Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
And yet I'd guarantee the next game they announce will be sold out pre-ordered within a few days...and the cycle will continue.

I looked at their screenshots again, so fucking lame they made an homage/rip-off of the enemy soldier in underwear from Slug:

battleship_0_840wx.jpg

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
And yet I'd guarantee the next game they announce will be sold out pre-ordered within a few days...and the cycle will continue.

I looked at their screenshots again, so fucking lame they made an homage/rip-off of the enemy soldier in underwear from Slug:

battleship_0_840wx.jpg

Thats what they're paying for - a clone of Metal Slug.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Ship date has quietly been pushed back yet another month...now November 2018. Seems like good odds this goes to 2019.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Dislikes NGDev, spends time looking at their screen shots and posting in here. Sad.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Dislikes NGDev, spends time looking at their screen shots and posting in here. Sad.

I spent 10 seconds looking at their screens part of their web site which I haven't visited since the game was announced three years ago.

Those screenshots are probably also three years old.

Sadman.

Kaike

Geese's Thug
I wish this company actually wanted money and ported this game to literally anything else. I would buy an MVS cart but they are always sold out. lame.

madman

I wish this company actually wanted money and ported this game to literally anything else. I would buy an MVS cart but they are always sold out. lame.

Too bad, so sad.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
My guess is they may eventually port it to the Switch. There's a Gunlord game coming to the switch soon. But it could be a year or two (they wanted to get that dedicated KB board out next year I think). Regards the Metal Slug nods (eg. the guy sat fishing or whatever), I think is cool. All the small pieces of artwork and attention to detail are welcome. Yes it's heavily Metal Slug inspired, but that's what some of us wanted!

EDIT: Based on their previous releases, I would expect Nov / Dec if there's no manufacturing issues or major bugs in the code. When you look back at prior releases, as soon as they got to "PCBs ordered, due to start artwork" it was litterally a month later they landed. That said, there is a shortage of some FPGA and CPLD chips I think throughout Europe.

Last edited:

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
My guess is they may eventually port it to the Switch. There's a Gunlord game coming to the switch soon. But it could be a year or two (they wanted to get that dedicated KB board out next year I think). Regards the Metal Slug nods (eg. the guy sat fishing or whatever), I think is cool. All the small pieces of artwork and attention to detail are welcome. Yes it's heavily Metal Slug inspired, but that's what some of us wanted!

EDIT: Based on their previous releases, I would expect Nov / Dec if there's no manufacturing issues or major bugs in the code. When you look back at prior releases, as soon as they got to "PCBs ordered, due to start artwork" it was litterally a month later they landed. That said, there is a shortage of some FPGA and CPLD chips I think throughout Europe.

Pretty excited to see what has become of the game. 3 and a half years pre-order heh.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
My guess is they may eventually port it to the Switch. There's a Gunlord game coming to the switch soon.

Be a good idea if they did. If they actually ported out some of their games maybe they could use some of that capital to fund their next project instead of asking their customers to pay for a product that doesnt exist yet.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Update on their website:-
We had trouble with the PCB production. The factory is currently reworking the PCBs.
Game development is 99.99% done and beta testing starts in 1-2 weeks.
We will show the OST CD and printing materials/game center kit etc. in the next 4 weeks.
Currently estimated shipping date: 4th quarter of 2018 (late November)

The fact they don't appear to have started beta testing makes me think it will be after XMAS tbh.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
The Duke Nukem Forever of the Neo will finally arrive in 2019.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
...and Phil awakens at his Punxsutawney bed and breakfast room to Sonny & Cher's "I Got You Babe" on the clock radio

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I got my copy today. It’s pretty good!

Missile

Another Striker
They spent too much time on this game. They could have made a Gauntlet AND an Outrun style racing game by now.

ledfrog

n00b
Timm said they were running low on cart shells.

One option they could explore is to sell everything barebones without the shell and those of us with extra bootleg or broken cartridges lying around can do a simple swap.

madman

One option they could explore is to sell everything barebones without the shell and those of us with extra bootleg or broken cartridges lying around can do a simple swap.

This is a bad idea for a number of reasons. A) People like Lonesage would come on here saying, "lulz they are charging $400 for a game and it doesn't even have a shell lmbo." B) This would put them at risk for retards fucking up the PCBs with their greasy pepperoni hands or some other dumbshit move.

ledfrog

n00b
Yeah I thought about those possibilities too...I was just being hopeful since I missed out on the preorder for this one. I might be stuck with eBay if no more stock gets released.