of cartridge shell:

If plan A works out with a molded polished finish shell. Plan B is a high quality laser cut and milled shell (made in Germany). We will provide pictures of those shells in time before shipping.

We added a new option to the shop system for a MVS cartridge only variant at a small discount. The option is at the bottom of the item's shop page.

A software update v1.01 for Kraut Buster MVS is available.
Details how to install it via a micro SD Card are in the zip file.

http://www.ngdevteam.com/download/updates/krautbuster/KBUPDATE_v1_01.zip

v1.01

- fix: on uni-bios systems: error message/memory viewer after gameover/play through of missions > 1 / on stock bios fixes reset

- demo attract mode sound fix

- reduced hit points of some bigger enemies to reduce coin eating "grindiness" especially in the final rooms of the game

- weapon "Schrotflinte" was over powered in c-mode.

- added secret mask "Schwein" for a "Schütze Arsch" über challenge mode

- increased player's i-frames from 120 to 180 frames

Best regards,
NGDEV

-SD-

Camel Slug
I just received that email myself... got a pre-order in for a Japanese AES copy from the 2nd batch :buttrock: