Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I feel sorry for the people patiently waiting, hope it will be worth the wait

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This is a bad idea for a number of reasons. A) People like Lonesage would come on here saying, "lulz they are charging $400 for a game and it doesn't even have a shell lmbo." B) This would put them at risk for retards fucking up the PCBs with their greasy pepperoni hands or some other dumbshit move.

I would also argue that the shell and case are the most important part of NG Dev releases, given the fact that most sold on the second hand market have been unused or barely used.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
70 pages and I foresee at least another 10 before this game is released. This game better put Metal Slug to shame with the amount of time they had to work on it.

ledfrog

n00b
I would also argue that the shell and case are the most important part of NG Dev releases, given the fact that most sold on the second hand market have been unused or barely used.

Are you talking about MVS or AES? Judging by what I've read about them not re-printing the MVS version due to a shortage of MVS shells, I just assumed they weren't producing new ones and instead were just using used stock. From where? I don't know.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Are you talking about MVS or AES? Judging by what I've read about them not re-printing the MVS version due to a shortage of MVS shells, I just assumed they weren't producing new ones and instead were just using used stock. From where? I don't know.

I meant home cart, but most MVS carts I see sold are still new or barely used as well. The cycle seems to be buy it when new, maybe throw it in the machine once, then sit on it for a few years and sell it. And then mark it up a few hundred dollars if they're a douchebag.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I meant home cart, but most MVS carts I see sold are still new or barely used as well. The cycle seems to be buy it when new, maybe throw it in the machine once, then sit on it for a few years and sell it. And then mark it up a few hundred dollars if they're a douchebag.

Well in fairness, people buying $450 MVS carts are treating them better than ops did in the 90's. Take game out of case, insert into MVS, put back into case. Not a lot of chances for deep gouges, ripped labels or scratching out serial numbers.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member

These guys aren’t Darksoft buying a stack of Yaton tampon carts. Pretty sure they only use new shells.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Latest email:
NGDEV said:
Dear customers,

the external Kraut Buster MVS beta testing started. We will have a release date and more information in the couple next weeks :D
While the testing is ongoing we use the time to pre produce as much as possible so we can get all MVS units shipped before the holidays.

Speaking about holidays, we added some new small stuff to our shop for the holidays.
A soundtrack collection and the regular edition of Last Hope for NGCD with spinecard/OBI. Only limited quantities are available. After that both are gone for good. Both items are in stock.

Best regards,
NGDEV

Pinball

Geese's Thug
This is great news- we get a (hopefully great) game soon! There's also some soundtrack CDs on sale that I bought today.

All this said, I won't pre-order from them ever again...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This is great news- we get a (hopefully great) game soon! There's also some soundtrack CDs on sale that I bought today.

All this said, I won't pre-order from them ever again...

I doubt they will spend anywhere near this long on a game again.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I didn't even pre-order this game and everytime i see this thread bumped i come in hoping someone got a shipment email, lol

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
It's CLOSE!

[NGDEV] Kraut Buster Status Beta Test started

Dear customers,

the external Kraut Buster MVS beta testing started. We will have a release date and more information in the couple next weeks :D
While the testing is ongoing we use the time to pre produce as much as possible so we can get all MVS units shipped before the holidays.

Speaking about holidays, we added some new small stuff to our shop for the holidays.
A soundtrack collection and the regular edition of Last Hope for NGCD with spinecard/OBI. Only limited quantities are available. After that both are gone for good. Both items are in stock.

Best regards,
NGDEV

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
It's CLOSE!

[NGDEV] Kraut Buster Status Beta Test started

Dear customers,

Best regards,
NGDEV

Which holiday? Christmas 2020 or 2021?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
ROFLZLOLZOZLZ GOOD ONE! You forgot the part where NGDev stole all our moniez and they never intend to actually ship anything!

I reckon they could do that and string the collectards here along for another decade. :lolz:

ledfrog

n00b

Oh you're just talking about the condition of game carts in general? My original post was about NG DEV's comments regarding why they won't be doing a reprint (or re-open pre-orders) of Kraut Buster (MVS). They said it was because the MVS cartridge shells are getting harder to come by. This lead me to believe that the shells they were using must have been some sort of NOS extras they were able to find somewhere or they were sourcing cartridges from old dead games (used shells)....possibly a combination of both?? One idea I had was that if they just sold the PCBs without a shell, they could sell them to people like me who missed the boat on the original pre-order and we could use our own extra shell to put the game in. :)

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I've never seen an ngdev cart shell that looked like an old saced OG MVS shell. I figured they had their own mold made, but apparently that isn't the case.

damasco

n00b
I have asked them last spring about switching my AES preorder for the MVS version.
They accepted ... but effectively warned me I will maybe get an used shell instead of what was originally planned...:mad:

Ir0n

n00b
I have asked them last spring about switching my AES preorder for the MVS version.
They accepted ... but effectively warned me I will maybe get an used shell instead of what was originally planned...:mad:

You could always make your metal slug clone look like a 161 - 1 cart if you aren't happy with it...it'd fit right in. How could you go wrong with a High quality housing case adapter protector shell game cartridge cover?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...lgo_pvid=e8432684-ae6a-4ba9-bab3-9f6d6dd8ea59

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
Yesterday or the day before yesterday, NGDevteam : "Yes, shipping out should start around 10th."