Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Looks like a rip-off of Metal Slug to me.

More quality overpriced, unoriginal garbage from the folks at NG DEV!

Heh, just what I was thinking. But what's new (literally) with NGDev?

The sprite work looks nice, I will say that much; but otherwise it's a blantant rip off of Geo Storm / Metal Slug with some danmaku bullet patterns thrown in. More needlessly expensive homebrew.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Indeed. It'll be amusing to see all the naysayers posting WTB ads so they can get a copy.

Not this time. Pre-orders weren't limited this time around AND they're going to be open again closer to release supposedly. Collector's are gonna have plenty of opportunities to have already pre-ordered, or to order when it's released.

Game does look really good and I wouldn't mind playing it. That said, it doesn't look like a hobby-changing experience, so I know i'm personally done dropping $400+ on "good" games. I can get great games for $30 on xbox one. Maybe i'm just personally sour on this one, but even if I weren't, I would still argue they announced it way too soon - I get that the neo generates more hardcore attention, but this one is just too long imo.

Heh, just what I was thinking. But what's new (literally) with NGDev?

The sprite work looks nice, I will say that much; but otherwise it's a blantant rip off of Geo Storm / Metal Slug with some danmaku bullet patterns thrown in. More needlessly expensive homebrew.

Tarma, you're alive!

It appears better than Metal Slug 4 and I dropped a mountain of pennies on that flaming pile of turd. On that note, I'm going to dig it out now and remind myself.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Not this time. Pre-orders weren't limited this time around AND they're going to be open again closer to release supposedly. Collector's are gonna have plenty of opportunities to have already pre-ordered, or to order when it's released.

Game does look really good and I wouldn't mind playing it. That said, it doesn't look like a hobby-changing experience, so I know i'm personally done dropping $400+ on "good" games. I can get great games for $30 on xbox one. Maybe i'm just personally sour on this one, but even if I weren't, I would still argue they announced it way too soon - I get that the neo generates more hardcore attention, but this one is just too long imo.

Ha. Ever bought / pre-ordered anything from Watermelon? All these homebrews hillbillys are the same.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
how is no one going bonkers over the WLAN feature? if it can be done, that seems massive to me!

It's very cool and has potential, but if it's implemented now it will just be for updates and high scores. It will really help make updating easier.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

This is kind of where I'm at on this one. They game looks really sweet, but I could think of way better ways to spend $500 on this hobby. If this game was $20 on PSN, I'd be all over it.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
This is kind of where I'm at on this one. They game looks really sweet, but I could think of way better ways to spend $500 on this hobby. If this game was $20 on PSN, I'd be all over it.

Yeah give me a $50 Dreamcast release like Neo XYX or Gunlord and it would be an instant purchase.

I really hope they eventually decide to revisit the Dreamcast.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Yeah give me a $50 Dreamcast release like Neo XYX or Gunlord and it would be an instant purchase.

I really hope they eventually decide to revisit the Dreamcast.

There's no money in the dreamcast. NGDEV would rather price their shitty games out the ass than provide any sort of perceived value to the consumer.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
There's no money in the dreamcast. NGDEV would rather price their shitty games out the ass than provide any sort of perceived value to the consumer.

That explains why they're so unsuccessful and there is zero demand for their games.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I'm sure this has been answered earlier in this thread but I can't find it. Has NG:Dev taken preorders for BOTH the limited/collectors AES version and the regular AES version of Kraut Buster? Or are we still waiting on them to post up preorders for the regular version?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
SEARCH. FUNCTION.

AES CE sold out in about an hour. AES regular hasn't been available for pre-order for awhile, I don't know if they've mentioned whether or not they'll do more pre-orders for it.

Last edited:

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I just like that it says it come with a marquee. I had to make one or two for their other releases. (which I guess in the case of Xyx it doesn't make a lot of sense b/c it gets ran in a single slot E2 setup). One of the main draws for the Red NG cabinets is the selector lights up top.

/sidetrack

Game looks decent. Expensive, but I'm still excited to play. We don't get a ton of run and guns these days- thin breed next to shmups. Curious to see how it turns out.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
If they open preorders for aes again, I might get it....I’m a sucker for these types of games. I even like MS4.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
There was an email went out yesterday confirming preorders would open again, they also put 8 copies of Razion LE up in the store for sale. (as well as a couple of copies of Gunlord)

powerflower

Banned
Hmm, how did they pull of 60fps?? Maybe less animatins? Or did Nazca suck at programming? See MS2??

Looks like a rip-off of Metal Slug to me.

More quality overpriced, unoriginal garbage from the folks at NG DEV!

No shit sherlock:-J But when you look closely you see here and there references to Pac-Man and even Ridge Racer.

Come on, SNK was notorius for that in the beginning like that shitty Fatal Fury which played nearly as shitty as Street Fighter1. Oh wait it was the designer of SF1 ;) Considering that team is very small and not employed by a big Arcade manufacturer they do a far far better job than SNK did in the early NEO days.

lmbo just play metal slug you fagits

Booo!! Party Pooper, boo!

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hmm, how did they pull of 60fps?? Maybe less animatins? Or did Nazca suck at programming? See MS2??

MS2 was SNK's first attempt at a Metal Slug then hired hired Nazca and made X as the "fix" for MS2. iirc

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

You're absolutely right: NG:DEV feels right at home when producing enjoyable tech-demos, rather than games. Using technology available 20 years after the fact, along with deadlines prolonged for, literally, years. Now, how did they pull that off??

powerflower

Banned
MS2 was SNK's first attempt at a Metal Slug then hired hired Nazca and made X as the "fix" for MS2. iirc

Didn't know that. I thought they were bought by SNK. But who knows how many og Irem peeps where still there at that time. All MSs had that Irem vibe until MS4 happened.

Less "animatins" for sure.
:-J

You're absolutely right: NG:DEV feels right at home when producing enjoyable tech-demos, rather than games. Using technology available 20 years after the fact, along with deadlines prolonged for, literally, years. Now, how did they pull that off??

??? Please elaborate. Bad luck with them? Only thing I see is that vid and it seems pretty solid. Other than that I am not in the know how they act in terms of delivering.

Last edited: