Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    Germans can rest assured that most of the world doesn't still view them as Nazis or Krauts (which they aren't)
    Is this a joke? It's the year 2015 and the rest of the world (Americans included) still think of Nazis whenever Germany is mentioned. It's unfortunately something that just won't be dropped.

I guarantee you, with Americans at least, Kraut is a derogatory word used towards Germans very much the same way chink is with Chinese and gook with Vietnamese.

I agree with Spoon, too - Nazis as bad guys, *again*? boring.

Armored Scrum Object

I really feel like all the talent, time and money has been wasted on this project. I mean, by all means, this looks great, but it feels like one of those weird South Korean late '90/early '00 jamma bootleg that refused half-remade sprites from famous games.

Why would I play this when I can play the original?

The talent and skills are there! Why are they 'wasting' it on a clone? Especially since MS has a very distinctive style..
    Shuri approved class acts of neo-geo.com:
    mjmjr25, alberto1225, Terot, Fox1 and at the top: Xian Xi

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    I agree with Spoon, too - Nazis as bad guys, *again*? boring.
    To be fair, I never get tired of shooting Germans.

I mean Nazis.

Really, I meant to say Nazis.
    Whatcha gonna do?

Frenzy Football Player

The title is offensive and in bad taste.
    Also the music is awful.

Project Y looks far more promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuri View Post
    Why would I play this when I can play the original?

The talent and skills are there! Why are they 'wasting' it on a clone? Especially since MS has a very distinctive style..
    I couldn't have said it better myself. They have the resources to make a great original title and they are spending it all trying to re-create something legendary. You will never be Nazca. Stop trying. Be yourself and maybe someone (read not a collector who just wants another box on their shelf) will actually appreciate your artistry.
    -ud
    NEO-GEO.COM: IT'S PERSONAL

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

I don't mind the Nazi theme, hasn't been done on a game like this so I'm all for it. What bothers me is that it looks so washed out, no consistency with the colors and the shading is so subtle that it looks like Vigilante, not in a good way though.

Setsuna's Owl Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    I don't mind the Nazi theme, hasn't been done on a game like this so I'm all for it. What bothers me is that it looks so washed out, no consistency with the colors and the shading is so subtle that it looks like Vigilante, not in a good way though.

At least Vigilante had black Skinheads. Kraut needs to get some black Nazi's in there.

Another Striker

Shoulda been moon Nazis. Moon Nazis are still cool.

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!
    DEAL OUTSTANDING!

If they were going the Metal Slug rip-off route they could have at least changed the time period and setting. Like others mentioned, maybe something futuristic like Cyber Lip. I'm sure they're working on the vomiting zombies as we speak. Screw originality.
    NG: DEV SCOREBOARD <<<< CLOSED DUE TO EXCESSIVELY HIGH VOLUME OF PARTICIPATION

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

No, should have went with the North Koreans as the villains. Or maybe a Cold War Soviet throwback.

Windjammers Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    Or maybe a Cold War Soviet throwback.
    Seconded. That'd be a fun and, most importantly, original theme for a 2D action game. Goldeneye setting + Metal Slug game mechanics: sign me up.
    Wanted MVS carts:

Alpha Mission 2, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Sengoku 2

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

This may not be something I'll buy, but I'm still amazed at NGDev's skills to make these games for Neo. I know there is a lot of criticism of it being a Slug clone, but there is an extreme amount of work that goes into this. This may have been something they always wanted to make, their take on Metal Slug. I can't bash them for that.

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Sounds to me like people here have turned sauer on the name Kraut.

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.
    illadelph Snail Trail aka the Pleasure Domes

Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    Sounds to me like people here have turned sauer on the name Kraut.
    This is not germane to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Sakura's Bank Manager

I'm a huge NGDEV fanboy and even worked for NGDEV on Gunlord as a tester and design contributor for the boss mechanics. I've got all the MVS LEs they've released so far, but I'm disappointed with what they've shown here so far.

First off, whether the title is offensive or not is irrelevant. Any title that spawns a debate on whether or not it is offensive is a bad title. Period.

Secondly, they are cloning a game that is one of the best examples of the genre for ANY system, ON the system it was made for, where literally everyone in their target audience will already have at least one Metal Slug game. This doesn't make any sense! Maybe they will hit this one out of the park, but the bar is set extremely high.

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by lantus360 View Post
    Or this might be a "clever" marketing plan. Negative feedback = 50% sold of the limited edition already! Hmm...Better buy now before itīs too late.

Camel Slug

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelus View Post
    I'm a huge NGDEV fanboy and even worked for NGDEV on Gunlord as a tester and design contributor for the boss mechanics. I've got all the MVS LEs they've released so far, but I'm disappointed with what they've shown here so far.

First off, whether the title is offensive or not is irrelevant. Any title that spawns a debate on whether or not it is offensive is a bad title. Period.

Secondly, they are cloning a game that is one of the best examples of the genre for ANY system, ON the system it was made for, where literally everyone in their target audience will already have at least one Metal Slug game. This doesn't make any sense! Maybe they will hit this one out of the park, but the bar is set extremely high.
    I think in addition to this is the fact that you can get Metal Slug games for less than 50 bucks, so a 400+ dollar game would really need to surpass MS to make me interested. I guess if you are a MS fanatic this could be viewed as a new version and that would be very appealing, but I am just not in that camp.

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!
    DEAL OUTSTANDING!

Quote Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
    I guess if you are a MS fanatic this could be viewed as a new version and that would be very appealing, but I am just not in that camp.

If you're a MS fan and haven't played Demon Front....get that instead.
    NG: DEV SCOREBOARD <<<< CLOSED DUE TO EXCESSIVELY HIGH VOLUME OF PARTICIPATION

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
    I think in addition to this is the fact that you can get Metal Slug games for less than 50 bucks, so a 400+ dollar game would really need to surpass MS to make me interested. I guess if you are a MS fanatic this could be viewed as a new version and that would be very appealing, but I am just not in that camp.
    Exactly. Maybe back in the day if this was released it wouldn't be getting any criticism but now comparing prices it just doesn't make sense to own it unless it is seriously revamped.

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    If you're a MS fan and haven't played Demon Front....get that instead.
    Oh yeah, Demon Front is quite fun. Both that and Gunforce 2 / Geostorm are worth playing, for fans of this type of game.
    4-slot Big Red (revision 3)

Cham Cham's Banana

I'll skip this release this time, and wait for a more polished Mental Slug 2
    The good point is that now they have the core done, so we just need to wait a year or two until they do a more decent game with it to invest 400 bucks

+1 supporting Demon Front its a great game, I just miss one could threw grenades or whatever like crazy lol would do the game smoother

Kula's Candy

Huh....not sure what to think right now. On the one hand it does look tempting, but on the other it does seem a bit rough, visually. For now, at least.

Although I can"t wait for the Ikari style game I can't say I'm that disappointed that we're getting a Slug clone first. As long as it's fun to play, why not!

Bloodhound

Uhh, I think of techno and 10/10 club girls when it comes to Germany, Nazis not so much

Does anybody even say "kraut" anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    To be fair, I never get tired of shooting Germans.

I mean Nazis.
    Don't worry, its pretty much the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    This is not germane to the conversation.
    I'd have to be retarded to not-see what you're saying here.

Iori Yagami's Manicurist

Quote Originally Posted by todosnk View Post
    I'll skip this release this time, and wait for a more polished Mental Slug 2 :D
    But remember: KB2 > KBX... I won't mind the slowdown ;).

Thread Information