Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Uppps actually my post was a typo... :D
Wanted to say Sept. 2017....

... re-read your stuffs when you post it...

There is a MASSIVE difference between a 2 month wait and a 14 month wait... The lads and I wouldn't have been so aggravated over a 2 month wait...

Pfft... nubz...

xROTx

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
But it's their responsibility to get a customer his/hers money back and of the exact same amount, as paid. Currency fluctuations can't be an excuse, nor customer unfriendly PP practices. This is not a corporate project, they're bound to their small but exclusive buyers community, exactly because of what they are: a niche indie company with goods mostly consisting on "borrowed" contents. And though this is only one side of this story, I'd argue, that it's also a decisive one.

Trust me, I would not be impressed with this either. The development time for Kraut Buster has been much longer than other games. In hindsight, maybe it should have been funded with reprints of other titles. After 180 days, you can't refund via Paypal, so someone is going to have to eat it. They should have sent it via gift but even if they did Mike would still be out a chunk of change.

On the flip side of your argument...if the Euro had increased in value, should NGDev adjust the refund down instead? There is always a currency risk involved in payments like this. The Pound took a shit after Brexit so I guess any Brit that wanted a refund would now make a profit ;)

There could have been a no refunds policy. While far from ideal, at least most of the money was returned.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Trust me, I would not be impressed with this either. The development time for Kraut Buster has been much longer than other games. In hindsight, maybe it should have been funded with reprints of other titles. After 180 days, you can't refund via Paypal, so someone is going to have to eat it. They should have sent it via gift but even if they did Mike would still be out a chunk of change.

On the flip side of your argument...if the Euro had increased in value, should NGDev adjust the refund down instead? There is always a currency risk involved in payments like this. The Pound took a shit after Brexit so I guess any Brit that wanted a refund would now make a profit ;)

There could have been a no refunds policy. While far from ideal, at least most of the money was returned.

Stop defending NGdev faggot. This whole Kraut Buster thing has been a disaster.

Even with this shit show, everyone will forget about it once they get their game in the mail.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Disclosure: Timm has seen (or heard) about my post in this thread and has offered to make my end right. I'm emailing him the pp receipts currently.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Good. He's doing what has to be done. When he refunded me for my Kraut Buster Pre-order, I got my complete refund back.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
But it's their responsibility to get a customer his/hers money back and of the exact same amount, as paid. Currency fluctuations can't be an excuse, nor customer unfriendly PP practices. This is not a corporate project, they're bound to their small but exclusive buyers community, exactly because of what they are: a niche indie company with goods mostly consisting on "borrowed" contents. And though this is only one side of this story, I'd argue, that it's also a decisive one.

Unfortunately the sales price is not in USD, so they only need to repay the amount in euro. Paypal does the currency conversion.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Disclosure: Timm has seen (or heard) about my post in this thread and has offered to make my end right. I'm emailing him the pp receipts currently.

That's cool of him Mike, I know we were both questioning why they did this. Really glad in the end they are making it right.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
That's cool of him Mike, I know we were both questioning why they did this. Really glad in the end they are making it right.

Timm sent back the difference today - so we are square. He didn't have to do it from any legal position, so i'm glad he made a personal choice to do this.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
A videogame forum that's been around since like 1999 and still have no clue how long a videogame takes to be completed. If you want content, you have to be patient. I didn't even order one and I'm saying this as I know how long it takes.

And don't forget, NGDEV games don't drop in value, upon release you can probably easily flip it for 200% what you paid as there are people still wanting this game(AES).

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
A videogame forum that's been around since like 1999 and still have no clue how long a videogame takes to be completed. If you want content, you have to be patient. I didn't even order one and I'm saying this as I know how long it takes.

And don't forget, NGDEV games don't drop in value, upon release you can probably easily flip it for 200% what you paid as there are people still wanting this game(AES).

I think most understand that. It is the moving date - and not 3-4 month delays which are even somewhat expected, but possibly years. In my case when the vague ETA began creeping from late 2016 to early 2017, that was pretty much understood. When early 2017 comes and the developer can't guarantee it will be released that calendar year, that is a problem and imo a buyer has every right to say, "Naw...that's not what we were led to believe at pre-order" and request refund at that point.

As far as doubling in value - that will not happen with Kraut Buster. All previous AES pre-orders were open a very limited amount of time (less than a couple days in most cases) and then closed firmly. The KB pre-order was open over a month. The MVS pre-order is STILL open, 20 months after some people put down for theirs.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think most understand that. It is the moving date - and not 3-4 month delays which are even somewhat expected, but possibly years. In my case when the vague ETA began creeping from late 2016 to early 2017, that was pretty much understood. When early 2017 comes and the developer can't guarantee it will be released that calendar year, that is a problem and imo a buyer has every right to say, "Naw...that's not what we were led to believe at pre-order" and request refund at that point.

As far as doubling in value - that will not happen with Kraut Buster. All previous AES pre-orders were open a very limited amount of time (less than a couple days in most cases) and then closed firmly. The KB pre-order was open over a month. The MVS pre-order is STILL open, 20 months after some people put down for theirs.

That's the problem with pre-orders for a game that was barely in Alpha stage. Timm and Rene said that with the bigger pre-order that they will add more content. I'm going to assume this thing is at least 4 missions now, maybe 5. Anything less would probably piss people off if they waited this long. The only reason why they put a release date is so people would buy it. If they were being honest and said that it wouldn't ship until about two years from when you paid, a big chunk of people would have never pulled the trigger on that purchase.

There's still a demand for the AES version. The pre-order was open for a good amount of time but not everyone had the funds to buy it at the time or even knew it existed. There's always new AES owners everyday and some are Neo crazy with 20 CCs in their wallet ready to be maxed out. I wanted to pre-order it, just life stuff got in the way, new kid was coming, needed a new car etc. But I completely understand where you are coming from. I'm not interested in the MVS version at all. I want that AES flair.

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
The question is would you have refunded the difference if the exchange rate was such as you'd get more money back?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The question is would you have refunded the difference if the exchange rate was such as you'd get more money back?

You obviously don't know Mike. Besides, it's up to the seller how to handle surplus related to a refund, not how to charge his customers with losses, caused by his inefficiency, justified or not. Timm's refund evidently states his opinion on this matter. So that's not the question.

Last edited:

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
I just said what the question was. Pathetic bitching about exchange rates and trying to make someone else responsible for your problems.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I just said what the question was. Pathetic bitching about exchange rates and trying to make someone else responsible for your problems.

Ban with extreme prejudice!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Timm went above and beyond what was required to keep a customer happy. Let's just leave it at that.

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
Is that a rhethorical question or is that a way of saying opinions that don't confirm to what the chosen few think are not appreciated?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Is that a rhethorical question or is that a way of saying opinions that don't confirm to what the chosen few think are not appreciated?

It means what it means...

You haven't contributed enough over the years to have an opinion to my liking...

Then you come in here and start sprouting views on a deal that was done...

Timm resolved an issue (even though he didn't have too)... Mike was happy... Job done... no need for anything else...

You wanna play this game with me... then best wear a tin hat because I'll be coming at you hard... and not in a good way...

STFU.. or face what comes...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Not really into games unless they are on mask roms sorry.

I told you to shut up... I don't play games... not with a n00b like you...

Welcome to the War Room... timeframe... unsure...

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Hi retro faggot, enjoy your stay in the isocubes.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I just checked out some trailers on Youtube and can't deny this game looks awesome.

I'd love to get this but just can't rationalize spending that kind of coin on a game these days...